...life can be translucent

Menu

Ego versus Soul when approaching the IChing

peter2610

visitor
Reaction score
Neegula said:
i came on earth because i bothered someone in hell.

That was me and I've come here to take you back, start packing :rant:

Only joking, last time I was there they wouldn't let me in :rofl:

Peter

Last edited:

neegula

visitor
Reaction score
That was me and I've come here to take you back, start packing :rant:

Only joking, last time I was there they wouldn't let me in :rofl:
:rofl: ok, ok, peter, tell just one word and....i'll move into your place for a holiday :rofl:

well, earth welcomes both of you:hug:
:hug::hug::hug: you are always nice and lovely, bamboo:)

Timmy gave us a thought and then..silence. not so bad;)
yes, sometimes silence shows wisdom...:bows:

jilt

visitor
Reaction score
ehh, Timmy, making oppositions like "ego versus soul" belongs to hex 38. Initiating discussions with an opposition, a dichotomy, is nice for defining terms and position, but it brings you nowhere.
Ego can be seen as a result from the interaction between the inner world and the outer world, or our history and our future. Therefore the third line is generally associated with ego and because of the friction between inner and outer or past and future the 3rd place is always kind of unstable, not unlike ego's.

timmy

visitor
Reaction score
I'm sorry I deleted the post. I deleted it because I figured out what I was thinking about and since no-one had replied at that stage I thought it was okay to go ahead and delete what I'd written.

What I was getting at was I think the answers we recieve from the IChing can be signifcantly different depending on whether or not we are approaching the IChing from our Soul or from our Mind.

For me, when I've been struggling like a mad person to figure something out in my head and then I've asked the IChing the IChing has usually just mirrored my conflicting thoughts in my head - so the confusion still reigns.
BUT when I approach the IChing from my Soul I get an answer that I totally understand in that it resonates deeply at a Soul level and is very clear and precise - BECAUSE in this instance the IChing is mirroring back truth because the soul is truth, in that the soul Knows. Whereas the mind can just get confused by what 'appears' to be going on which is not necessarily what is really going on, and the soul knows what's really going on.

That's the angle I was getting at.

If you come at the IChing from your mind it will mirror your mind (the mind can be full of confusion but the soul 'knows').
If you come at the IChing from your soul it will mirror your soul - that is to say give you the TRUTH.

I think so.
:bows:

Last edited:

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If you come at the IChing from your mind it will mirror your mind (the mind can be full of confusion but the soul 'knows').
If you come at the IChing from your soul it will mirror your soul - that is to say give you the TRUTH.

I think so.
:bows:

Yes, I agree, Timmy. I know when I am coming at the Yi with my mind because often I feel ornery and impatient. BUt when I ask with an open space preceding all the thoughts, the response fills the open space. "Needing to know' is an open space.

the difference is subtle, but immense.

Thanks for clarifying your thoughts:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).