...life can be translucent

Menu

61.2 A professional issue

chirimiskuay

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all

I asked this question: "What would success looks like for me" Got 61.2 > 42

I am well aware that the answer to this question won't give me a detailed plan on how to achieve that potential success, but it can perhaps help me discover what aspects of myself could, if I develop them, lead me in its direction. It is a professional issue in a broad sense. I am currently unemployed, and I feel today like a blank sheet where many things could be drawn. It means that there are as many chances that I end up like a hiccuped baby drawing or a Rembrandt's one.

My first thought after reading several posts here about 61.2 42 was that my question was too general to help me in anyway at the present moment. But well, it isn't a problem as I know that although I would like some concrete action in my life now, I'll better begin with a general picture from where I can descent progressively towards the day to day action.

But then, as I tried to write down my understanding of the hexs, it strikes me that it could well describes a dream I have since a few years and that I have been trying to bring to reality all along year 2009 without success.

My dream is to become a journalist. Not just a plain journalist, but one that has the freedom to speak freely on delicate matters, bringing different truth to the readers/listeners than the one unique truth we get day after day from our medias (here in switzerland). You'll understand that this is really only a dream as I don't even have an appropriate formation.

I am not too old for running after a dream, but I am too old for running for years after an unreachable dream... So what is your opinion? How would you understand these hex?

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Inner Truth and Providing Safety for the Young

But then, as I tried to write down my understanding of the hexs, it strikes me that it could well describes a dream I have since a few years and that I have been trying to bring to reality all along year 2009 without success.

My dream is to become a journalist. Not just a plain journalist, but one that has the freedom to speak freely on delicate matters, bringing different truth to the readers/listeners than the one unique truth we get day after day from our medias (here in switzerland). You'll understand that this is really only a dream as I don't even have an appropriate formation.

I am not too old for running after a dream, but I am too old for running for years after an unreachable dream... So what is your opinion? How would you understand these hex?
It seems that Yi gave you a very sweet answer...Success would look like you centered in Sincerity and Inner Truth, being someone others can have Confidence in. Particularly line 2 has to do with the empathic connection of someone helping young ones to safety.

To be in this state is a Blessing or Increase (H42).

So this description sounds very much like what you want...

One "buzz-killer" comment; Yi has described your dream but did not tell you how to achieve it, how long it would take, or even whether it is practical. You did ask Yi what success would look like for you, and Yi did describe it. I think that means it is an achievable dream, or Yi would not describe it, but I would want to ask next what steps are required to reach this dream.

Tiger

elvis

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi all

<snip>

Focusing on the question asked and your other comments, you appear to be focused in a context covering issues of self-restraint/blocked and guidance(sense of direction) - these are represented in the I Ching in the form of base trigrams of mountain and fire.

Read through the hexagrams with these bases and see which one resonates the best with your situation.

Mountain:

15, 52, 39, 53, 62, 56, 31, 33

Fire:

36, 22, 63, 37, 55, 30, 49, 13

chirimiskuay

visitor
Reaction score

I think that means it is an achievable dream, or Yi would not describe it, but I would want to ask next what steps are required to reach this dream.

Thank you Tiger for answering

That's my next question ;) Because I know this hex could describe many other situations. But among these other situations, none are my dream.

Anyway, it seems like you said that it's a quite positive answer.

chirimiskuay

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Elvis

That's a difficult question.

At first sight, I would say that 39 could quite well describe my situation.

But then, I found a book I bought years ago (Sam Reifler) and reading through the interpretations I realised that many of these hexagrams could apply to my situation, describing part of it or some aspects of myself that I could make partly responsible for me being in this situation: 15, 53, 56, 36.

But I am really new in this I Ching and still asking others for better understanding. Could you tell me more, Elvis? Why this questioning on Mountain and Fire?

elvis

(deceased)
Reaction score
My particular focus was on identifying the situation that got you to ask the question in the first place. The nature of your question, together with your other prose indicated a generic focus on issues covering hexagrams with mountain or fire as their base trigrams.

If you like you can use the EIC program (bottom of the website homepage) to come up with a specific hexagram fitting the situation. From there one can identify where the situation will develop and whether to 'go with the flow' or else take some action to either assert your will over the situation or else to move on.

All of that said, if you feel that 39 is representative of your current situation then the outcome/purpose of 39 is described by analogy to the characteristics of hexagram 24.

39 covers 'standing up to the mindless flow' but it also contains the property of bypassing obstructions by going with the flow.

The 24 outcome means from a positive light this obstruction focus establishes a beginning. There will be many distractions/temptations along the way but 'perseverance furthers'. IOW the purpose of obstructing is to establish a beginning, the future starts HERE and NOW, a particular, a focus.

From a negative light you are back where you started and as such just repeating the 'same old stuff'. IOW the flow element present in 39 includes repetitive flow that does not develop, one is caught in a loop or even trapped by the intensity of the flow.

The emphasis on 'obstruction' covers establishment of integrity and so of a good reputation for letting the 'crap' pass you by. At the same time the opposite applies in that you have the skills to bypass obstructions, to get around any barriers placed in your way and so get to the story behind the story.

Any success you have will stem from the position you take.

39 - with self-restraint comes control.
24 - with enlightenment comes absolute trust in another/others.

M

meng

I am well aware that the answer to this question won't give me a detailed plan on how to achieve that potential success, but it can perhaps help me discover what aspects of myself could, if I develop them, lead me in its direction. It is a professional issue in a broad sense. I am currently unemployed, and I feel today like a blank sheet where many things could be drawn. It means that there are as many chances that I end up like a hiccuped baby drawing or a Rembrandt's one.

My first thought after reading several posts here about 61.2 42 was that my question was too general to help me in anyway at the present moment. But well, it isn't a problem as I know that although I would like some concrete action in my life now, I'll better begin with a general picture from where I can descent progressively towards the day to day action.

Wow, what a great reading, and your reflection on it too. I think Yi's answer is stunning.

I see it as aligning your vision with this reality, so that they are communicating to one another, and their message is one of increase. You talk yourself into what you get. :mischief:

M

meng

By the way, you are very fortunate to have a vision to pursue, where the pursuit is itself increase. How to make it realistically achievable is a matter of profitable communication between your senses. Ya know, compromises, alchemy, developing strengths, managing weaknesses; all those things a junzi's suppose to attend to. The dirty details of realizing a dream. I believe there's two mistakes. One is seeing only one side. The other is seeing only the other side.

chirimiskuay

visitor
Reaction score
My particular focus was on identifying the situation that got you to ask the question in the first place. The nature of your question, together with your other prose indicated a generic focus on issues covering hexagrams with mountain or fire as their base trigrams.

If you like you can use the EIC program (bottom of the website homepage) to come up with a specific hexagram fitting the situation. From there one can identify where the situation will develop and whether to 'go with the flow' or else take some action to either assert your will over the situation or else to move on.

Ok that's interesting. I'll have to have a closer look at it tho. Thanks for the insight Elvis

chirimiskuay

visitor
Reaction score
By the way, you are very fortunate to have a vision to pursue, where the pursuit is itself increase. How to make it realistically achievable is a matter of profitable communication between your senses. Ya know, compromises, alchemy, developing strengths, managing weaknesses; all those things a junzi's suppose to attend to. The dirty details of realizing a dream. I believe there's two mistakes. One is seeing only one side. The other is seeing only the other side.

You're as cryptic as the IC^^

You know, it's weird to get such a "stunning" answer when in my situation (which is quite dull and blocked). I'll have to ask IC for step by step advises.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).