...life can be translucent

Menu

34 unchanging

M

maremaria

Hi all,

I decided to use a “tool” in order to achieve something. There are pros and cons but generally it is considered an efficient tool. Anyway, after thinking a lot about it , and be give some reassuring reading about using it , decided to say yes.

Today I asked Yi “what do I need to know about using that tool” and got 34 unchanging.

Funny, because this tool is used to enhance power and 34 is talking about power, so at a first glance seems good. The reason I asked Yi, is because I’m exploring my , lets say, second thoughts whether this tool can be efficient and effective, and also about my decision to use it. I read Yi’s answer as yes to all but I wonder if my need for affirmation makes me lose another aspect of this reading.

of course i see a kind of warning, or just an advice to be mindful while using it, but i guess there is not something really alarming in that reading, yes ?

So , how would you read it ?

Thanks in advance
Maria

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What do I need to know about using that tool?
34 > 34

☳ ☳
☰ ☰

Hexagram picture: Woman in Labor (Goat's Head)

Overall judgment: Using the tool will change you as well as the material. You may find it exhausting.

This hexagram is an excellent representation of a tool:

☳ action
☰ power

Text:

34J
The Power of the Great. Perseverance furthers.

Take time to develop skill in using this tool.

34I
Thunder in heaven above:
The image of the Power of the Great.
Thus the superior man does not tread upon paths
That do not accord with established order.

The tool should be used appropriately according to conventional values.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Today I asked Yi “what do I need to know about using that tool” and got 34 unchanging.

So , how would you read it ?
WikiWing: "Great vigour combined with steadiness, loyalty to an understanding or principle or chosen course, bears fruit. The challenge is to stand in one’s strength without mistaking it for omnipotence. Hexagram 34 can sometimes mean ‘damage through unrestrained strength’."

Can you give me a hint whether the tool is physical (e.g. a spade), conceptual (e.g. a new programming language) or personal (e.g. a meditation practice or mind development practice)?

Tiger

simon ian

visitor
Reaction score
I will be using the Legge translation exclusively in postings, and original commentary. I humbly think it is the purest, closest.

It is telling you this tool is good to have, but all must be in harmony before you use it. It seems to be saying "you got it, its very effecacious. But think before you use it"

Do you require individual hexagram lines as quotes to support any "reading" I may attempt? Happy if you do.

Sorry if it sounds stupid. It probably is (my interpretation)

Last edited:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
It is telling you this tool is good to have, but all must be in harmony before you use it. It seems to be saying "you got it, its very effecacious. But think before you use it"

That is a great beginning!

simon ian

visitor
Reaction score
That is a great beginning!

:bows:

Just because I couldnt activate it, I did read it often, first I treated it as poetry, then as Taoist metaphor. Now I can see it alive, it all comes clear. It is natural as breathing.

My very first question, a question of desperation of the nature of my essence, gave me 61. This was a huge boost to my spirit and morale.

Last edited:

simon ian

visitor
Reaction score
maremaria, whatever this tool is, I feel you may be using it as a defence against something. Im probably so wrong.

It may be a protective charm, or amulet or spell. It maybe a baseball bat ;) but use it only if you really must, and there is no ambiguity in your balance, when you do use it.

if there is uncertainty in your motive for using it, it may retard you.

If I am out of line. Tell me to sod off. (olde Englishe) ;)

Last edited:
M

maremaria

maremaria, whatever this tool is, I feel you may be using it as a defence against something. Im probably so wrong.

It may be a protective charm, or amulet or spell. It maybe a baseball bat ;) but use it only if you really must, and there is no ambiguity in your balance, when you do use it.

if there is uncertainty in your motive for using it, it may retard you.

If I am out of line. Tell me to sod off. (olde Englishe) ;)

Hi simon and welcome . :)

You got it right !

not a charm or smthing like that, more like a baseball bat, lol .

Last edited:
M

maremaria

This hexagram is an excellent representation of a tool:

☳ action
☰ power

I felt that too, looking at thr trigrams. And the Woman in Labor image you saw at the hex, make sense to me.

Tiger, its a personal tool but not something spiritual. Its like taking vitamins for a cold.

From your answers, and the 34 text, i see what its ok , but have to be careful with the "over-power" thing. Its something that concerm me too, but this reading could be used as a reminder. :rolleyes:

thank you all foer your help
Maria

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Yes its okay to use a tool, such as a gun, to threaten someone/warn them, but don't get carried away and shoot the person.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).