...life can be translucent

Menu

Where?

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with these readings. I am currently looking for a job - teaching for a year in either China or South Korea. I am applying for jobs in both countries but realise I need to focus - figure out where I want to be. Or, if that's not possible, the best place for me in the long run - I feel I need conviction now.

I asked the I ching for a general reading on China: 27; South Korea: 50.
Parallel readings in the sense that they both talk of food - in China needing it, in South Korea getting it? hmm..

I am due for an interview with a primary school in Suzhou. China tomorrow - I asked for a reading of this prospect: 13.3,4 > 42
I think this could be reflecting my slight distrust of chinese schools. We weren't treated very well by the school I worked at before and I previously accepted a job which I had to cancel after reading poor reviews... But in China I think there are less hours and more holidays which would be good for doing other work...

Committing to South Korea
14.5,6 > 43
I need to decide in order to obtain something valuable here? Knock on doors more loundly? It is more competitive in SK (higher wage, standard of living, etc.)

I then asked what will happen if I return to China? Hex 49
Could be suggesting a good change, but in a previous reading it transpired that what I was asking about was overthrown...

What if I make a new start in South Korea? 8.2 > 29
Hmm... social issues? I do actually know a few people there at the mo. So that's a good thing, but I do have that slight fear of commitment (as reflected by hex 29) I suppose I have that vague insecurity of gah they've met me and we've got on but if they get to know me more...

I guess I am leaning towards South Korea - heard good things about it and had a fab holiday there with a good friend (who won't be there when I go though but I met some of her friends and she may return next year), but then I've started learning Chinese and felt I'd like to continue, and while I was there that I defs would return, there's places I never got to see that I'd like to... And the I ching connection, but if you take a look at the korean flag there are the 4 trigrams....

In light of these readings what do you see in my indecision?
Thanks for any interpretations
:bows:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What you said about 49 previously meaning something was overthrown....same in my experience especially unchanging. Its not that theres this revolution people make out but you shed the situation...like a skin, and in that respect i sometimes find it hard to distinguish 49 and 23 since for me 49 unchanging is often actually shedding. You may well have already had quite enough of China and be shedding it as we speak rendering how it might be a sort of redundant question ?

Overall i feel SK is the better option, at least the more rewarding option. 14>43 wealth in your decision

8.2 is i think about where your heart really is now...it seems from your answer you have some kind of heart connection with SK...compare that to the 49 unchanging...SK just seems where you really feel you belong more. I see the 29 as the unknown because 8.2 is very much a feeling, theres not much outer to confirm it but it is there so you have to trust it...having to trust the unknown with the heart connection is where i see the 29 coming in

Of course you might do neither...is it absolutely definite that you intend to do one or the other ?

Last edited:

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks so much. Yes - well maybe the difference between 49 and 23 is that 49 speaks of something that was useful - was a necessary skin - but isn't any more and so the natural course is that it is shed and left in the past. 23 is more - I think - about a desire that is being undermined by negative/inferior people or voices inside you, which are rendering a situation hopeless? But if you keep still, something of this past or desired situation can be salvaged and grow into something related to it? Not sure if that makes too much sense but I generally see 49 as a natural process of moving on whereas 23 is an unfair situation which can't be helped?

I like the way you describe 14-43 as describing wealth in my decision - I have been offered a job that meets my requirements in South korea so I do feel that I've decided now what to follow - and it feels good!

8.2 - your description is very close to how I feel. I feel that I do/could belong there but I am afraid of making that commitment. But that I still must trust this unknown because it's offering me connection. As long as I'm sincere I needen't be afraid of the depths - which are after all the most rewarding.

Yes - at the moment I feel this is my only option. Teaching abroad is great experience and a great way to meet new people and generally feel stimulated and excited - part of things. That's how I've felt travelling before anyway. And it'd be good for me to commit to something. Having learnt a little about teaching - what works and what doesn't - I feel far more prepared and determined to do better.

Thanks Trojan ;)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks so much. Yes - well maybe the difference between 49 and 23 is that 49 speaks of something that was useful - was a necessary skin - but isn't any more and so the natural course is that it is shed and left in the past. 23 is more - I think - about a desire that is being undermined by negative/inferior people or voices inside you, which are rendering a situation hopeless? But if you keep still, something of this past or desired situation can be salvaged and grow into something related to it? Not sure if that makes too much sense but I generally see 49 as a natural process of moving on whereas 23 is an unfair situation which can't be helped?

Thanks Trojan ;)

excellent observation IMO ;)...yup i feel 49 very much to be around a natural process of shedding/change, organic, not something one really has to force in anyway

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
What you said about 49 previously meaning something was overthrown....same in my experience especially unchanging. Its not that theres this revolution people make out but you shed the situation...like a skin, and in that respect i sometimes find it hard to distinguish 49 and 23 since for me 49 unchanging is often actually shedding. You may well have already had quite enough of China and be shedding it as we speak rendering how it might be a sort of redundant question ?

Really interesting commentary on 49, great distinction about the meaning of "revolution," which isn't so much an overthrow maybe as a change of heart/focus. It rings true to me that 49 is more like putting something off, discarding the interest or influence; whereas, 23 is something collapsing or being purposely dismantled or shorn.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I find it hard to distinguish between the two because I really have never found 23 any more painful or unpleasant to experience than 49 though I know many do. Infact 23.3 is good news, you feel so much better without them ! I find 23 can be quite a relief...clears the decks anyway ! And the shedding in 49 though seasonal can still be felt as loss ...thats why i don't get why people generally see 23 as a kind of 'worse' answer than 49

23 is erosion isn't it, which is a natural thing too but maybe there is more often a political aspect to it as Em said ? I guess any hexagram can have natural sort of organic aspect and a more political one...but people tend to see 23 more as others undermining them.., in the lines as something to be avoided...but everything erodes in time, even a 'good' mans influence

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, political seems to often be an aspect of Hex 23, even just personal "politics" that collapse the underlying structure. And I've seen Hex 23 quite often as an indicator of impending divorce or separation in a relationship, in cases where people are so estranged there's just nothing left to say, not even fighting it anymore, and the marriage caves in from lack of any connection or feeling rather than active contention.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).