...life can be translucent

Menu

Death penalty for divining

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
As I said on my FB, remind me to never become famous and then visit Saudi Arabia... :D

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Luis
it's too late...... you are famous:D

pink_mandolin

visitor
Reaction score
Swish and Flick....

OMG is that a true Article?

Sorcery indeed! Get back to the middle ages! I take it they don't watch Harry Potter in Saudi then :D I cannot even imagine living in a place that inhibits my freedom- extremely lucky and sheltered living in jolly old England, our history is rich in witchcraft or sorcery- Legends, faeries, druids etc etc. etc. I love home! God save the Queen hehe (I'm getting off my soap box now)

neegula

visitor
Reaction score
OMG is that a true Article?

Sorcery indeed! Get back to the middle ages! I take it they don't watch Harry Potter in Saudi then :D I cannot even imagine living in a place that inhibits my freedom- extremely lucky and sheltered living in jolly old England, our history is rich in witchcraft or sorcery- Legends, faeries, druids etc etc. etc. I love home! God save the Queen hehe (I'm getting off my soap box now)
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

(p.s. it is very probable that they haven't missed the lord of the rings, where it is full of good ones and bad ones....:rolleyes:)

pink_mandolin

visitor
Reaction score
The one ring but not in saudi

:hug: :hug: :hug: Thanks for the hugs

I wonder if they ban certain films like that there? hmm worth googling ;):D

Yes, they do! I just read that they have banned the cinema! Remind me never to go there!

Last edited:

neegula

visitor
Reaction score
yes, in saudi cinemas are closed since 30 years or so. well, they were until one year ago, i don't know now...

in italy sometimes some films are banned, like for instance "agora", the story of Ipazia, the scientist living in alessandria in IV century a.d., condamned to death by the christian church for theories she supported (like the heliocentric one). unfortunately, the version that came to me:rolleyes: was in spanish language, so i had a bit of problems to understand details.
anyway, in italy those who should have bought the film for our cinemas refused in group saying, in hte beginning, that they thought this film was a failure and nobody would have gone to see it. just after one month or so, after that people have started a group in facebook to collect signatures for a petion (to get agora in italy), it has come very clear to Everyone that it was a kind of banning for different reasons, different from the economical one:

:rant: this is my last comment about the story. for now.:mischief:
hope i'll manage to see agora in english version as soon as it will come out. :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).