...life can be translucent

Menu

Move back home? 39.3>8

youngmaid

visitor
Reaction score
Life's been tough recently. Full of obstacles, no progress, rejection, rejection, poverty, hunger, worry.

I live in a foreign country. I moved away two years ago to get a degree and pursue a career in publishing. I got a job in publishing, but they don't pay me much of anything and I'm constantly struggling. I haven't been able to see my family or friends in my hometown since I came here to study years ago. No one has any money for my ticket and unfortunately I don't have money for my own. It's been tough. I love and miss them. At the same time I want to be successful. I want to one day earn enough money to buy my parents a house and to end everyone's doom... but am I in the right place to do that?

My bosses at my job that doesn't pay me much of anything have not honored my last invoice yet. We're on a regular two-week schedule, but this time around they are six days late. And, I'm totally broke and upset and just feeling all kinds of screwed! I'm so poor already, I can't even bear one day late, but six?! WHOA, it's terrible.

Recently, lots of friends and relatives and people whom I love and admire so much have gotten in touch with me online: friends from junior high, high school, college, cousins--it's uncanny. Getting back in touch with them provided me with a renewed vigor: they're all so awesome! I'm so blessed to have them in my life and so honored that they thought about me! But, they're all in my hometown, way too far to hug, or to hang out with.

My mom has been experiencing health problems recently. I'm scared, even though she says it's nothing. She also has this great business idea that she could really take off with. But she's depressed and she's missing me and I think I'm her impetus. We're best friends, like, soulmates, so I know she's hurting while I'm away.

I threw the coins asking: OK, it's clear I'm failing here and nothing is going to work out; should I move back to my hometown or stay put here and keep trying?

I got 39.3>8.

Then, my I Ching book asks me to throw again when I receive hexa 8, so I asked for clarity and I got 37 "Family".

WHOA, this is pretty clear. I've got lots of obligations, both here and back home. I need to wrap up what I'm doing here and handle stuff before I can move back home. I live in a foreign country, it's not going to be easy getting back. I live with my boyfriend here and I need to find a way to earn more money while I'm here so that I can facilitate my way back.

What should I do?

Thank you for reading this and for your help.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I threw the coins asking: OK, it's clear I'm failing here and nothing is going to work out; should I move back to my hometown or stay put here and keep trying?

I got 39.3>8.

Go home to your family as not only will it save you further hardships but they all want to see you again.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
There is No Place Like Home

I got 39.3>8.

Then, my I Ching book asks me to throw again when I receive hexa 8, so I asked for clarity and I got 37 "Family".

WHOA, this is pretty clear. I've got lots of obligations, both here and back home. I need to wrap up what I'm doing here and handle stuff before I can move back home. I live in a foreign country, it's not going to be easy getting back. I live with my boyfriend here and I need to find a way to earn more money while I'm here so that I can facilitate my way back.
The reading points to your Difficulties, Limping, H39. It suggests finding a different direction, a different support, instead of trudging onward. Line 3 reinforces the idea that going on leads to difficulties, and coming back is a "turnaround" towards practical support and allies.

First, you must "turn around" your thinking. Instead of focusing on career, and moving forward, focus on getting temp employment, work two jobs, etc, and save money to prepare to return. Focus on how to return and turn around, and not on how to go forward on career.

One thought...you told Yi that you are failing and you give up, and it gave you this advice. It sounds like you are weary and want to return home. There is no shame in this. But I believe that Yi is responding to your own conclusion, not giving you advice.

Tiger

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that line 39.3 is giving her very clear practical advice as regards her question. For her to carry on struggling is dangerous, in the fact that her hardships could get dramatically worse, so it is advising her not to keep fighting a pointless battle, capitulate now and return home where she will be welcomed and helped.

While Hex 8 suggests that she needs to get going and quickly before something nasty hits the fan and then she won't be in any position to go. It is family that hold together.

youngmaid

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Willowfox and Tiger,

Thank you so much for your interpretations of my reading. As always, they're so helpful!

I am definitely enacting a plan to get myself back to the States, to my mom, to my family and friends and to my home.

It's clear: staying here will only occlude success. And, my reservoirs of internal strength are swiftly depleting. So, the only alternative would be to go home, where love and warmth is reciprocated and where communion with my brethren would be beneficial for everyone involved.

I'm very excited! I feel liberated and I can't wait to skip around with my friends and family again, and with my community.

So, I'm going to do as you said Tiger and find ways to earn as much money as possible to get myself home: two jobs, temping, whatever, forget career, I can pick that up when I'm back home.

Willowfox, you're right. Family is all. My parents are getting up in their years, I am too (even though I still have a decade of raging good youth left) and they need me and I need them. I've got to do my part and play my role as a daughter and be there for them.

I'm on the verge of serious tears of joy! Thanks again for all of your help!

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It s a pity she left the forum, I get passionate about people s stories and would like to know the end as in a good film :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).