...life can be translucent

Menu

fruitful to see great people

knotxx

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
out of the blue I was seized by this question for yi: "what can you tell me about understanding the world through you?" The response was

1.2.5-30

This looks like a pair of glasses to me: one lens the dragon in the field, the other lens the dragon in the heavens, and through this -- well as HIlary writes in her questions for H30, "what do you see? what does it mean?"

So I love this reading and I will be thinking about it and turning it over in my mind for a long, long time. But it has made me realize that I am not very clear on "seeing great people," which is part of both those lines. I know there is the great person within me (in theory), and the great person outside me. What does it mean to SEE this person?
Any thoughts, experiences?

M

meng

I relate with your glasses analogy.

"Seeing" the great, or mature, or superior person/people has a double meaning for me. On one hand, it is seeking, and on the other hand, it is recognizing. I go to see so that I can see. It's like going to see an eye doctor so that I can see more clearly. :D

knotxx

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
oh that's really interesting

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think you're much better off seeing the great person outside yourself, as an exemplar, role model or teacher. This means to get humble and admit there are people who are better at doing some things than you are. That way you grow more. That's probably the route that great persons took.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I "Seeing" the great, or mature, or superior person/people has a double meaning for me. On one hand, it is seeking, and on the other hand, it is recognizing. I go to see so that I can see. It's like going to see an eye doctor so that I can see more clearly. :D

Actually a triple meaning. Jian also means to see in person, to greet or meet with, as in seeing a doctor. Also to observe with the eyes. Also to acknowledge.

knotxx

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
in what sense to acknowledge? To say, "yes: this is a great person"? I actually like the idea of locating the great person outside myself as it makes it a bit easier to understand.

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
hi knot
So I love this reading and I will be thinking about it and turning it over in my mind for a long, long time. But it has made me realize that I am not very clear on "seeing great people," which is part of both those lines. I know there is the great person within me (in theory), and the great person outside me. What does it mean to SEE this person?
Any thoughts, experiences?

Have you seen Avatar yet? ....It's really worth seeing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igjSxrCXsMo

I see you
I see you
Walking through a dream
I see you
My light in darkness breathing hope of new life
Now I live through you and you through me
Enchanting
I pray in my heart that this dream never ends
I see me through your eyes

Living through life flying high
Your life shines the way into paradise
So I offer my life as a sacrifice
I live through your love
You teach me how to see

All that’s beautiful
My senses touch your word I never pictured
Now I give my hope to you
I surrender
I pray in my heart that this world never ends
I see me through your eyes

Namaste
Mike

M

meng

In response to Brad, whose Yi insight I learn from continually. No flattery intended, the commentaries are illuminating, not only in thought but in soul.

What happens when junzi becomes Bodhisattva? In my mind, he's lost everything, and his only choice is to return to junzi. So who is teaching and looking up to whom? Is not junzi God's savior? And where else can a junzi look but within himself?

M

meng

Is not junzi God's savior?

Because I'm aware of how utterly arrogant that sounds, choosing to forgo a "clean release" (re Bradford 34), and because of the shame; the same as I carry when my dog killed a baby bunny while out running, I feel the need to explain.

If a junzi furthers by seeing maturity, does it matter which way the seeing is seen? If either stops seeing, neither will be seen.

Nevertheless, "it is not I who seeks the junzi, the junzi seeks me." But I have to wonder, if my master would become lonely if I were not here to pester with these questions, and try to tempt him foolishly.

Thou shalt not tempt the Lord, your God, sayeth the good book. Well, I can't speak for anyone else's God, but I have ideas about mine, and he/she/it/they are bigger than that. Test me, that I may prove myself, sayeth my Lord.

Anyway, what's a teacher without a student, or a sea without water, a sky without stars, or a mind without questions?

Last edited:

mythili

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I was just wondering about seeing the two trigrams in 1 as inner and outer - so with the two mid lines changing, could one possibly read 1>30 as: use a combination of your heart (1 Line 2) and head (1 Line 5) to see clearly (H30)? When I've gotten these two lines in relationships, thats often what its turned out to be. So just wondering whether one could interpret it this way? Am I way off?

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
i like it. Inner and outer mind. Line 2 is the clerk, line 5 the king. Good to send them on a mission together. Only together they will see everything, each from his own perspective.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).