...life can be translucent

Menu

At Long Last

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Six months ago, I first asked about this relationship, which has since been through various ups and downs. Most recently I decided to let go and stop wondering about this man; leave him to his own thoughts. I thought that would be an end of it. But, after a week or so of silence, he began turning up along the way with apparent "serendipity." Now I realise, he was making opportunities to talk. And today he's asked me to the theatre next week, which I accepted.

Now I want to know if this is for real and what to expect from here forward. I'm never good at phrasing relationship questions, but here goes. I asked "What is the future effect of this evening out?" The result: Hexagram 42.1.2.4.5, becoming Hexgram 64. I'm never that happy with Hexagram 64 because I simply can't relate to it's significance in a practical situation. The changing lines look marvelous -- I always love the ten thousand tortoises line that sounds just abundantly positive -- but when the outcome is 64 I'm just concerned because that is relatively meaningless to me.

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
64 means that nothing is accomplished of finished. In divination, it simply means that things are not very good right now, but they will get better. So essentially, the 42 indicates that you are doing very well, but you won't get the matter completed. There is more to do.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Not A Single Outcome

Six months ago, I first asked about this relationship, which has since been through various ups and downs. Most recently I decided to let go and stop wondering about this man; leave him to his own thoughts. I thought that would be an end of it. But, after a week or so of silence, he began turning up along the way with apparent "serendipity." Now I realise, he was making opportunities to talk. And today he's asked me to the theatre next week, which I accepted.

Now I want to know if this is for real and what to expect from here forward. I'm never good at phrasing relationship questions, but here goes. I asked "What is the future effect of this evening out?" The result: Hexagram 42.1.2.4.5, becoming Hexgram 64. I'm never that happy with Hexagram 64 because I simply can't relate to it's significance in a practical situation. The changing lines look marvelous -- I always love the ten thousand tortoises line that sounds just abundantly positive -- but when the outcome is 64 I'm just concerned because that is relatively meaningless to me.
The resulting hexagram should not be what you focus on, no matter what the answer. You should be focused here on Increase, and the different Increase situations.

You have four changing lines, and that is like having four different future situations to focus on, and those events are like possible futures each one in and of itself. Depending on how you act, some of those futures will change. So there is not simply one outcome; the world is not that simple, and there is a place for free will. Your destiny is not written in stone, but instead in a malleable material:)

Tiger

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

The outcome isn't 64. 64 is the context, the situation, the background, where you and he are at now. Upon that backdrop of things being 'up in the air', unfinished, out of place seems to me you have the chance to get some good energy going...to maybe organise and utilize (42) all this unfinished stuff thats just been left hanging (64)

To me the lines in 42 ask you to let yourself go with this, don't hold back, enjoy and give of yourself fully and the more you put in the more you get out. Its a nice reading for a date !

I don't agree with Tiger in that with many lines i don't like to see them as stages I find the picture the 2 hexagrams give, the image it gives speaks louder than any individual line. Here you could read it as "unfinished blessing" or the other way about "blessing unfinished". i think i prefer the first...a blessing still in the making

Disclaimer: relationship questions and answers are always tricky IMO

Last edited:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I'm relieved to think of Hexagram 64 as context, not outcome. And that makes ultimate sense in terms of unfinished business. There are two years of two steps forward, one and a half steps backward in this relationship. It seems to have taken both of us a millenium to let the guard down and just be ourselves. But we may finally be there. It's like we each had the idea the other was "stuffy" and when I gave up and said "who cares -- I am what I am" things got friendly overnight. Who knew? I suppose it's always best to just relax.

I'm thinking about Tiger's idea that each of the four changing lines in Hex 42 could be a different possible "incarnation" of this relationship. I don't see anything negative in any of them but must admit "moving the city" doesn't ring any bells. Do you see distinct "futures" in these lines Tiger, or steps to take? I was originally looking at them as nuances, aspects of the situation overall and how it could develop as a fuller understanding of one another, rather than distinct paths.

Trojan what you are saying is my best-of-all-worlds scenario and resonnates with my highest hopes . It is an occasion to just have some fun -- and believe me I'm all ready for that idea. I love music theatre having worked as a producer and seen precious little lately, especially of this quality. And, of course, here is this person I've wanted to know better for two years, and we always seem to be at dinner parties and sandwiched into a restaurant "group" or meet up briefly in public -- but it's always the same old territory, never knowing more about the man. So this is finally an opportunity in a number of ways. I'm not seeing any cautions in the lines and I'm really pleased with the idea of this relationship as an "unfinished blessing," since that feels instinctively true and it's wonderful to have that feeling corroborated. So far, so good.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I guess theres no reason you can't see the lines as stages/differing outcomes and the overall picture, neither is right or wrong just different emphasis...seeing the picture close up or far away, the whole picture or bits of the picture..or ideally both

In practise I'm just still not sure about the lines in stages...as in first line 1 happens then line 2 etc...The 4 different scenarios seems alot for a brain to cope with

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I guess theres no reason you can't see the lines as stages/differing outcomes and the overall picture, neither is right or wrong just different emphasis...seeing the picture close up or far away, the whole picture or bits of the picture..or ideally both

In practise I'm just still not sure about the lines in stages...as in first line 1 happens then line 2 etc...The 4 different scenarios seems alot for a brain to cope with

I'm just wondering whether the lines lend themselves better to one scenario or the other: steps, different futures/paths, or aspects of a whole picture. For instance, I don't visualise, if they are different future path possibilities, what each distinct path would look like? How would I know what I might have passed up/relinquished in behaving a certain way? How would I know which of the lines I was "living out?" Tiger, did you have any special thoughts on this?

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
I do not mean to offend anyone, but I somehow feel I might. You made a very good decision to leave this man to his own thoughts, and he seemed to be very undecided himself. If I were you I would not count on anything solid and loving with him. Again, this has nothing to do with Yi, just a feeling, please take it as such.

-CC

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked "What is the future effect of this evening out?" The result: Hexagram 42.1.2.4.5, becoming Hexagram 64.

It's a start, like putting in the foundations of a building, it grows, the relationship grows in the same way, brick upon brick. Therefore a good beginning gives one the potential of a good ending.

Hex 64 is a means to an end, it advises caution in how you proceed with this man as he is like brittle ice, but with care you can reach him, and that's the ultimate goal and can indeed be achieved.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, this relationship has always required care and I'm sure there is a tentative side of this to him. On the other hand, I never thought we'd come this far, and so we continue and see how the situation moves along.

As you had said before, WF, this is a man who needs some wooing himself, and I don't think it's so much that he isn't interested but that he's afraid in some ways, based upon his tragic experience before. He's the kind of person who needs bedrock beneath him and lots of reassurance. And I think that was the case even before his marriage ended tragically. You had said before this would heat up in the Summer, and that is indeed what seems to be happening although I'd just given up.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
If today is any indication, this relationship is moving at light speed now for reasons I simply can't explain. Something has monumentally changed and I am hearing from this guy at all turns with increasing interest and involvement. Hex 42 must be extremely powerful. The Hex 64 must have been the initial context of unfinished business and slip-sliding around. That seems entirely gone now. WOW, what a difference. When he turns the light on it is QUITE bright -- and seems to require no special assistance from me. This is a whole new speed.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).