...life can be translucent

Menu

Work Change - Help in Understanding

empowers77

visitor
Reaction score
Help ...

I am not sure I understand this?! This past week I made a work shift to work (independent contractor) for another insurance agency. It is actually one that used to be partnered with the one I was with -but I believe "egos" at high levels ended up breaking down. Health insurance in the USA is in the midst of great change, so perhaps this is part of the answer. (I focus primarily on Health, Accident & Life insurance).

Last night I asked the question: Energy of me making the move to go w/this new agency? I received: 49 (unchanging)

I decided to sleep on that one because of the answer (Changing - Revolution) and how this will bring even more change to my life.

So this morning got a bit more specific in the question for clarity and I asked:

Energy of the "result/effect" to my life of making the move to go w/this company for work. And I received: 42.1.5 to 23

This is where my confusion lies ...
42 seems like the answer is: I made a positive move. Both changing lines speak of positive attributes and and overall beneficial time (if I keep my "head" straight, so to speak)

With it changing to 23 ... Does that mean it is SHORT LIVED? And I will be changing again?? 23 is what is throwing me off.

Insight into this answer or if someone has an idea for a question to ask for more clarity, I really welcome that too.

With many thanks in much appreciation!
Beth :bows:

empowers77

visitor
Reaction score
I actually just found this after typing in a search ... this helps:

Then there’s the Dazhuan, the Great Treatise – which says that Increase is ‘enduring wealth without setting anything up.’ This blessing comes without setting anything in stone, without coercion. In fact, it’s more likely to call for the removal of what’s established and settled: at the heart of Blessing is the nuclear hexagram 23, Stripping Away. Preconceptions of how things ought to look, how one’s supposed to be – these can all go. You prepare the ground for the best harvest by clearing the old growth from the fields. (The Dazhuan also says that the invention of ploughing and tilling was probably inspired by Hexagram 42.)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks! - Beth

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Last night I asked the question: Energy of me making the move to go w/this new agency? I received: 49 (unchanging)

The insurance situation is in great flux. You shall need to keep your ear to the ground, so to speak, and pay attention to all the changes as they occur. You'll need to stay alert to all these changes.

Energy of the "result/effect" to my life of making the move to go w/this company for work. And I received: 42.1.5 to 23

Many times a field of work may collapse because of too many materialistic, big ego people getting involved in it, and this may refer to those who caused your first company to collapse. Often the relating hex refers to the context in which you are asking your question, not the result.

I think your reading is saying that if you're doing this out of kindness and the goodness of your heart, you will succeed at it. But right now you are really confused.

How many of us work out of the kindness and the goodness of our hearts? Usually we work because we need the money and already have the skills. So, if you are really not into this in a goodhearted way, you had better not expect much.

On the other hand, if you are interested in setting an example and being part of the beneficial and revolutionary changes that are occurring in the health care system of the U.S.A., then you would be well positioned to benefit everyone, and yourself, too, by your work.

By the way, I don't really understand the form of your question: "Energy of the result/effect to my life."

Why don't you use a simpler question, like: "What to expect from _____?"

Or, sometimes even simpler, just say: "Issue: Making the move to go with this new company," and let the I Ching say what it wants you to know about that issue.

empowers77

visitor
Reaction score
Ginnie ...

Thank you! Your right about your take on 49. Changes come daily within the industry and the carriers I represent. Example: Agents commissions will be greatly reduced over the course of the next few months and rates will be going much higher for individuals needing coverage (based upon all the government mandates for insurance).

And as for 42.1.5 to 23 ...
I feel I do my job based out of truth, kindness & respect (always give it to people straight up), but do feel disheartened at times. I would like to be earning more than I am and helping more people. Part of this move to a different agency gives me the ability to offer more to people (bringing more value to them) with product line that will not be effected by commission cuts.

Thank you for the idea on the question to ask. What I meant by "energy" was the overall movement regarding the move (flow or direction).

Namaste ..
Beth

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score

I'm not sure what you mean by your question, as Hex 49 has two elements that are in opposition to one another, fire and water, fire boils water to create steam, so it a very drastic change, and needs careful consideration.

So this morning got a bit more specific in the question for clarity and I asked:

****While the lines suggest that you are making the move for all the rights reasons, Hex 23 indicates a downturn in your affairs.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Commercial Types

The hex 23 could signify that the whole field itself will take a downturn, due to an influx of commercial types who are only in it for the money. When an overwhelming number of individuals all enter a field seeking only their own advantage, the result will be a collapse of that field, as the piranas fight and devour everything and everybody in sight.

I wish I could say that those few remaining who are interested in serving the public good will survive unscathed, but that would depend on many other unknown factors.

The hex 49 with no changing lines points to all these unknowns -- as things are changing very fast in that field right now and nobody knows what's going to happen in the future.

Could you possibly do a lateral shift, Empowers, and get out of the field of health insurance completely? I believe that is where all the trouble is going to come from . . .

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).