...life can be translucent

Menu

1 is a powerful hexagram, right? i just got it twice in a row

einhorn

visitor
Reaction score
what is the most important thing to keep in mind when I write x an email to try and get back together?
1.2.3.4 > 42

what will be effective at fixing the relationship between x and me?
26.4.5 > 1

ive never gotten 1 before (ive gotten 2 a few times, tho). i heard its powerful since it's all yang. what do i do?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Be honest and open with X when you write, try to clear up any and all misunderstandings that now exist between you, show how you feel, show that you are a changed man. Make the letter come alive.

Next answer suggests that once the letter is away, then wait until you hear from her, which is sensible enough under the circumstances, as her reply will either be a green or red light. If green, then fire away, if red, then dead.

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
People think it's like getting Yahtzee or Bonus Bingo.
It's just a lot of work is what it is.

Brad you have a delightful way with words and yes hard work has been my experience of Hex one - never got lucky with Bonus Bingo........

Lucia

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
In physics "power" is the process of getting work done. Specifically, it's the rate at which energy is transformed from one form to another. In this sense Gua 1 is about power, but the focus is still on the work that's getting done. Maybe some better words to describe the meaning of 01 in general would be stamina and perseverance, but other aspects are brought up in the lines: patience and restraint at line 1, use of resources outside yourself at line 2, diligence bordering on obsession at line 3, total commitment at line 4, inspiration and higher purpose at line 5, humility and awe at line at line 6. Neither force nor potential are power, because power implies effectiveness, an efficient application of energy. The lessons of the lines increase power because they add to the effectiveness with which we apply our energies.

M

meng

If 1 is only about getting the work done, then what does 2 do, sit around on her ass all day eating chocolates? No, she's the one carrying, giving birth to and nurturing this tangible world.

I'm with the tireless energy, but I don't agree that 1 is about doing work. In fact, I'd go so far as to say 1 does what it does without any effort. It's just what it is: a positive charge.

To me, 1 is first about potentials, potency. There is no effect or actual energy until it's grounded in 2. That's when the work begins. The man and woman are both cast from Eden, and hence the man shall toil, and the woman shall give birth in pain.

M

meng

Just because it applies...

During the last many hours I've been attempting to bias the power output tubes of guitar amplifiers, for the first time. This is way out of my natural aptitude zone, but I was working with fairly idiot proof equipment. There's plenty of stored energy in even these small 15 watt tube powered amps to kill a person; so idiot proof was good.

I did a fair amount of research, and there was given one piece of advice repeatedly, and that was to play pocket pool with one hand at all times while contacting a hot wire with the other - to keep from grounding yourself to the amp chassis by accident, and running all that stored up juice (contained in capacitors, so potentially lethal even when the amp is turned off) , through the body. Up until that point, that power running through me was only potential. Thank goodness.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I. It's just what it is: a positive charge.
To me, 1 is first about potentials, potency. There is no effect or actual energy until it's grounded in 2..

Except that that theory doesn't account for any of the Chinese words used in the text, the Tuan or the Da Xiang, either "the greatest fulfillment rewards persistence" or "the young noble is naturally energetic, without rest." It doesn't explain the glosses or descriptions given in the Wings or the press for the actualization of potentiaI in the Tuan Zhuan. It seems rather to be based on a theory of Yin and Yang that didn't get invented until many centuries later and I believe wrongly require 1 and 2 to be unable to stand alone in a reading.

M

meng

Except that that theory doesn't account for any of the Chinese words used in the text, the Tuan or the Da Xiang, either "the greatest fulfillment rewards persistence" or "the young noble is naturally energetic, without rest." It doesn't explain the glosses or descriptions given in the Wings or the press for the actualization of potentiaI in the Tuan Zhuan. It seems rather to be based on a theory of Yin and Yang that didn't get invented until many centuries later and I believe wrongly require 1 and 2 to be unable to stand alone in a reading.

Perhaps that theory doesn't translate well enough to satisfy you, and I respect that. It reasons well enough for me to be quite convincing.

Yin and yang came way later for me too, long after I observed my mother and father, earth and sky, and lightening. Yin yang is just another way of expressing an original idea.

Tirelessness of 1 comes not from effort. Effort leads to tiresomeness. 1, for me, is that limbless child, that ball of energy, directionless and unceasing. If there is a will in 1, it is to become. And for that, it requires 2. 1 is perhaps the only thing that can stand on its own, albeit alone.

M

meng

"the young noble is naturally energetic, without rest."

1 is that limbless child, that ball of energy, directionless and unceasing.

It depends on how you or I see and determine "the young noble". I see him as preincarnate, where as I think you see him as already a creation, which I can also see, in the likeness of the original, but not the original.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Clarifying H1

Adding to this discussion of Hex One, yesterday I asked Yi, 'Will it be too difficult for me to do such-and-such at my job?" The response was: 1.2 > 13.

1.2 says to seek counsel before acting, doesn't it.

I asked this question because I didn't think I'd have the perseverance, the diligence, the strength, even the will, if there was endless complicated detail work involved. Also in doubt were my stamina and whether or not I could be effective. Total yang is said to represent tireless effort and ceaseless activity; tirelessness.

However, when I got 1.2, Yi was telling me that irrespective of any qualities I thought I lacked, the most important thing was that I lacked the know-how to get this job done.

So, maybe that clarifies what Bradford was saying about getting the work done. Bradford, your formulation is so succinct!

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
what is the most important thing to keep in mind when I write x an email to try and get back together?
1.2.3.4 > 42

Yi seems to be saying: 'Regarding whether or not you can be effective in writing this email, Einhorn, this is what you need to know: (1) seek expert guidance, because there's something you need to know before proceeding; (2) become more balanced; don't be crazy; and (3) even though there is no right way or wrong way, you might feel jumpy, like a decision is pending.

With H42 as the relating hexagram, it would seem you are seeking your own advantage? You are seeking to gain in some way? :)

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
what will be effective at fixing the relationship between x and me?
26.4.5 > 1

It's becoming clearer what H1 signifies, as you asked about your effectiveness, and the relating hexagram was H1 -- Doesn't that seem clear enough, why you got that relating hex?

H26 is about holding back and keeping still; in this case, probably how to hold back another person or keep them still -- so they can't hurt you or damage themselves, either.

There is someone a little wild or out-of-control here, is there not?

Perhaps you had best hold back and not tackle the situation alone, if you don't understand how to dam that person's unruly force at its source. :)

einhorn

visitor
Reaction score
Yi seems to be saying: 'Regarding whether or not you can be effective in writing this email, Einhorn, this is what you need to know: (1) seek expert guidance, because there's something you need to know before proceeding; (2) become more balanced; don't be crazy; and (3) even though there is no right way or wrong way, you might feel jumpy, like a decision is pending.

With H42 as the relating hexagram, it would seem you are seeking your own advantage? You are seeking to gain in some way? :)

(1) i did seek guidance, altho im not sure how "expert" she was.
(2) ya ive been stressing over it
(3) that is how i felt.

H42: well i had 2 reasons for writing it. 1, to express *my* feelings, and 2, to possibly set things in motion to reconcile. i guess those are both personal gain reasons.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think an email is going to be effective.

Willowfox is assuming you are a man, Einhorn. I have to admit that I can never tell from a person's writing whether they are male or female.

Who is the out-of-control person? Is that you? If that is you, then you must calm down. Restrain yourself. Get yourself together.

Or is the other person out of control? It would be very difficult and even arduous for you to influence a person in such a state, even if you had all the determination in the world. They would probably reject anything you tried to do.

einhorn

visitor
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think an email is going to be effective.

Willowfox is assuming you are a man, Einhorn. I have to admit that I can never tell from a person's writing whether they are male or female.

I'm a man :)

Who is the out-of-control person? Is that you? If that is you, then you must calm down. Restrain yourself. Get yourself together.

Could be. I've been spending a lot of time thinking about this. I wouldn't say I'm "out of control," tho.

Or is the other person out of control? It would be very difficult and even arduous for you to influence a person in such a state, even if you had all the determination in the world. They would probably reject anything you tried to do.

I don't think she's out of control. Stubborn and brooding, maybe.

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
H42: well i had 2 reasons for writing it. 1, to express *my* feelings, and 2, to possibly set things in motion to reconcile. i guess those are both personal gain reasons.

As a relating hex in Q's like this I just see it as your love or "love". That's how it's always worked for me.

Lucia

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
I'm with the tireless energy, but I don't agree that 1 is about doing work. In fact, I'd go so far as to say 1 does what it does without any effort. It's just what it is: a positive charge.

To me, 1 is first about potentials, potency. There is no effect or actual energy until it's grounded in 2. That's when the work begins. The man and woman are both cast from Eden, and hence the man shall toil, and the woman shall give birth in pain.

I've been sneakily evesdropping on this thread at work tonight (well it beats dealing with a change of government that looks remarkably similar to what it is supposed to be replacing) I couldn't participate but a thought came to me............

I suddenly flashed on sperm (as you do when you are at work and it's hectic :D) and the effort they make to hit the target. But it is not effort effort like 46 or whatever - it is effort that has a charge of energy behind it. 'Scuse the er um lateral thinking but for me it summed up how I feel about Hex 1. The energy is there but if you don't get behind it it just um er dribbles away........ Sorry.........

And with that little graphic contribution I'll slink away........

Lucia

einhorn

visitor
Reaction score
As a relating hex in Q's like this I just see it as your love or "love". That's how it's always worked for me.

Lucia

So it just meant that I'm feeling feelings of love and nothing else?

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
No........ remember what was discussed aboout the relating hex? That the other hex is "swimming in the sea" of love. Which it is isn't it? You obviously care about her very, very, much.

Lucia

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
You obviously care about her very, very, much.

Hex 1 is pure fire, fire equals passion, desire but not love as in the emotion. And it doesn't indicate "care", it indicates raw energy, like the universe. The universe is "alive" with energy but it doesn't care about "life", as space is a remorseless, uncaring, thing. It will kill without hesitation, the Sun, the nuclear bomb, they are all pure fire and energy, Hex 1, and will destroy anything and everything within reach. The Sun has its beneficial side but still it has no feelings if you live or die, it gives you warmth but also cancer, it helps the plants grow but also destroys them.

So, einhorn has a passion, a desire for his ex., and the advice was to contact her, to channel that energy in a positive way, by writing to her. Hex 1 is obviously indicating that he is also extremely restless and agitated, and needs to release that pent up energy. But the "care" aspect, as you can see it is currently very onesided.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
seems to have been so many threads about getting this girl back could it be she simply doesn't want to come back. An ex is an ex for a reason

M

maremaria

I've been sneakily evesdropping on this thread at work tonight (well it beats dealing with a change of government that looks remarkably similar to what it is supposed to be replacing) I couldn't participate but a thought came to me............

I suddenly flashed on sperm (as you do when you are at work and it's hectic :D) and the effort they make to hit the target. But it is not effort effort like 46 or whatever - it is effort that has a charge of energy behind it. 'Scuse the er um lateral thinking but for me it summed up how I feel about Hex 1. The energy is there but if you don't get behind it it just um er dribbles away........ Sorry.........

And with that little graphic contribution I'll slink away........

Lucia

Interesting Lucia.
I see it also as the sperm and the “energy is there..”
I had Hex 1 as relating in a question regarding the drawing class. Looking at my reading and trying to see the “dragon” I felt it chained. The colors , the shapes are into my mind but my skills don’t help me put them on the canvas. they seek a form. But it has nothing to do with a 46 or 53 process it feels different. The images are in there and they seek to find a way to go outside. But, I’m not sure if 1 is the energy itself or the energy generation The former seems more appropriate because Chien is inexhaustible , unlimited

M

maremaria

This is from N Richmond in case anyone is intersted in his views

(Unlike Chien, I'm to lazy to type it hope you can read it :))

chien-1.jpg

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).