...life can be translucent

Menu

61.2>42 & the universe

rhodia

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have asked the i-ching: what does the universe have to tell me in this moment?

There have been many recent changes/transitions in my life this year, some of which I deliberated (graduate school, moving to a new state, breaking up with my long-term partner) and some of which (family death, accidents etc) are happening around me.

From what I understand, this is seems to be telling me to focus on inner truth and the oneness of the world around me. I recently posted about my recent break-up with my long-term partner and I am interested if there may be any correlation, in other words, to continue to seek inner truths?

Any help/insights would be very appreciated!

Here is my other post for background:
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=10009

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Line 61.2 is about calling or reaching out to "others" in friendship and goodwill, the need to be sincere and honest with them. So, what you say to them now will influence them strongly in your favour.

Hex 42 Again the need to call, to reach out but to also make changes to show them that you now truly repented.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Rhodia

Now this is what I call a lovely question, something about the nature of the universe. Hexagram 61 and especially line 2 indicate that it is the nature of the universe to bring together those who belong together, not just on the physical level but on all levels. I wish I still had my writeup on hexagram 61. I had a lot of information that I have now forgotten. But look at the beautiful commentary on this line. "Where there is a joyous mood there a comrad will appear to share a glass of wine." We attract others who have a nature that corresponds with ours. They say that opposites attract, and on one level that is true, but in the realm of spirit like attracts like, and if we want to attract the right people we have to have the right attitude. By the laws of correspondence the 2nd line and the 5 do not match, but they rather have a correlation of like mindedness. They are both yang. Therefore they are of like kind. So this hexagram while it certainly can relate to male and female relationships, really corresponds to hearts that are likeminded. This is a law of nature. It is not arbitrary. We attract people who are like us. We attract people whom we have a certain karma with. We attract people who have an affinity with ourselves. Here also is another key, although I could write a somewhat lengthy commentary on every line and every sentence in the commentary. "Any deliberate intention of an effect would only destroy the possilbility of producing it." When we consciously attempt to do something, we interfere with the natural impulses of the heart. Along with this line we could study hexagram 25 for a related discussion. It is not by conscious intent that we accomplish things, it is when we follow the impulses of the heart.

Now, a related commentary is found in hexagram 45 line 2. Here it says, "There are secret forces at work, bringing those together who belong together. We must yield to this attraction, then we make no mistakes." When we try to force issues, when we try to do it all ourselves, without alllowing things to just follow out of the heart, we interfere with cosmic forces, which our conscious mind knows nothing about. Hexagram 15 is also related, as the hexagram is about humility in the face of forces that are higher than our conscious mind can know anything about. We must yield to the fact that there are cosmic forces at work at all times in our lives, and if we live joyously, and with humility, we align ourselves with those forces.

I have been told recently that the latest scientific studies show that contrary to centuries of opinion, the heart actually gives orders to the brain, not the other way around. Hexagram 61 is pregnant with deeper and deeper meaning which for the most part we cannot begin to fathom.

Gene

themis

visitor
Reaction score
Such a beautiful Hex line.

For ancient Egyptians the heart was considered the centre of intelligence, emotion, spiritual
consciousness; hence it was left in the body during mummification and if removed inadvertently
it was sewn back into place.

gato

visitor
Reaction score
i think it tells you to just listen to it . ( relax maybe ? )

knotxx

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I really can hardly imagine a more beautiful answer to that question. The universe is hiding with something lovely in its hands, and is calling you to come to share it.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).