...life can be translucent

Menu

aim of my life: 42,2-3>9

kativa

visitor
Reaction score
what do you think about it? The 9 , The Taming Power of the Small is difficult to understand... :bows::bows:

gato

visitor
Reaction score
You will live long enough to see better times but for now hmmm .... One is enriched through unfortunate events.

hahahaha... i just toss the same 42-9 right now asking about a project. finally,there is a little bit of hope :)

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
9 often comes up when you're asking about your 'field.'

42.2 and 42.3 indicates that you are now in a lucky phase. Someone will greatly benefit you. You may have gained an advantage by unfortunate means, but did not do so deliberately, because you were totally sincere. Or, rather, your benefit may be the result of someone else's misfortune. But you are definitely not to blame in any way.

I am not sure how to apply the I Ching's answers to your 'aim of my life' question. I raise this because the I Ching is always saying to live fully in the present moment and it usually answers regarding today and tomorrow, preferring not to be asked about the distant future, for example.

I think the I Ching can answer 'purpose of life' questions very well, but that involves you being able to recognize the pattern it sees, review your life to understand how this applies to you, and then follow up on this wisdom in the present. A tall order! But there definitely can be benefits received from asking this sort of question.

Last edited:

gato

visitor
Reaction score
42.2 and 42.3 indicates that you are now in a lucky phase.
i can clearly state that this is not true. i had the same reading and, unless i'm dreaming, this is not a lucky phase.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dentists and Doctors and Lawyers

42,2-3>9
what do you think about it? The 9 , The Taming Power of the Small is difficult to understand... :bows::bows:
All sorts of professions benefit from the unfortunate pain of others; in other words, they are

"‘Bless[ed] by means of unfortunate business.
Not a mistake."

Dentists always come to mind, but it is true of many less stark professions, therapists, masseuses, almost anyone in the healing arts but even people in less obvious areas, for example software testing. People make mistakes, and those who test for those mistakes are blessed.

So it sounds to me like you have great good fortune (Line 2) and should aim for or plan to profit by one of these types of areas. As for H9, I think it indicates a careful and nurturing approach to your goal area is called for.

(There are other interpretations of line 3, so let's hear how you react to this one)!

Best Wishes,
Tiger

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
42.2 Be prepared.
42.3 Then you will be able to turn even misfortune into success.

9. To achieve your aim you will need "firm determination within and gentleness and adaptability in external relations."

rosada

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Gato, a bit off-topic, but I have to comment that your Avatar is simply stupendous. Wow.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Unfortunate Business

42.3: Yes, I always think of dentists, too.

42.2: It says you are enriched to the extent of 2,100 tortoise shells from someone who would accept no refusal . . .

I don't recall any instance specifically in which I received 42.2.3>9. But your good luck or benefit is probably being held up by the 'dense clouds, no rain' situation of Hexagram 9.

In hexagram 9, a person with relatively little power is able to prevent a more powerful person from abusing their position. Maybe you are living with a tyrannical person whose decisions affect you adversely. Or maybe someone has more economic strength than you have and mistreats you in some way. The challenge is to get around any obstacles that arise, not with force and contention, but by learning how to keep a sweet temper despite every challenge. Influence can be gained in this situation only by being subtle. One needs gentle humor, great tact, and refinement. This is not a time when big changes are going to happen.

Personally, I don't understand how the 'dense clouds, no rain' Hex 9 situation relates to the moving lines in H42, Benefit. Please keep us posted on what happens.

Last edited:

kativa

visitor
Reaction score
HI dears!!
Thanks a lot for give some of your time to answer my question, and sorry for my late answer...always too busy during this last month, and too tired to stay in front the screen without fall sleeping...

When i was making this question to the I Jing several ideas were flowing in my mind as starting to study healing therapies (Tigerintheboat you read my brain!), or if my studies in the education field makes any sense, or start to work seriously and deeper with theater, or....i dont know which field!!!!

i tried to sintesied my question in just a few words, the question that everyone have in the life but, in this way, i just had an abstract answer(now i think i should learn ask in a more specific way....) that i didnt know how to apply(as Ginie say,"
a tall order!
")

I understood the 42 as a positive answer, but this 9 gave a lot of doubts because shows how to act in a bad moment,aint it?: is positive, but is not brighting....is positive, but is no easy...is positive, and is gained with "
firm determination within and gentleness and adaptability in external relations."
(thanks Rosada)

So the answer of Tigerintheboat
Dentists always come to mind, but it is true of many less stark professions, therapists, masseuses, almost anyone in the healing arts but even people in less obvious areas, for example software testing. People make mistakes, and those who test for those mistakes are blessed.
made me a lot of pleasair, be surprised and helped me to have another view of the reading that was connected to my mind when i was asking to the i ching. I understood the 9 like a normal consequence of the one that is starting and have to work hard to arrive to the own aim, but i still not dso sure about if is really succesful,,,,. by the way, can you tell me the other interpretations of line 3??

But Ginnie wrotte something that made think about the time of the reading. this:
" I am not sure how to apply the I Ching's answers to your 'aim of my life' question. I raise this because the I Ching is always saying to live fully in the present moment and it usually answers regarding today and tomorrow, preferring not to be asked about the distant future, for example."
(and i'm always asking about future future future,,so naif!! :p)
Well, just two days after of this reading i came to my parents cause my mother had a surgery (nothing to be worried) and my familly needs help. I arrived full of energy, but this super positive feeling was getting weak for the usual uncommunication with my familly and the fear of having violent disscussions because different points of view and life styles.but i promised myself to keep me quiet, flexible, gentle and sweet, and to adapt me to my familly rules to make all of us happy nad everything is working better(also it helped that a friend offered me to move to her house, at least, i 've got my own place where to go to sleep...perfect!)
So if we take just the question "aim of my life" and we think just about the most inmediate future, the answer fits really well!
what do u think after knowing all this details??

ps: gato
hahahaha... i just toss the same 42-9 right now asking about a project. finally,there is a little bit of hope,
how is going with your project? i hope everything allright, like me with my familly :)
i had a look to your work,really beautiful things, congratulations ;)

thank a lot to all..

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
So if we take just the question "aim of my life" and we think just about the most inmediate future, the answer fits really well!
what do u think after knowing all this details??

Well, that's it! The so-called 'aim of my life' could change every day. Why shouldn't it?

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Diamonds and Jade

When i was making this question to the I Jing several ideas were flowing in my mind as starting to study healing therapies (Tigerintheboat you read my brain!), or if my studies in the education field makes any sense, or start to work seriously and deeper with theater, or....i dont know which field!!!!....

So the answer of Tigerintheboat

made me a lot of pleasair, be surprised and helped me to have another view of the reading that was connected to my mind when i was asking to the i ching. I understood the 9 like a normal consequence of the one that is starting and have to work hard to arrive to the own aim, but i still not dso sure about if is really succesful,,,,. by the way, can you tell me the other interpretations of line 3??
Glad to hear our comments were well received. About Line 3, I simply meant that there are lots of people who get this line who have nothing to do with health and healing, that there are other kinds of "unfortunate business" that can benefit a person . But if you already had thoughts about healing professions, then you have more reason and encouragement now to pursue such work. As the hexagram says, step up and make your intentions known. The jade baton indicates a permanent and enduring commitment (jade does not wear and occupies a position in Chinese thinking something like the way we have been taught to think of diamonds...the idea that "a diamond is forever.").

Have no fear of H9; many great enterprises require nurturing and small careful steps in the beginning.

Tiger

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).