...life can be translucent

Menu

Help a newbie? hex. 37

howl

visitor
Reaction score
Well, hello! I'm new around here and fairly new-ish to the iching, but I'm hopeful I can learn loads and have a good time here. :blush:

Maybe you people could help me, please?

I've been through some upheavels and now I'm pretty much friendless. This isn't the first time, but to be honest I'm fed up of always ending up so screwed and of course I want this to change. So I asked the iching, "why am I so undesirable?" I mean there is something I'm doing that makes people not like me cause I don't have lasting relationships of any kind even if I want them and more often that not this relationships have ended in rather nasty ways. I got 37.6 > 63. What does that mean?

Thanks for any help :bows:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
So I asked the i ching, "why am I so undesirable?" I got 37.6 > 63.

Perhaps you come across to others as demanding, bossy and arrogant, always looking to control everything in your realm with an iron hand.

You don't bully people do you?

howl

visitor
Reaction score
Oh, thanks willowfox, yes I admit I'm bossy, but no I don't bully people. Well, I guess I have to soften up a tad. Thanks.

ace

visitor
Reaction score
I like WF's statements about controlling ... makes sense.

I also might add LISE (37.6) stating "If you live up to a good cause, a spiritual ideal or perfectionism, you will never accomplish much. But if you mix the good with some down-to-earth common sense, then you succeed". Additionally, the fan yao (LISE 63.6) states "Never be sure of success. If you want to keep it, then stay the way you were when you made it. Success has to be made and made and made, it needs you to go on."

It may be as simple as-- if you want a friend, then be a friend. AND, if you want to keep a friend, then continue being a friend.

themis

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Howl,

The top line of Hex 37 is one of the most auspicious: 'possessed of sincerity, arrayed in majesty' (Legge).

'Possessing conformity impressing thus. Completing, significant'.Comments: 'To impressing thus
belongs significance . Reversing designation belonging to individuality indeed' (Ritsema & Sabbadini).

When things/relationships go awry, it isn't necessarily cos you're at fault. Could be chemistry,
timing, values, others not wanting to appreciate your attributes, etc. There are many factors
that could be taken into consideration and it can happen that one realises/understands in
retrospect.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Why am I so undesirable?
37.6 > 63

☴ ☵
☲ ☲

Hexagram pictures: Home, Fox

Matt. 8:20 . . . "The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head."

Overall judgment: You will find your place -- the place where you are desired -- when you wise up to the ways of the world. The world is big, and there is a place for everyone.

Text:

37J
The Family. The perseverance of the woman furthers.

Proverbs 31:10 "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. . . " In this lengthy praise of the good woman, there is no mention of beauty, personality, or social skills.

37I
Wind comes forth from fire:
The image of the Family.
Thus the superior man has substance in his words
And duration in his way of life.

Being sincere has risks. Nevertheless, it is the key to intimacy.

Nine at the top means:
His work commands respect.
In the end good fortune comes.

Prov. 22:29 "Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men." If you develop a skill, you wil be respected, admired, and desired for your competence.

63J
After Completion. Success in small matters.
Perseverance furthers.
At the beginning good fortune,
At the end disorder.

Easy temptations end hard. Do what is right, and there will be no error.

howl

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the other replies :) But looking at it with willowfox's answer actually makes perfect sense. Even adding up what you said themis, thank you. "possessed of sincerity, arrayed in majesty' (Legge)"

Not only that, but I think the iching answered my actual problem (well, duh) A misunderstanding occured between me and this large group and in retaliation I acted domineering and aloof basically saying: F you, things are gonna work my way. :eek: Their response was unfortunately gossiping because in my anger and offended leo attitude it never occured to me to explain exactly why I acted like that anyway. Ended up having this I demand respect, you ought to magically know why I suddenly turned aloof moment.

Oh, the sillyness :bag:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).