...life can be translucent

Menu

To leave or stay in the job?

anjang

visitor
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am in a job that i don't really enjoy. More than half the time, my heart is elsewhere. I am completely unmotivated, unless there is a dateline to meet.

But i stay on because the pay is good, and it is familiar (like an old habit i suppose) to a certain extent, and trying something else just seems scary.

Events have transpired and now i have to make a decision whether i want to stay or leave.

My readings were:

What if I leave?
58.2.3 > 8

What if I stay and be motivated?
12.4 > 20

Leaving seems like a 'joyous' decision as hex 58 suggests. And 8 seems like a nice hexagram too.

But the line in hex 12.4 sounds good as well. As if it would be correct as a mandate has been passed upon it.

What do you guys think?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
What if I leave?
58.2.3 > 8

******Line 58.2 suggests that if you don't like the place then leave, while line 58.3 suggests the pay may indeed be good but it comes at the expense of your happiness. So, the question is, do you like the pay, and if you do then grin and bear it. But if you hate the place and are not dependent upon the pay then leave as the place will just continue to bore you.

12.4 > 20

****Motivated is the crucial word here. If you like the money, then let the thought of the money motivate you, and just look forward to the end of each week for your money. Staying on requires you to make a sacrifice, you will continue to dislike the place but surely the pay packet can help balance out the good and bad points of the job.

G

goddessliss

Hi guys

I am in a job that i don't really enjoy. More than half the time, my heart is elsewhere. I am completely unmotivated, unless there is a dateline to meet.

But i stay on because the pay is good, and it is familiar (like an old habit i suppose) to a certain extent, and trying something else just seems scary.

Events have transpired and now i have to make a decision whether i want to stay or leave.

My readings were:

What if I leave?
58.2.3 > 8

12.4 > 20

Leaving seems like a 'joyous' decision as hex 58 suggests. And 8 seems like a nice hexagram too.

But the line in hex 12.4 sounds good as well. As if it would be correct as a mandate has been passed upon it.

What do you guys think?

Hi anjang,

I think to leave would make you feel joyous initially (58.3) but would not really fix what is causing your real disatisfaction which generally comes from within ourselves. So initially you feel better but what then, (58.4) says there must be something more in you that is not making you happy. Hexagram 8 here means getting in touch with your inner self.

To stay and be motivated may just give you the time you need to rethink your decision and to realise that you do have choices 12.4 and when you find what is taking place inside yourself and sort out that disatisfaction, others may you see in a different light Hex 20 and relate to you accordingly making your job a whole different place to be.

hope that helps
Melissa

anjang

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you willowfox and melissa - you are both correct.

This job saps me of "life force" and I am therefore bored, restless and cannot find happiness in doing it.

However, I do recognise that the problem could lie within me - I see this job as temporary, only to tide me over until I find a job that I truly like. It is perhaps this perception that needs to be changed. On the other hand, I wonder if there is no job that a person will truly enjoy? Or is everyone just adapting to a job that they so happen to be in and making the best of it and taking everything positively, thereby growing?

anjang

visitor
Reaction score
I asked again

What do I have to know about quitting my job now?

34.3.4 > 19

Is this favorable or not? Line 3 is bad - there is entanglement. Line 4 seems good - free from entanglement.

:confused:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Is this favorable or not?

If you want to be free of "entanglements" then simply leave as the door is open, and it suggests that you will find alternative work elsewhere.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).