...life can be translucent

Menu

How can I let my creativity flow? Hec 11.1 -> 46

myladythunder

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everybody

I asked the Yi: How can I let my creativity flow?

I promised my sister, who is pregnant, to design a birth announcement card.

I used to love drawing, but the last couple of years there has been a blockage to my creativity so i draw less and less these days. I had an art education but didn't finish it. It seems that every time I want to start drawing this pressure keeps building up inside of me and I end up doing all kinds of other stuff, from cleaning the entire kitchen to following up my administration. These are both chores I tend to put off because I don't like them, ironically.

Hex 11 says it all.. Flow :bag: Except I don't know how to channel the flow!
Some clarification would be much appreciated...

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
11.1 as a whole means that everything will go the way you want it, if you do not be arrogant, remiss, careless, or negligent. You take care to do what you're supposed to do, and then things will sprout nicely.

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
Explore, feel, unblock all the negative feelings you have towards your sister. Feel the pure love without jealousy, envy or whatever. Then it will come. it seems that one part of you does not want to do it.

By the way, I have no idea where is this answer coming from. Take it with the grain of salt please
-CC

myladythunder

visitor
Reaction score
Explore, feel, unblock all the negative feelings you have towards your sister. Feel the pure love without jealousy, envy or whatever. Then it will come. it seems that one part of you does not want to do it.

By the way, I have no idea where is this answer coming from. Take it with the grain of salt please
-CC

Hi Cutiecat,

My sister is not only my closest familymember, but also my best and most trusted friend. So maybe it's just me wanting to give a perfect design that's blocking me... Or the fact that the father of her child is a successful interior designer :)

You know what? You're right, I should just focus on the pure love, not over-analyze possible underlying motives.

Thanks Cutiecat! :D

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
No problem. Glad I said something helpful for a change. And sorry if I said something out of the line about your relationship with her. My intuition is still developing :)
And one more thing, it's Ok to have "bad" feelings towards our best friends, and closest people.
It is unrealistic to think that only good feelings can exist in any human relationship. I love my best friends, yet she angers me sometimes, hurts me, or even makes me jealous. It's quite alright.

-CC

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
How about you go and talk with your sister's husband and make it a joint venture, surely he can give you the necessary inspiration that you need.

myladythunder

visitor
Reaction score
Goodmorning Cutiecat :)

I just wanted to tell you that I took all of this in account when i read your reply, absolutely no offense taken.

Of course it's natural to have 'bad' feelings towards to people you love. You helped me a lot yesterday, actually! I made a couple of really nice sketches and in the process of creating them I got into such a good mood! I woke up this morning with the same abundant good mood :) The sketches are good beginning, and this was al I really needed. A beginning.

HI Willowfox, tomorrow i'm visiting my sister and her husband, a joint venture was already part of the idea. Me doing the basic sketches and him finishing the lay out.

Thanks again everyone!

Warm regards

Myladythunder

myladythunder

visitor
Reaction score
Fyi,

we had a very clarifying conversation about what my sister and her husband wanted from me. What they wanted was a drawing from me, something personal to integrate in the birth announcement card. I showed them a couple of my scetches and in the end we agreed it we be a better idea for me to make a big illustration, something to put up in the room for the baby :)

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I have a friend who also received an art education and even had her work hung in group shows a number of times. Yet for a long time she wouldn't tell anybody she was 'an artist.' She didn't feel she couldn't claim that, because of difficulties with her own creative flow.

46 means you can't get anywhere in one big jump. But I always take it to mean you're going in the right direction. Everything depends on you, but nothing will be given to you. You are the one who has to take all the little steps on the road to success.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).