...life can be translucent

Menu

53.1.4.5.6 > 55 - Relationship question

greenman

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

First post here, although I have been puzzling through the I for several years on my own...

I just wanted to get a second (or third or fourth) opinion about the result in the title as a response to the question, "Please tell me about the future of my relationship with X." This reads to me as a positive sign, for a potential gradual development over time, the lines representing the sequence of developments.

Or am I missing something due to my personal bias in favour of seeing that kind of result here?

Any feedback welcome! :)

Cheers,
greenman

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Yes it looks pretty good for a while at least but remember nothing lasts forever.

greenman

visitor
Reaction score
Well, life is a time-limited offer to begin with... :)

Is the limitation you see coming from 55 - abundance eventually turns to decline?

Cheers,
greenman

greenman

visitor
Reaction score
So - "What is the potential for my relationship with X to be long-lasting?"

2.2 > 7

Looks to me that this is possible but requires me to take the supporting role to X's lead.

X is a Leo and I am a Libran, by the way so this would likely be necessary in any event!

Does this seem right to you, Willowfox? Or am I understating the positive nature of this line (or as is quite likely simply mis-stating it...)

Cheers,
greenman

Last edited:

greenman

visitor
Reaction score
And, "What approach do I need to take to create a healthy, lasting, loving relationship with X?"

41.6 > 19

Thoughts appreciated; again overall a relatively positive sign, I feel.

Cheers,
greenman

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
So - "What is the potential for my relationship with X to be long-lasting?"

2.2 > 7

What do you mean by long lasting exactly, months, years, eternity?

Line 2.2 suggests that longevity depends upon you and your behaviour, if you are "good", then of course the person in question will stay, everything therefore is down to you how you act, can you be trusted, are you essentially a "good" partner.

Hex 7 depends upon perseverance, a soldier lets nothing faze him, and he carries on regardless of snow or sun but can you survive the course?

So, your answer says yes the potential for longevity is most certainly there, but it is up to you how long in actual fact the relationship will last. You are human, and that means you are going to make mistakes, and any one of those mistakes could well lead to termination.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
And, "What approach do I need to take to create a healthy, lasting, loving relationship with X?"

41.6 > 19

Look back at line 2.2 again, as that answers your question. Be steadfast, loving, supportive, trustful, sincere, generous and reliable.

greenman

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Willowfox. Promising but demanding, then.

"Do I have the necessary strength of character to meet these demands?"

19.1.6 > 4

Hmmm... I'll think that one over a bit, too.

Cheers,
greenman

greenman

visitor
Reaction score
What do you mean by long lasting exactly, months, years, eternity?

Line 2.2 suggests that longevity depends upon you and your behaviour, if you are "good", then of course the person in question will stay, everything therefore is down to you how you act, can you be trusted, are you essentially a "good" partner.

Hex 7 depends upon perseverance, a soldier lets nothing faze him, and he carries on regardless of snow or sun but can you survive the course?

So, your answer says yes the potential for longevity is most certainly there, but it is up to you how long in actual fact the relationship will last. You are human, and that means you are going to make mistakes, and any one of those mistakes could well lead to termination.

Years; we already have eternity.

I am a "good" partner, but as you note I am human. If a single slip is enough to end things, I can't guarantee anything. I do have endurance and trustworthiness on my side (if you place any stock in it, I am a Dog in the Chinese astrological system). But perfection is a tall order at the best of times.

Bottom line is that a high standard is called for; I can deliver *a* high standard; very high, I feel; but it is not clear to me that I would be able to consistently deliver what is called for here by your description.

Food for thought.

Cheers,
greenman

greenman

visitor
Reaction score
Look back at line 2.2 again, as that answers your question. Be steadfast, loving, supportive, trustful, sincere, generous and reliable.

Yes, I saw the similarity in concepts. Those I can do; again, to a high standard - but high enough?

I don't like that 4 relating in the last reading... but the original hexagram and the lines seem quite good to me.

Hmm, hmm, hmm...

Cheers,
greenman

greenman

visitor
Reaction score
"Is it wise for me to continue to aspire to such a relationship?"

[You can tell I don't want to let go of this...]

43 unchanging

Sounds to me like, if you're going to do it, throw yourself into it. Commit. And take your chances, because there is no good fortune or success mentioned for this hexagram, even in the lines.

Other thoughts?

Cheers,
greenman

greenman

visitor
Reaction score
"Is there anything else I should particularly know in deciding to pursue this relationship?"

30 unchanging

From past commentaries in the forums this appears to be a possible secret which needs to have light shone on it; generally not a very favourable reading?

greenman

visitor
Reaction score
On reflection, I seems to be telling me that I need to live up to my standards consistently, but is not predicting failure. The things I am cautioned to do here are the foundations for any good relationship, if I am reading them right - be a good partner, commit, and keep your eyes wide open as it were. Unless I am reading the 43 and 30 wrong.

"Please tell me how this relationship will develop if I act on the basis of the interpretation I have described."

32.1 > 34

Which I read to mean don't do anything *yet*; allow things to develop (along the lines of 53 in the first place)?

Cheers,
greenman

greenman

visitor
Reaction score
Well, I've asked I if I would profit from a break trying to work this out and received 33.4 > 53. Retreat it is, in the name of gradual progress.

If there are any additional thoughts from others, I'd be happy to have another opinion or two, but Willowfox's inputs here have been very helpful I think.

I'll start a new thread for anything new from me.

Cheers,
greenman

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).