...life can be translucent

Menu

Serious question about my health

scarlettgirl

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. It's been a little while since I've been here. I have a really serious health issue that's been keeping me up for a few nights. About 7 months ago I found a lump in my breast but knew that some sort of mass has always been there since my early twenties and didn't think too much of it. Lately, it's been really bothering me - mentally, not physically - and so I went in for a checkup. The doctor doesn't seem too concerned, even though the lump is the size of golf ball, citing various reasons - the physical signs aren't there in the lump for cancer apparently but he's sending me for testing. I can't get in for tests until the end of the week and now I'm just so worried that I can't sleep. So I consulted the yi and asked - is the lump in my breast cancer? It gave me hexagram 61 changing at line 2 to hexagram 42. The second hexagram 42 really scares me for some reason - increase. Wow. Could someone please help me with this? Thanks. :)

Last edited:

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi! I can imagine how worried you must be, after all it is not just your health, but estethics as well. I'm not a good Yi ching reader, but I have certain intuitions, especially lately. I tend to agree with your docs opinion, I think whatever it is it's benign, Has to be checked though anyways. And even though it is extremely hard for you right now in any case it's in your best interest to sleep well and not worry. Worry on its own can be a very powerful and damaging emotion to the physical body. Go for a jog, do something to exert yourself physically so you'll get tired and fall asleep. Doctor is sending you there to be on the safe side. Hope things turn out well for you.

-CC

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Is the lump in my breast cancer?
61.2 > 42

☴ ☴
☱ ☳

Hexagram pictures: Nest, Plastron

Hexagram 61 pictures a nest, among the hexagrams a good symbol for a breast. The increase in 42 was originally an increase in information, which is exactly what you need. I see no indication of cancer in this casting. Also, you have had this lump for decades. Why should it be cancerous now? I worry about health
things too, but so far the things I worry about haven't turned into real problems.

scarlettgirl

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much to both of you for your replies. Yes, I've been worrying over this way too much. It's just scary because the lump seems to have gotten bigger and firmer somehow, or maybe I'm just noticing it more, not sure. I'm still being proactive about it because that's the only thing that will ease my mind over the whole matter. Thanks again. :)

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
It can change throughout your cycle, it's normal. Exercise, meditate, good diet, all the usual drill you know.

-CC

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
May I suggest that you get a full check of up of everything that might be wrong with you, because the lump may in fact be tied to some other affliction you have. 61.2 in my medical I Ching book indicates breast problems, but the overall indications of the hexagram are not limited to the breast. Generally speaking, it is wise to check up on everything from the kidneys to viral conditions, etc..

scarlettgirl

visitor
Reaction score
That sounds really ominous actually. Do you mean that it could be a widespread condition throughout the body or that it could be cancer and have spread? Thanks.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Line 61.2 is a very welcoming line, a mother calling her young, as they are related to each other by blood.

Therefore the "lump" seems to be a natural part of you, much like one of those fatty lumps that seem to spring up all over the body.

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
It;s interesting, I did not even read the lines, but something about a mother came up. No when I see WF post, I'm wondering may be your mom had something similar?

-CC

scarlettgirl

visitor
Reaction score
I just wanted to give an update on this situation - after nearly five weeks I finally got all of my results back (had to see my dr, a radiologist and a breast surgeon) and the results came back benign on the lesion in my breast - no cancerous cells present. Yay!! The surgeon believes that it's only scar tissue. It seemed like overkill for them to perform so many tests but at least I'm perfectly healthy. Just wanted to let you know the outcome. :)

patro

visitor
Reaction score
hey good news :)

do you remember what did you feel and think about at time you put the question to IC?
I mean was you thinking: it can't be cancer... I hope it's not a cancer... or something similar

cheers

scarlettgirl

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, yes very good news for me today. :) Actually, the question that I asked was very much in line with my thoughts - is the lump cancer? I remember being quite panicked at the time because my MD said that it was suspicious enough to warrant investigation but the question is exactly what I was thinking. I hope that helped. :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).