...life can be translucent

Menu

He Tu - The Map of the Universe

votri

visitor
Reaction score
He Tu is the other magic number. To most people, He Tu has been considered as the River Map. This is one of the misunderstanding when translation coming to place. Let 's take a look at the word "He Tu". The correct original word of "He Tu" is "Hà Đồ"
"Hà" is the short word for "Thiên Hà", which means "Heaven" or "Universe"
"Đồ" is the short word for "Bản Đồ" which means "Map"

Putting the 2 words together "Hà Đồ", we have the correct meaning "The Map of the Universe". In the following post, let examine the sequence of these numbers in the "Hà Đồ" and unlock the secret of the universe thru the map of the universe.

HeTu.jpg

H

hmesker

Sources, please

The correct original word of "He Tu" is "Hà Đồ"
Please quote sources where we can check what you say. Just saying "The correct original word of "He Tu" is "Hà Đồ" " will not do if you don't back it up by proper verifiable sources. Thanks.

votri

visitor
Reaction score
The rotation of Ha Do

For easy reference when refering to the dots on the Hà Đồ, let convert the number of dots to the standard number so easy reference

HaDo.gif

UniverseJPEG.jpeg

Most of the galaxy in the universe has the spin or rotation similar to the rotation of Hà Đồ

H

hmesker

Hà Đồ is not a new words in the Iching Community.
I'm not saying that Hà Đồ is 'a new word'. All I'm asking is that when you say that
The correct original word of "He Tu" is "Hà Đồ"
and

"Hà" is the short word for "Thiên Hà", which means "Heaven" or "Universe", "Đồ" is the short word for "Bản Đồ" which means "Map"
you back it up by proper sources and not just present is a plain fact. Where can I check what you say? Reffering to a Vietnamese Wikipedia site with just a picture of the Hetu will not do, just as a link to a Vietnamese book is not sufficient.

I know that tianhe 天河 is the Chinese name for the Milky Way, literally translated 'the Heavenly River'. But who says that the Milky Way is linked to the Hetu? Are there Chinese sources for this assumption? Please state your sources. In the Ten Wings it is said, 河出圖,洛出書: The He river brought forth the map, the Luo River brought forth the book. Which traditionally is seen as the origin of their names. If you believe that this phrase is incorrect, then please explain why, instead of just saying something which we have to accept as a fact without knowing the background of it.

votri

visitor
Reaction score
I know that tianhe 天河 is the Chinese name for the Milky Way, literally translated 'the Heavenly River'. But who says that the Milky Way is linked to the Hetu? Are there Chinese sources for this assumption? Please state your sources.

In the future if I ran thru a website that contains these facts, I will provide you the link to that source. The reason for providing the source is to prove the fact. That's what I am proposing or wanting to write the relationship between the He Tu (Ha Do) & the universe.

I am confuse. Do you want to know the new facts (findings) or the just want the source of the facts? If you just want to sources, I can google the net to get more information about HeTu. My question to you is you want me to search the net to gather more source on He Tu (Ha Do) or you have enough information about He Tu to conclude your quest for knowledge. If you are satisfied with your current knowledge, I will be more than happy to stop writing so I won't cause any confusion the readers about the current understanding of He Tu.

The only originial source of Ha Do is the drawing of the Ha Do. The rest of information on the net & books came from the thoughts and understanding of the drawing. Sometime we learn things from the old phrases or old books, and sometime we learn new things thru the members at this community. If you don't trust VoTri, then there is nothing wrong with that. I am not asking you to accept the fact. Just read the post as if you just buy a new book from a new author. If the info is not sound or just doesn't make any senses, then just treat that info as junk.

VoTri
ps: Is there any info on the net / books describe the relationship between the He Tu (Ha Do) & the universe?

J

jesed

The fact.. by the way, is that new Hubble's pictures show that the traditional image and understanding of our galaxy is wrong. Our galaxy doesn't even belong to the Via Lactea!!!

The fact is the He Tu doesn't has the shape of the galaxys (spin), but it has a square shape. You needed to re-shape it in roder to fit your conclusion.

Best

H

hmesker

In the future if I ran thru a website that contains these facts, I will provide you the link to that source. The reason for providing the source is to prove the fact.
Exactly.

I am confuse. Do you want to know the new facts (findings) or the just want the source of the facts?
I would like to see the sources of the statements that you present as facts.

If you just want to sources, I can google the net to get more information about HeTu. My question to you is you want me to search the net to gather more source on He Tu (Ha Do) or you have enough information about He Tu to conclude your quest for knowledge.
I don't need to know more about the Hetu, but I would like to see your sources for your statement that

"Hà" is the short word for "Thiên Hà", which means "Heaven" or "Universe", "Đồ" is the short word for "Bản Đồ" which means "Map"
That's all I'm asking.

If you are satisfied with your current knowledge, I will be more than happy to stop writing so I won't cause any confusion the readers about the current understanding of He Tu.
Que? I don't understand. All I'm asking is sources for what you are saying.

I wonder why you are having problems with me asking for sources. I mean, a little search on internet gives at least one source for your statement: the book From Deluge to Discourse: Myth, History, and the Generation of Chinese Fiction by Deborah Lynn Porter. If you go to this book in Google Books and skip to page 36, you will read how the Hetu is linked to the Milky Way. You would need to read the complete chapter to understand her view, but at least it is a start. The material looks interesting so I ordered the book.

But it should not be necessary for me to look for the sources for your statements. You should be able to provide these yourself.

If you don't trust VoTri, then there is nothing wrong with that. I am not asking you to accept the fact. Just read the post as if you just buy a new book from a new author. If the info is not sound or just doesn't make any senses, then just treat that info as junk.
That would make it easy for you, but it doesn't work that way. You make a statement, so it is up to you to motivate and substantiate that statement. If you give your sources I can at least determine where you get it from. It is not important whether I agree or disagree with you, that is not the point here.

You can also say, "I don't know where I got it from. I just remember it as such". That's also a source.

votri

visitor
Reaction score
Hmesker,

The best source for my quest of understanding He Tu is the drawing. Is that hard for you to believe? Couple days ago, I was motivated to write the secret of the numbers in the Hetu drawing. Now that motivation is gone.

After ten years looking at HeTu drawing, I understand things that no other books has dare to consider. I still remembered the first time that I saw HeTu. I saw that Yin represent the odd number and Yang represents the even numbers. I was so puzzle because the logic had contradicted most of the sources out there.

With the drawing of Lo-Shu and HeTu, I start to understand to the Yin-Yang Pakua, the Pre-Heaven Pakua & the Later-Heaven Pakua. Currently the books and old writing have only opened the small part of secrets of HeTu. There are still undiscovered secrets lies within the HeTu. It's more than just random number.

Good luck everyone,
VoTri

Last edited:

votri

visitor
Reaction score
Jesed,
Thanks for your input!
It is just the representation of the spin / rotation. One of the meaning of the number 10 inside the Ha Do represents the 2 rotation of the galaxy, (5+5). The clock-wise spin and the counter-clockwise spin
hadospin.jpg

Despite the rotation of the galaxy, clockwise or counterclockwise, the Ha Do will only spin on the creation cycle.

Vo Tri

H

hmesker

The best source for my quest of understanding He Tu is the drawing. Is that hard for you to believe?
No, but I don't see how that relates to my request for sources.

Couple days ago, I was motivated to write the secret of the numbers in the Hetu drawing. Now that motivation is gone.
Sorry to hear that. I thought a little bit of criticism would lead to improvement of what you write, after all, it is easy to shout something in the air and expect everyone to take it as hard fact without giving them the chance to check what you say. It is harder, but more convincing, if you can back up what you say with reliable sources. Is that hard for you to believe? I wonder why you refuse to mention sources. Or aren't their any?

After ten years looking at HeTu drawing, I understand things that no other books has dare to consider.
I have heard that so many times before. It's a lame excuse, you should still mention your background, your foundation, your starting point, in other words, your sources. Otherwise what you say is just plain fantasy.

I still remembered the first time that I saw HeTu. I saw that Yin represent the odd number and Yang represents the even numbers. I was so puzzle because the logic had contradicted most of the sources out there.
Here you go again. You just say something ridiculous without backing it up. Why do you think that yin represents odd numbers and yang represents even numbers? Tell about it, instead of just saying it.

Currently the books and old writing have only opened the small part of secrets of HeTu. There are still undiscovered secrets lies within the HeTu. It's more than just random number.
Sure. But if you want to tell about it and make it sound acceptable shouldn't just say something - you should also make it possible to check what you say. Otherwise it is just nonsense.

But I think I made my point. It is up to you to boldly go where no man has gone before - to stay in galaxy phrasing.

votri

visitor
Reaction score
hmesker,

It's a lame excuse ...
You just say something ridiculous ...
Otherwise it is just nonsense ...
to stay in galaxy phrasing.

Wow! That's some "Harsh" words. We are professional. Let's respect the forum and leave out the "harsh" words when making comments.

First, the data that I have posted are my thoughts when looking at the He Tu. It should not be considered as "FACTS". I have never said it is the "facts" and never will. I have a lot of respect with the members of this forum, therefore I didn't explain the details my thought. If I did that, then that is the same as treating the readers as kids. Once in a while, I run to others with the same thoughts, I am more than happy to exchange ideas & knowledge. For others like you that have a different opinions, I respect your stands & thoughts.

Maybe this is not the right time for HeTu discussion. Just treat my thoughts as only my thoughts. No more and no less.

VoTri

H

hmesker

Wow! That's some "Harsh" words. We are professional.
It is not professional to avoid the issues that I mention. You simply ignore what I say, and you only focus on how I say it, instead of what I am saying. Sometimes harsh words are necessary, like a kick in the butt.

Let's respect the forum and leave out the "harsh" words when making comments.
A forum deserves no respect, but its members do. So respect the members and answer the member's questions.

First, the data that I have posted are my thoughts when looking at the He Tu. It should not be considered as "FACTS". I have never said it is the "facts" and never will.
I know you didn't say that, but you did imply it by deliberately avoiding mentioning your sources. Now I understand that there aren't any. No problem, but just say that instead of beating around the bush.

I have a lot of respect with the members of this forum, therefore I didn't explain the details my thought. If I did that, then that is the same as treating the readers as kids.
I believe you are doing just that when you don't back up what you say. What you did in your very first message was similar to saying that the moon is made of cheese. If I started a thread with only that sentence, do you believe the readers would buy it? Of course not, yet you are doing the same.

For others like you that have a different opinions, I respect your stands & thoughts.
I don't know where you get the idea from that I have 'different opinions'. All I did was ask for backup of what you say.

Maybe this is not the right time for HeTu discussion. Just treat my thoughts as only my thoughts. No more and no less.
Ok, will do that. Nevertheless it's a pity that there are no sources. :rofl:

J

jesed

I have a lot of respect with the members of this forum, therefore I didn't explain the details my thought.

If you think "to explain your ideas" implies "lack of respect"...well, then I can see how you think yin represents odd numbers and yang represents even numbers :D

BTW: The "5 elements" is not part of the original HeTu drawing; once again, you need to "add" something external to fit your idea.

Best

votri

visitor
Reaction score
Nevertheless it's a pity that there are no sources

The sources are the He Tu drawing and VoTri. It is a pity that you can't accept those sources. Everything I have posted I definitely can provide the solid evidents and proofs thru examples and explanation.

OK! let's take a step back and retrace our conversation. Your first question was "Ha Do". The drawing have many names and meaning. Chinese called it "He Tu". Vietnamse called it "Ha Do". English translation is "River Map". In Vietnamese, the term "Ha Do" means "heaven map". That's a direct translation. The source: either take my work or try to ask other Vietnamse in many Vietnamse forum on the net or look up the dictionary.
Three sources: pick one. That's all that I can recommend.

Second: I have posted that:
"Yin represent the odd number and Yang represents the even numbers."
Your replied by saying: "... Here you go again. You just say something ridiculous without backing it up."

Before I respond or explain my stands, I just want to get more clarification on your thought.
- Why do you think that is ridiculous ?
- Is it my thought is opposite to what you have learned and you can't accept any thing other than that ?
- Is it that the old phrase say that: "
Heaven takes 1 and gave birth to Water.
Earth takes 2 and gave birth to Fire.
Heaven takes 3 and gave birth to Wood.
Earth takes 4 and gave birth to Metal ..."
so Heaven means Yang and Earth means Yin therefore Yang is odd and Yin is even ?
- Is it that I just post my statement and haven't had a chance to explain the reason (because it is outside this topic), therefore it is ridiculous ?

If you want me to respect you, then show me your knowledge. Prove to me that
"Yin represent the odd number and Yang represents the even numbers." is wrong by facts not sources (only if that source contains the fact or proof). I will more than happy to explain my thoughts on any of my statements. The worst senario is that I learn something new, and that's a good thing to have.

To give you a head start, I draw this picture of us to discuss. Using the current sources on the books / net (notice, this is opposite of my thought), as "Yin represent the even number and Yang represents the odd numbers." or Yin (broken line) as even and Yang (solid line) as odd
yinevenyangodd.jpg

Are you agree with this or not ? Let's have some fun.

VoTri

Last edited:

robertluoshu

visitor
Reaction score
The Luo Shu and the Universe

Greetings Votri,

Please feel free to share your insights on the drawing of the He Tu.

The concept of rotation/spin is quite possible in connection with the He Tu. I consider the He Tu the same as the Luo Shu, but I confess I know very little about the He Tu and how its numbers rotate into the Luo Shu.

However, I do know that the Luo Shu is a two dimensional mapping of a torus, which is a three dimensional geometric shape similar to a doughnut.

Many people have compared the shape of the universe to a torus. And the torus shape has significant technological uses, see link:

http://rodin.freelancepartnership.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=31

The Luo Shu has always been thought of as a model of Time and Space (Marcel Granet, Marie von Franz). It has been used as a ground plan for the design of ancient Chinese temples and cities as the early Chinese believed the Luo Shu was presented to humankind from Heaven.

Simply put, the Luo Shu represented the cosmology of the early Chinese ( see Cammann, Berglund). The odd numbers of the Luo Shu represent Heaven (male,yang) and the even numbers represent Earth (female,yin)(Brent Nielsen, A Companion To The Yi Jing Numerology and Coosmology 2003)

cruciformandmagicsquarewithYa.jpg

The fact that the cruciform shape represents the odd numbers, or Heaven, is an extremely significant fact as this cruciform "ya" shape is incorporated into the Chinese TLV Bronze mirror, jade bi disc, tombs of the royal family, and temple design.(see Schinz, The Magic Square 1996 and Lars Berglund Secret of the Luo Shu)

The Ya shape can also correspond with the quincunx ground plan design of early Byznatine churches and was commonly used in early Christian iconography.

As the Luo Shu corresponds to Time (the numbers of the calendar, gnomon) and Space (Pythagorean triples occur in every Luo Shu Magic Square), the "ya" shape is a math symbol. The early Chinese believed that the Math of the gnomon and the Luo Shu could help to establish order and bring prosperity to humankind.

The proposed idea was that He Tu or Ha Do means "Map of the Universe" does not seem unreasonable considering how significant the Luo Shu was to the early Chinese. It is possible that the higher order magic squares in the Luo Shu format were used in prognostication, or divining the future.

Math and the numerology of the Luo Shu were the basis of Chinese cosmology and the Chinese believed that Heaven presented this information to Humankind.

It can not be emphasized how important it is to be able to provide sources to confirm statements of fact in order to have a provocative and deep discussion. Our objective is to evolve through learning and experience; therefore, having information that can be confirmed or debated intelligently helps to minimize conjecture and seperate opinion from accepted observations.

robertluoshu, www.luo-shu.com

frank_r

visitor
Reaction score
However, I do know that the Luo Shu is a two dimensional mapping of a torus, which is a three dimensional geometric shape similar to a doughnut.

robertluoshu, www.luo-shu.com

Hello Robert,

Never looked at the Lo Shu this way, very interesting.
Dan Winter also looks at the human heart this way. http://caltek.net/dan/connectivity/phibiz/sbheart1.html
I'm still thinking about some things you said about the 3-6-9 and also the site you gave about this rodin coil torus. Still studying this.

And Votri,

Yes some very interesting material you have here.
For me it is still confusing.
So I would like to ask you what can you tell about the numbers.
Why do you put the numbers in like this? What is the idea and reason behind this?
Not the numbers of the He Tu itself but the numbers on the sides.
What can you do in a practical way with the He Tu?

All the best Frank

votri

visitor
Reaction score
robertluoshu,

I went to your site. You do have some interesting info at that site. Impressive. Lo-Shu plays a very important role in our daily life. As for the info on your site, I agree to most of the info. For some of the info, I do have some doubts about them. Althought those info are not wrong, I personally think that they are more situable with HeTu instead of LoShu.

Maybe after Christmas when the holiday shoppings are done and I have more free time, I want to spend sometime re-visiting your site. Hopefully, we can spend sometime discussing about some of the info thru private email discussion.

Happy Holidays,
VoTri

votri

visitor
Reaction score
Frank_r,

Ha Do numbers contain many meaning and can be used for multiple purposes. The fundamental sequence of Ha Do is:

5 + 1 = 6
5 + 2 = 7
5 + 3 = 8
5 + 4 = 9
5 + 5 = 10

The sum of the odd number => 1 + 3 + 5 + 7 = 25
The sum of the even number=> 2 + 4 + 6 + 8 + 10 = 30

I will discuss the important of these number in later chapter. For now, let's see how ancient astrologer had used Ha Do in pre-heaven pakua and applied to the 4 season of the years.

hadottbq.jpg

VoTri

robertluoshu

visitor
Reaction score
The Luo Shu and the Torus

Hello Frank R.,

Nice to hear from you.

This is an interesting site you recommend. I am amazed at the theoretical, anatomical, and practical uses of the torus geometry.

The more one researches the Luo Shu the more fascinating it becomes, as I am sure is true of the He Tu, Yi Jing, and the rest.

The mythology of the early Chinese that believed the Luo Shu was presented to Humankind from Heaven also supports the theory that the torus shape is a gift from Heaven that can help humankind to evolve and prosper.

Modern technological application of this geometric design is proving this theory to be correct. The torus shape has proved to be the design of choice for electrical conductivity as this shape offers the least resistance and highest effeciency.

The fact that the human heart may also incorporate this geometric design does not surprise as we are electro-chemical beings that depend on the effecient transfer of energy (in the form of charged chemical compounds) through our cell walls. This constant vortex of life force movement may best operate in a toric enviroment.

Now for some coffee and doughnuts. :D

robertluoshu at www.luo-shu.com

frank_r

visitor
Reaction score
Frank_r,

Ha Do numbers contain many meaning and can be used for multiple purposes. The fundamental sequence of Ha Do is:

5 + 1 = 6
5 + 2 = 7
5 + 3 = 8
5 + 4 = 9
5 + 5 = 10

The sum of the odd number => 1 + 3 + 5 + 7 = 25
The sum of the even number=> 2 + 4 + 6 + 8 + 10 = 30

I will discuss the important of these number in later chapter. For now, let's see how ancient astrologer had used Ha Do in pre-heaven pakua and applied to the 4 season of the years.

hadottbq.jpg

VoTri

Votri,

Thanks for explaining, I'm starting to understand the first picture. At least the logic behind the numbers. Please explaine further.

I'm seeing that you use yang below yin on top (young yang) for spring and yang on top en yin below for fall(young yin) . This is of course a totally new topic and I know that a lot of people do it this way but personally(and a lot of others do also) use the duograms the other way around. Lise wrote a interesting article about this. http://www.yijing.nl/i_ching/trigrams/archetypes.htm

Frank

votri

visitor
Reaction score
Frank,

Take a look at the first picture on the link at Lise site.
http://www.yijing.nl/i_ching/trigrams/archetypes.htm

Do you see the father son & mother daughter ?
Now place the Ha Do number (using the picture on my last post) on the father son & mother daughter sides.
- On the father side (yang), is the number odd or even ?
- On the mother side (yin), is the number odd or even ?

Now tell me is my logic too far out there that it is hard to accept ?

VoTri

Last edited:

votri

visitor
Reaction score
Personal thought,

After reading all of my previous posts, I feel so bad. In the beginning, I just want to write the secret of Ha Do. I never meant to dis-credit anybody works. That's the reason why when I have said that
I have a lot of respect with the members of this forum, therefore I didn't explain the details my thought.

Maybe I should stop writing, because the more I write, the more disrespect I shall cause

I am deeply sorry for any bad feelings that I have caused,
VoTri

pantherpanther

visitor
Reaction score
Hmesker,

The best source for my quest of understanding He Tu is the drawing. Is that hard for you to believe? Couple days ago, I was motivated to write the secret of the numbers in the Hetu drawing. Now that motivation is gone.

After ten years looking at HeTu drawing, I understand things that no other books has dare to consider. I still remembered the first time that I saw HeTu. I saw that Yin represent the odd number and Yang represents the even numbers. I was so puzzle because the logic had contradicted most of the sources out there.

With the drawing of Lo-Shu and HeTu, I start to understand to the Yin-Yang Pakua, the Pre-Heaven Pakua & the Later-Heaven Pakua. Currently the books and old writing have only opened the small part ofs ecrets of HeTu. There are still undiscovered secrets lies within the HeTu. It's more than just random number.

Good luck everyone,
VoTri

Votri,

In the oral tradition , the numbers 1 through 5 in theHe Tu - Dragon chart represent the
formless stage of primal energy generation known as Early Heaven, the numbers 5 through 9 the cycle of qi manifesting in the physical plane or Later Heaven. The number 10 (sharing the center with number 5) is the number of completion.

This correlates with the Sigil of Saturn in Qaballah.

The Dragon diagram's partner , the Luoshu ( “Turtle Writing”) is perhaps the oldest magic square diagram known . It has nine numbers shown as similar dots, in which the three numbers of any line add up to fifteen. This chart was used to generate calendrical calculations for daily, seasonal and annual cycles.( It was used to lay out the plan of the Emperor’s private temple, known in the Han Dynasty (3rd cen. b.c.) as the Ming Tang or 9 Halls Palace plan - Schuyler Cammann, Magic Squareof Three,1960).

The interaction of the two mandalas was represented in popular culture by the image of a snake coiled on a turtle’s back. The coiled snake may have been the spiraling number sequences of the Dragon Writing imposed on the geometric patterns of the Turtle Chart’s shell.

These number diagrams were converted into the Early Heaven and Later Heaven sets of eight trigrams of the I Ching . The two cosmic number diagrams and their two trigram successors , the Fu Xi and King Wen arrangements constitute a common basis for various areas of Chinese culture - as philosophy, divination, astrology, feng shui, medicine,calendrical calculation, political rulership, military strategy, martial arts,music and alchemical meditation.

The Five Phase and Yin-Yang musical principles ,which divides out into eight tone trigrams includes both cosmic number diagrams. Daoist alchemists added the energy channels in the body and the higher frequencies of the vital organs that relate by harmonic resonance biological, psychological, and spiritual functions. Each level is a higher octave of yin-yang tonal forces of spirit and substance, which successively yield a third tone, which they call the " child" or inner sage. Sound is important for inner cultivation as is movement -inner and/or outer . There are Chinese trained to use qi gong to sing notes from different parts of their body. Christian monks have similar practices.

votri

visitor
Reaction score
Votri,

In the oral tradition , the numbers 1 through 5 in theHe Tu - Dragon chart represent the
formless stage of primal energy generation known as Early Heaven, the numbers 5 through 9 the cycle of qi manifesting in the physical plane or Later Heaven. The number 10 (sharing the center with number 5) is the number of completion.

Pantherpanther,

Some of the oldest phrases that has been recored for the number of He Tu are:

Thiên (heaven) nhất (1) sinh (give birth) Thủy (water), địa (earth) Lục (6) thành (create) chi (energy)
Địa (earth) nhị (2) sinh (give birth) Hỏa (fire), thiên (heaven) thất (7) thành (create) chi (energy)
Thiên (heaven) tam (3) sinh (give birth) Mộc (wood), địa (earth) bát (8) thành (create) chi (energy)
Địa (earth) tứ (4) sinh (give birth) Kim (metal), thiên (heaven) cửu (9) thành (create) chi (energy)
Thiên (heaven) ngũ (5) sinh (give birth) Thổ (earth), địa (earth) thập (10) thành (create) chi (energy)

From these phrases, some display Ha Do numbers as the following figure

hadoenglish.jpg

When I have more free time, I will explain the planetary map hidden inside these Ha Do Numbers.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).