...life can be translucent

Menu

Finally the Big Interview

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Finally had the big job interview for employment at a great distance in a foreign land; one with huge potential and responsibility. I asked the Yi how I was perceived in this encounter with two male interviewers and cast: Hex 34.4 becoming Hex 11.

Seems to me that it was positive, but is 34 generally a sign of being overbearing? I felt in the interview that I was able to explain a lot of my qualifications but wasn't sure they are all applicable. The interviewers were extremely intelligent people with enormous experience of their own so I felt that whatever their perception, they would be fair.

The thought of taking on this position is daunting to me, but would provide a path to growth that I can only imagine. Any thoughts?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked the Yi how I was perceived in this encounter with two male interviewers and cast: Hex 34.4 becoming Hex 11.

How did they perceived you? Line 34.4 indicates that they think you are intelligent and ready to assume the reigns of power, "like a cart ready to carry a heavy load" but not through brute strength but through the application of your superior intellect(internal application).

Hex 11 also suggests that they think you have very good management skills, plus you seem friendly and approachable.

gato

visitor
Reaction score
the situation is stuck for now but it will start advancing (very) soon. be at peace

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
best of luck! sounds awesome

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
WOW, all sounding positive which is really encouraging. The interview ended with them saying I'd have an answer by mid-August. It's an incredible opportunity in a very difficult place to live -- so I have to love it to want the position. There are several options as well and when they come back, if there's an offer, they'll tell me exactly which job I've qualified to do. Meanwhile -- pins and needles in one respect and, in another, I can't believe I'm even considering doing this! It's a Mt. Everest of a position in about as easy conditions -- still if I could make it work I'd learn enough to last a lifetime, and that's the huge draw. Plus, I'd meet such different people. I'm scared to death and can't stop thinking about it at one and the same time.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
the situation is stuck for now but it will start advancing (very) soon. be at peace

Just re-read this Gato and wondered if you have any opinion of how soon is VERY soon? Their outside estimate to coming back to me was August 15th. Do you see it happening before that? Where do you see the time frame in your reading anyway?

gato

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah, 16 august looks good. ( not 17 but 16 )

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
The McCleary translation confirms everybody's interpretations that you're in luck, Arabella!

'Be correct, and you will be lucky and have no regret. The fence opened up; it does not impede. Power is in the hubs of a large vehicle.'

Because the hubs are strong, the vehicle is strong, and it will travel well.

Congratualtions, Arabella :hug:

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The job sounds awesome - and scary too:) - as for the reading itself, I would not be able to say what it means either way...it could be taken to mean that this is your opportunity and you've made it through the interview with ease and finesse.
BUt I think the reading is comforting either way...if perchance you were not to get the job, then the reading might be interpreted as getting free in a way that is in your best interests absolutely. So even a "disappointment" would work out for the best. I say that not because I feel the reading is saying that it is this way, but just that it is a win either way. If you get it, no fear, you are qualified and hex 11 bodes very well.

sooo, "what ever wish you wish comes true
tell me and I'll wish it too":bows:

Fate is kind. Good luck. I cant wait to hear.:hug:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Ok, I've marked August 16th on the calendar with a big X. Thank you all, I can hear "When You Wish Upon a Star" playing in the background! I'll report back when I hear any news. XO, Arabella

gato

visitor
Reaction score
Bamboo is right... things will start moving but there is no telling in which direction. I guess there are still choices to be made and things to be done, but overall looks good.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Wanted to add to this thread that I've been through more than another month of forms, questionnaires and fulfilled various requirements of proving my skills. I've been told that a job [there are two possibilities] would begin in the Spring. Also, I have been sent a letter of "disclaimer" I guess you would say, explaining the uncertainties faced by people who work in this field in such a unique and demanding environment over several years, and the difficulties they sometimes experience realigning themselves in their former positions or lifestyle. It suggested having a fund on hand when you leave to ease transition back home. The period of the contract is for three years.

Frankly, it freaked me out a bit. Furthermore, I don't have such a fund and don't expect to any day soon. At this stage, I'm looking at where I am and appreciating some of the "knowns" more than I did before. I've finally found a place to live nearby and that fact is also leading the way in certain respects. I think I've put this employment adventure to the side for the moment while I follow the couple pinpoints of light that have appeared just outside the window. Thanks all for your encouragement in following this possibility to a place where I can make a clear decision.:hug:

gato

visitor
Reaction score
so many words and not a single hex ???? hmmm :D

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I'm beginning to wondering what the true hedge is, that falls apart. What hedge do you get disentangled from?

Could this super-demanding position (with a three year contract and reams of paper to fill out just to qualify) be the hedge from which you get free? After which, you become more peaceful, knowing that you don't have to jump through huge hoops to feel satisfied with your life ...

The reason I am thinking this is because I just got this line a few weeks ago, and what happened was that I was abruptly freed from an ambition I had been rather stuck in for a long time. It was about a position that would have been omnivorously demanding. But it was nebulous at the same time ... and I didn't know the people ... causing me uncertainty.

By the way, today is the 24th and they said they'd be back to you around the 15th. Oh, well, a lot of people go on vacation in August and everything goes more slowly. I know you cannot go by my experience. As someone said (above), things get moving, but the direction in which they go -- that still seems uncertain.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
so many words and not a single hex ???? hmmm :D

I'm really giving an update here that is based in my own instinct, my strong feeling, that I can't afford to unseat myself completely into something where the dangers are even greater than I already face. The past number of years have been fraught with financial and logistical nightmare. It's a good thing I enjoy challenge because there is just nothing but challenge from wall to wall for a long while now. I figure I chose it over what else was available, so it's mine, for better or worse.

I agree though, another casting might well be instructive, so here goes. I asked the Yi, "What do you think of my decision to remain here for now?" -- and I received,

Hex 60.2.4.5 becoming Hex 51. The second changing line would seem to say that leaving could initiate a further pitfall. And, although there are limitations involved [which I know] changing lines 4 and 5 seem to say those limits have elements of peace and relaxation, as well as their own good moments [sweet limitation].

An outcome of Hex 51 would have worried me in the past, but I've cast this line so many times over the past year we are mates by now! I've been hanging onto that spoon for dear life since God was born. I don't think I could relax my grip and drop it now, even if I tried, we are welded together the spoon and I. A different new beginning maybe? Possible new beginnings here would include a new home [in four weeks] that was so difficult to find but came along at the last moment just in the nick of time; and of course the man of the hour who has flittled about the edges of life for months now and suddenly took it seriously when I said I thought I'd leave for other pursuits. I said nothing directly to him about plans to move on, but apparently others did and he was rather shocked I suppose. So maybe that has something to do with Hex 51 as well. Anyway, it's all quite interesting how this has unfolded so far.

Any further thoughts anyone?:)

Last edited:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Especially since Gato asked -- how come there is no new reading? -- please notice the second casting on this subject. Thanks! Arabella:)

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Hex 60.2.4.5 becoming Hex 51. The second changing line would seem to say that leaving could initiate a further pitfall. And, although there are limitations involved [which I know] changing lines 4 and 5 seem to say those limits have elements of peace and relaxation, as well as their own good moments [sweet limitation]. Any further thoughts anyone?:)

In the context of general upheaval and repeated shocks:

60.2 :: Opportunities at hand that require your immediate attention
60.4 :: You have accepted the limitation proper to yourself
60.5 :: Good fortune. By going forward you will win acclaim

At hand seems to imply that these opportunities are close to where you are now, not abroad. Getting hexagram 60 is a great confirmation that you're on the right track, Arabella!

gato

visitor
Reaction score
Especially since Gato asked -- how come there is no new reading? -- please notice the second casting on this subject. Thanks! Arabella:)

it's a pretty clear reading... "not going brings misfortune", "going brings esteem".

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Gato. That was a reading well worth doing. What you are saying really resonnates with what I feel and somehow that to me is the sign of a casting that has hit the mark, that sort of leaves everything vibrating with hope and a sense of destiny. You really can't beat such a sensation, can you?:)

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I'm beginning to wondering what the true hedge is, that falls apart. What hedge do you get disentangled from?

Could this super-demanding position (with a three year contract and reams of paper to fill out just to qualify) be the hedge from which you get free? After which, you become more peaceful, knowing that you don't have to jump through huge hoops to feel satisfied with your life ...

The reason I am thinking this is because I just got this line a few weeks ago, and what happened was that I was abruptly freed from an ambition I had been rather stuck in for a long time. It was about a position that would have been omnivorously demanding. But it was nebulous at the same time ... and I didn't know the people ... causing me uncertainty.

By the way, today is the 24th and they said they'd be back to you around the 15th. Oh, well, a lot of people go on vacation in August and everything goes more slowly. I know you cannot go by my experience. As someone said (above), things get moving, but the direction in which they go -- that still seems uncertain.

It's taken me the day to think on this one, the hedge that you get free from. Yes, I really did charge into the idea of a different job, different home, different country, as the signal aspects of a "new beginning." But that has gradually collapsed and I'm finding myself where I was, looking at some developments around me that bore fruit, just taking longer than I wanted to do it. In a sense, I was so invested in the idea of farther afield as the only possibility of adventure, I underestimated everything around me entirely. That had to collapse for me to see prospects in my own back garden.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).