...life can be translucent

Menu

Plum Blossom Reloaded

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there dear Yi followers!

For the sake of practicing, I made another attempt at the Plum Blossom method. I used Early Heaven, formula one, for a question about the arrival of news from a person (a classical example of utilisation of this method, and also a topic I have recently casted a traditional reading about).

"Will X get in touch?"
25.2 > 10

The upper trigram of the predictive hex was determined by the number of letter in X's name; the lower one was calculated using date and time when the prediction was made.
Fate trigram: Chen / wood
Subject trigram: Chien / metal.
Wood injures metal, thus indicating some difficulty.

In the second hex, both trigrams (Tui and Chien) are metal, supporting each other as well as the subject trigram in the first hex. This is auspicious.

(For the sake of simplification, I have not considered the relationships created by the inner trigrams).

So, after initial hindrance, a contact appears likely. The new trigram created by the changing line, Tui, is associated to number 7 in the Later Heaven sequence; the time scale could therefore be 7 days or maybe weeks (hopefully not months, or years :eek:).

Looking at trigrams' attributes, Chien (the subject trigram) symbolises a man (X); Chen (the fate trigram) is associated to communication (for instance, a telephone); Tui is joy. This could represent an uplifting call made by X.

Last but not least, line 2 of Hex. 25 reads:
"If one does not count on the harvest while plowing,
Nor on the use of the ground while clearing it,
It furthers one to undertake something"

which could again suggest a light-hearted, spontaneous contact by X.

I would love to hear opinions / comments / suggestions by other Plum Blossom "fans"! :)

Nighty
Cris

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Don't bank on him contacting you as he is a difficult person to deal with, a law unto himself.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks WF! I'm taking it your insight is based on the traditional interpretation of 25.2 (and not secondarily on your intuition).

Anyone care to look at this from a Plum Blossom perspective? The whole objective of this exercise was to practice this methodology to check the accuracy of the prediction.

gato

visitor
Reaction score
Wood injures metal, thus indicating some difficulty.
is the other way around. metal injures wood, maybe this will help.

he will call but you might miss the call.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Hey Gato! Thanks for your input.

What source are you referring to? According to Da Liu's book "I Ching Numerology", wood injures metal (= difficulty), whereas metal destroys wood (= bad luck). The injuring relationship wood -> metal is described as fearfulness in Tsung Hwa's "The Tao of I Ching".

How about the time line, any thought?

As to missing the call... that would be typical of me :rofl:

gato

visitor
Reaction score
Hey Gato! Thanks for your input.

What source are you referring to? According to Da Liu's book "I Ching Numerology", wood injures metal (= difficulty), whereas metal destroys wood (= bad luck). The injuring relationship wood -> metal is described as fearfulness in Tsung Hwa's "The Tao of I Ching".

How about the time line, any thought?

As to missing the call... that would be typical of me :rofl:

ohh, i see what you mean . as far as i know, you have soft metal and hard wood, so the wood doesn't damage the metal in this case.

timing is difficult to decipher as the situation has lots of ups and downs. maybe Jun 09 but with a big question mark.

Last edited:

cris

visitor
Reaction score
ohh, i see what you mean . as far as i know, you have soft metal and hard wood, so the wood doesn't damage the metal in this case.

I wish I could say I see what you mean too :confused: I can't find any reference to soft / hard elements... Can I ask you to share where you got it from?

timing is difficult to decipher as the situation has lots of ups and downs. maybe Jun 09 but with a big question mark.

It would be great if you could enlighten me about your calculation. Learning was exactly the purpose of this reading :)

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Happy Sunday everyone!

Gato, would still appreciate some clarification over your interpretation of the relationships between elements and the time scale you provided :)

WF, going back to your insight:
Don't bank on him contacting you as he is a difficult person to deal with, a law unto himself.
I'm not familiar with either hex 25 or 10, but I'd guess you're referring mainly to 10, about which Wilhelm's comment goes:
"In terms of a human situation, one is handling wild, intractable people".
Am I correct? How do you interpret 25.2 in this context?

Thanks in advance for nourishing my knowledge :bows:

gato

visitor
Reaction score
Cris, the interaction of the 5 elements along with heavenly stems and earthly branches is the foundation of any chinese metaphysical system. I don't have any links at hand right now but if you google i'm sure you can find lots of articles and useful informations.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Gato. I found a link with the indication of soft / hard metal and wood. This distinction was not included in the texts I am using. Very interesting.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"In terms of a human situation, one is handling wild, intractable people".
Am I correct? How do you interpret 25.2 in this context?

Line 25.2 would indicate that if you want, hoping or depending upon to contact, then don't bank on it as Hex 10 describes a difficult person.

patro

visitor
Reaction score
hi cris
as you know I'm a learner about Plum Blossom... I try any way to give my opinion!!
at time this is a mixed opinion given from the traditional one and the plum blossom!!!
well you got 25->10 the inner trigram are 33 and 13...
33 related to 25... this mean that he don't contact you... so you have to act with innocence like 25... it also mean that the thing will not go like you expect!!! this mean that probably you are the one that will establish the contact!!
13 related to 10... this mean that if you establish the contact with caution it will have success!
for a more related readings to the plum and blossom you have to wait a little bit ;)

Last edited:

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Many thanks Patro! This was intended to be a thread to increase my knowledge... and I have to say the objective is being accomplished so far!

For instance: why do you mention hexes 33 and 13? In my analysis of the reading based on the Plum Blossom method, the inner hexes are 53 (upper Schun, lower Ken) and 37 (Schun - Li) respectively for 25 and 10.

Bear with me, I'm a self-confessed learner... :rofl:

I'll also be eagerly waiting for your Plum Blossom interpretation :)

patro

visitor
Reaction score
:( I was wrong.... sorry I'm in hurry at time!!!
but any way the answer let don't expect a contact from him.... probably you don't give him the time to make the first step!!
53 related to 25... as I just say...you will act with innocence like 25... it also mean that the thing will not go like you expect!!! you will not wait for... and you will contact him before he decide to do!!
37 related to 10.... you will act like a wife.... a wife is subordinate to the man in a traditional relation!! this mean that according to your nature you will contact him.. with caution!!!
somethings is saying me that you will not like this answer!!! ;P

in practice!!! you will change idea, from waiting for a contact from him... you'll be unexpectedly for yourself... make the first step...

ciao

cris

visitor
Reaction score
:rofl:

One way or the other, Patro, the answer is not positive! Thanks for the revision anyways.

Plum Blossom, Plum Blossom... where art thou? :confused:

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Brief update

Despite what appeared to be a quite clear indication from Plum Blossom, X did not get in touch.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).