...life can be translucent

Menu

Relationship question

tfoodie

visitor
Reaction score
As my divorce gets finalized, an internet relationship seems to be going well. Following Jesed's advice, I asked the following questions:

General diagnosis of the situtaion between V and I : 54.1.3 -> 32
what is my position in my relationship with V: 42.3.6 -> 63
what is V's position in our relationship: 32.1.5 -> 43
What should I do related to the relationship between V and I: 41.6 -> 19
Please give me an image of the future situation of the relationship between V and I in the next 3 months: 25.6 -> 17

The only one I do understand is 41.6: seems to indicate that I need to be giving but not of myself.

Any help or insights. Appreciated.

::bows::

TF

kenji b

visitor
Reaction score
I don't really think I have enough experience with the I Ching to tell you what to do but I just want to point out something.
You're asking about the future.

Please give me an image of the future situation of the relationship between V and I in the next 3 months: 25.6 -> 17

The I Ching can't predict the future for you(as far as I know:D).
Why don't you ask about the state of your relationship with this person today?

gene

visitor
Reaction score
tfoodie

Based on these readings I would suggest a friendship is not ready to become a full blown relationship yet. Hexagram 54 indicates to me there is something you are taking a back seat to. i am not sure what it is The commentary on line three says, "He/she enters a situation not entirely compatible with self esteem." This makes me feel there is something beneath the surface here that is not obvious yet.

When asking about V's position line 1 says, "Seeking duration too hastily brings misfortune." He might sill be in the "wait and see" category, and you might be too, when you come right down to it. Line 5 tells us that a man cannot "persistently seek to conform to the woman..." In other words, he says his life, (his duty) to fulfill first.

Doesn't mean it is or isn't going to work in the long run, but don't expect things to move quickly or smoothly in the short run.

Gene

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score

This does not bode well for the future, as it suggests that something will go "wrong" in the next 3 months, could be an ending and/or you could hit a major snag of somekind.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
The I Ching can't predict the future for you.

Well, the Chinese seem to have used the I Ching exclusively to predict the future for the past couple of thousand years.

Perhaps they have been wrong all these years and the "whiteman" who only took an interest in it a hundred ago is absolutely correct.

So what's the point of an oracle that doesn't predict the future?

kenji b

visitor
Reaction score

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score

Its an old song that many members sing on this forum.

Would Emperor Lu or Genghis Khan have used the I Ching only for self analysis and for better character assessment? Would nobody in China ever have used it in the past for predicting the future. And does nobody in Asia ever use the I Ching solely for predictions purposes today? So many questions, so little time but the people in the west know more than the Chinese that formulated the I Ching.

So what is the purpose of an oracle that doesn't predict?

kenji b

visitor
Reaction score
What is the purpose of an oracle that doesn't predict?

A great Japanese warrior named Nobunaga decided to attack the enemy although he had only one-tenth the number of men the opposition commanded. He knew that he would win, but his soldiers were in doubt.

On the way he stopped at a Shinto shrine and told his men: "After I visit the shrine I will toss a coin. If heads comes, we will win; if tails, we will lose. Destiny holds us in her hand."

Nobunaga entered the shrine and offered a silent prayer. He came forth and tossed a coin. Heads appeared. His soldiers were so eager to fight that they won their battle easily.

"No one can change the hand of destiny," his attendant told him after the battle.

"Indeed not," said Nobunaga, showing a coin which had been doubled, with heads facing either way.

kenji b

visitor
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed that story.:D
No disrespect intended Willowfox I'm just pointing out my experience with the I Ching.
I never said I was the expert.:p

Hi tfoodie! Sorry to interrupt your thread.
How's it going with your reading?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
No disrespect intended Willowfox I'm just pointing out my experience with the I Ching.
I never said I was the expert.

Don't worry I understand your story and what you were saying. And by the way, are there really any IC experts?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).