...life can be translucent

Menu

Relief in the Offing?

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the Yi about possibilities for finding relief from longstanding financial dilemmas and received the reading: Hex 29, changing lines two and five, becoming Hex 2.

This is of course about "chasms" which doesn't sound very wonderful, except that the subject is floating downstream as i understand it, between sheer cliffs and looking for a place to climb out, so at least not drowned -- yet. In line two, there isn't a level place to emerge, the cliffs are too high. And so we meander a bit further and by changing line 5, conditions have changed a little bit and it looks possible that the querent has a chance to pull back from disaster before going over the crashing waterfalls further on and being crushed -- at least that the sort of mental image I have.

And then we come out with Hex 2, where maybe consistency and perserverance keep things on an even keel into the longer term. Seems realtively positive on the surface of it -- although no promise of any rapid recovery as yet. Thoughts anyone?

gato

visitor
Reaction score
29.2 things are about to change ... you hit the bottom

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked the Yi about possibilities for finding relief from longstanding financial dilemmas and received the reading: Hex 29, changing lines two and five, becoming Hex 2.

Thoughts anyone?
Well Line 2 indicates only small gains are possible right now. But in Line 5, the waters are calmer and the gods are more peaceful. Line 5 connects to H7, so you should organize yourself for a period in the future when larger gains will be more possible.

Tiger

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Both lines indicate that there isn't a whole lot you can do at the moment, its enough if you can keep your head above water until the lifeboat comes. Therefore the more you struggle the more often you go under, so relax and let it come to you naturally.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, relax and float downstream seems to be the message. At the moment, I'll be moving in four weeks, having shot myself in the foot by improving the place I'm in -- which allowed the landlady to sell it from under me. She'd apparently tried to sell twice before I came here with no result, even in a wonderful market. I just made it too attractive!

I have a child home from university just now who is ill, but improving. We've put her almost back on her feet by seeking private care -- at a price. Even in social medicine it's sometimes the only way if you'd like to recover in this lifetime rather than the next. That's another dent in the coffers, but no other choice was possible.

With what remains in the savings I could pay off just over half our debt, and I've thought that might be intelligent. So I've asked the YI, "Should I use this money to pay off debt now?"

The reading: Hexagram 2.3 changing to Hexagram 15.

Hmmmmm. I'll post that much and go think a minute.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
The confusing aspect of 2.3 for me in this case is that I would normally interpret this line as, "don't try to take credit", but just make your best effort and let benefits accrue as they will. And the language is very money oriented but, in most cases, would apply to a different sort of "accomplishment" or "completion" and I'm not sure if I can apply the words "credit" and "accrual" in a monetary sense, or only a figurative one. And if the idea of not taking credit were seen literally in this instance, I guess I should pay off what I can of the debt and not use credit? Is that stretching the vocabulary of this line far past where it should go?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
So I've asked the YI, "Should I use this money to pay off debt now?"

Line 2.3 suggests yes as it is about not attracting attention by becoming or by being seen as a bad debtor, therefore you should try to bring your debt to a "completion".

Hex 15 carries on with the story, as it is about balance, like in balancing the books by reducing what is too much, your debt by giving the bank your hard earned money. Its about making the bank's coffers full while reducing your debt, thus avoiding complications later on, like all that extra interest you would have to pay.

Therefore the superior woman knows that the best thing to do is to pay off the debt, thus reducing the escalating interest.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
No Kudos

With what remains in the savings I could pay off just over half our debt, and I've thought that might be intelligent. So I've asked the YI, "Should I use this money to pay off debt now?"

Hmmmmm.
I would take this as a strong vote of confidence in your plan...have a look at this text from the WikiWing: Does it feel like this?

So your inner quality is constant, and you have important work to do – and this doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll have anything to show for it. But when you individually enjoy ‘no accomplishment’, get no kudos, the greater work can still be completed. Maybe your efforts are part of something on a scale beyond your comprehension.

Tiger

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, Tiger, that really strikes home. I realise when I've handed over my hard-earned cash in exchange for clearing debt I'll feel a bit lighter in lots of ways but, mainly, in the sense that I've reduced background issues that make me feel "poor" no matter what else I do. I hate the psychological weight of debt and it makes me feel stuck and somehow helpless/hopeless. As Willow Fox points out, the interest payments over years soon mount up and I'm throwing away money on those as well. To be rid of a good chunk of that debt and all its consequences will let in a bit of sunshine -- even though I'm well aware that nobody else will see it. Brilliant piece from WikiWing.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).