...life can be translucent

Menu

something new to do

H

hebe

Hi its Hebe

I was very impressed with a horse healer who helped us over the weekend and he sensed my interest in his work. When I confirmed this he suggested I look at 2 courses he was offering with his school - one a a 2 part short equine massage course and secondly a year's part-time course on natural healing for horses and dogs. As it took my interest so much I thought well maybe that might offer me a new direction. When I asked about the short course and what the outcome would be if I branched out with this I got hexagram 11. Inspired I asked sincerely about doing the longer course and got 23 with lines 3 and 5.

I think I understand it correctly in telling me to hold off and not try to fill the void too quickly with a new direction. Yes, go ahead with the equine massage but although I was not so sure about the line 5 as this suggested a possibility of 'nothing will not benefit from this' - Stephen Karcher. But in my last thread I remember being advised to really look deeply at the hexagram first. ' It will not bring you profit to have a plan or direction' stephen karcher again. General 'feeling' is to hold off at this point.

Would you agree?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Both answers are saying go for it, therefore you have a choice, either the shorty or the long one or both.

Hex 11 is good, , using your new found skills to help others.

While 23.3,5 changes to 53 development/progress. Line 23.3 seems to me to suggest some people in your circle may not be too happy but take no notice as line 23.5 indicates that following your own desire will bring you success and happiness.

It seems like a good and useful direction to go in.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
A quick note about Karcher, I find his interpretations mostly "off" and at times very strange indeed, like he's guessing or something.

H

hebe

Thanks Willowfox - it does feel like a good development - especially as I am surrounded by horses here at work for the time-being although I don't have anything to do with them work wise. As the Rosen Method takes 4 years this could be a good 'something to get me going in the field of healing' whilst I do the part-time Rosen as well.

I must admit for me, Karcher often says something simple which I can relate to as I am really new to the I Ching and I also have the Bryan Browne book which seems to be more of the spiritual take on what is the correct path/choice. But mostly, I get a little confused unless the answer is very straight forward & takes me a bit longer to digest the answer. That's why at this stage of such change in my life I've been asking a number of questions in recent weeks with the aid of shared readings for insight. Your help is always a support thank you, Hebe

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Stephen Karcher's line texts are so "off" sometimes and following them when I was younger really got me into trouble. However, his contributions in other ways are so astounding, and I would not dismiss his writings on divination in general and the hexagrams in particular.

How can one argue against hexagram 11 with no lines moving? In the entire I Ching, hexagram 11 unchanging is one of the most auspicious hexagrams for long-term flourishing and prosperity. You couldn't possibly receive a better response ... This is a dream right on the verge of becoming a reality.

H

hebe

How encouraging Ginnie!! - doesn't that feel good! (Well to me anyway!). Interesting that hexagram 11 is for the one day course and one day follow up - whereas the year course which starts immediately (as opposed to Aug 31st for the 1 day course) got the 23 with lines 3 and 5. - which Willowfox also said was good - but I didn't get such a strong feeling from. Who knows why the short day would receive that - only time will tell ...Thanks for your input, always welcome!

With regards to Stephen Karcher - I got it because of Hilary's recommendation and wouldn't really know what other book to use - I also got the Huang I Ching complete but find it not quite as easy to relate to & therefore not sure what the answer is at all. At least Karcher gives me a sense of which way to go. I must admit I got quite lost on the intro to Total I Ching which Hilary also recommended & I suppose I am using it for guidance to questions rather than a deeper path in itself. do you recommend any other books for beginners yourself? Thanks, Hebe

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
whereas the year course which starts immediately got the 23 with lines 3 and 5.

Something's going on with that one-year course that you don't know about right now. Seems that there are students taking that one-year course who are undermining the leadership. Should you enroll in that school, you'll run into trouble with these other students. If you decide to stay, you'd do okay by staying in contact with the leader. But the I Ching has let you know that the learning environment in that school is far from ideal.

If you decide to stay in the one-year course, other people will join you in supporting the leader.

I'm not sure what the eventual outcome is.

Maybe if you take the short course, you'll get a good glimpse of what's going on behind the scenes at that school that is eroding the learning environment ...

do you recommend any other books for beginners yourself?

I'm a great fan of I Ching written by John Blofeld, first published in 1968 in hardcover. It's now available in paperback.

The Blofeld is concise. John Blofeld said that he wrote this book because he didn't have all day to study the definitive edition, which had already been published by Wilhelm/Baynes.

The I Ching Workbook by R.L. Wing has a paragraph on each unchanging hexagram. I have found that feature to be very helpful.

If you stick with it, you'll definitely get better and better as time goes on at interpreting the I Ching as it applies to your own particular situation. I find having I Ching books with different points of view to be very helpful, so personally I keep quite a few of them on hand. :)

H

hebe

Thanks for that very useful information Ginnie - that goes with my original intuitive gut feeling - do the equine massage and leave the year course. The hexagram, as you say, was so positive for the short course and who knows what other openings that will reveal. I liked the owner of the school very much but the lady who owned the horse, who had the healing, had her hackles put up as she didn't like his 'ego'. Personall I'm not sure who had the bigger one - but on the whole I thought he was very genuine and although a little full on perhaps, his heart was very much in the right place as far as I was concerned.

The books you suggest seem very appropriate for me - thanks - I'll find them on amazon. Hebe

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).