...life can be translucent

Menu

Should I move?

firerabbit

visitor
Reaction score
I just graduated from college, lack funds, and do not currently have a "grand plan"; I simply want to take a break, reflect a bit, work, and figure out my next move. My lease is up soon, and I could move in with my parents for a time, for free (they live 2 hours away). I asked:

What about moving back into my parents' house?:
Hexagram 18.4 to 50

A bit taken aback, I thought about it and it made sense to me. I then asked, How to respond to "what has been spoiled by father"?:
Hexagram 23.6 to 2

I feel it would be more challenging, but more beneficial for myself to stay where I am settled and work hard to stay here (as I just graduated, I'll no longer receive any financial support from my 'rents). I admit to having feelings that by moving back home, I might be able to have a positive influence on my family, who seem to be experiencing rather tough times (my sister and grandparents also live in my hometown). This outlook increasingly seems to have little validity though. It would hopefully be "only for a certain period of time" but everyone I speak to says, "Don't go back! You'll just get sucked in!" and I'm beginning to agree after a recent visit home.

So then I asked, What about staying in ____ rather than moving to _____(parents' house):
Hexagram 14.1.2.3.4.6 to 2

So, two relating hexagrams of #2 (and I've received that as a relating hexagram probably 7 times in the last 2 weeks..)

I am really leaning towards staying in my college town where I feel more settled now. For some reason I regarded that as a huge scary step, but I think it might just be a slight challenge I had been trying to ignore. There are more friends and job opportunities where I am as well.

It's always helpful to get outside insights. How would you personally interpret these readings?

Thank you,
Fr

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
What about moving back into my parents' house?:
Hexagram 18.4 to 50

It would be beneficial to you, like in paying no rent, eating well etc but your parents/father would obviously be the problem to your happiness there. What you would need to do is to tell them that the rules must be changed, that you are no longer 12 years old, that you are now a free and independent spirit, therefore not to let them run your life. Ask yourself, can you do this and will it actually work?

So then I asked, What about staying in ____ rather than moving to parents' house:
Hexagram 14.1.2.3.4.6 to 2

This is the better option in terms of freedom and work related progress, but the need for money would be the main drawback, you got to eat and pay rent.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).