...life can be translucent

Menu

18 and 7 for dealing with a new relationship

oponopono

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Someone new as entered my life. It felt good to start with, a very gentle and caring man, but as time progresses I don't see my feelings growing any deeper, and I'm often having doubts about what is it I am feeling.

I asked for an overall image of what's up in this relationship and got
18 (2,3) > 23

I know I have a lot of repair to do in myself and my emotional life, if that is what line 2 points to, me being the mother; but line 3 also refers a father. Him? He seems pretty stable and emotionally resolved... Are we coming together for some sort of mutual emotional healing? We do treat each other awfully nice....
23 doesn't sound so promising... could we be stripping away old wounds?

What is the best approach i can have towards this new relationship?
7 (2,5) > 8

somehow I read this as a suggestion to stay at the center of action, perhaps also centered in the multiplicity of my feelings, line 5 says there is game in this field, but I should avoid talking about my (lack of) deep engagement... the older person will govern the army, that is no doubt him, he is 20 years older than me. But I carry the corpses? What could that possibly mean...??
Hum, persistence finds pitfalls...

I have mixed feelings about these responses, which only mirror my own mixed feelings. Overall this doesn't sound very promising or long lasting, but there is a sense of "go for it", at least in 7.2.... perhaps we should stay united (8) until the decayed has been repaired (18) ?

That could be a lifetime :)

Thank you for your views...
Yoana

patro

visitor
Reaction score
hey Yoana,

18->23
you are trying to repair the decay in your relation... but what the relation need is the elimination of outmoded elements. in few words... a new start!
without a new start stripping away is to expect!

about 7-> 8 it seams that you need an organization like an army corps... detailed planes about the to do... when to do and how to do! you need an external councilor! some one that have no interest and can listen you and give you the right direction!

this is just my though! hope to help!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
18 (2,3) > 23

***Its decaying, its slowly falling apart as your heart just isn't in it, those niggly negative feelings are crowding out what you originally felt for the guy. These things happen, what we thought was a knight in shining armor turns out to be just a dull man.

7 (2,5) > 8

***Well, if your enthusiasm for the man is waning and dieing nothing can make it comes alive again. So, there's only one approach left. Find a man who is compatible.

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Yoana
You seem to think that the relationship is not going to be long lasting. You may well be right !! It's important to remember here that we very often get in life what we wish for.
18 (2,3) > 23
The overall image in the relationship is indeed one of repair and for you tp walk gently with your wounds and do not be harsh on yourself or others. There is a reality check needed here and you can go out on a limb to make whatever you want work - it's perhaps differently from how you have reacted in these situation before. If you want give it a go, give it all you can. What's the worst that can happen? And if that happens then it was meant to be.

7 (2,5) > 8
The best approach is to look on this relationship with kindness and to give to it what you believe most strongly is the most you can give to it. Make a clear decision of what you can give to it and then align yourself behind that decision. No half measures. Have fun in whatever it is you decide and be open to new ideas as they breeze through your mind. This will help you to bring many things to a new perspective.

Be Well
Mike

Last edited:

oponopono

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your support, Patro, Willowfox and My_key. In the moment that i read n write these words I am in a very fragile place, as the man in question decided to pop up for a surprise honey-moon week with me. And I that usually love surprises and romantic gestures like that, find myself feeling annoyed, threatened and invaded by his caring approach. He is nothing less than a gentleman with me and I am nothing less than bored.
:confused:

This turned out to be a full merciless mirror of my darkest nature, so i am fully understanding the 18, 3 in it all, but still the other lines and hexagrams don't shed that much light. Your contributions helped tremendously. But i simply don't know where to go from here...

Unfortunately I have to admit Willowfox that you are right in your harsh feedback. (unfortunately because its harsh and not because I dont want you to be right....) but I can't agree that he is a dull man. Why do you say this willowfox?
It's true that I am bored and detached, but doesn't that say more about my emotional immaturity than about his personality? Can anyone be boring when you approach them with a open heart and beginners mind...?
I would love to read your short comment on this.
Because as you may still remember the last man my heart found really "compatible" (as you suggest) walked out on me without a word and another kept other woman in secrecy. That is my idea of exciting? ... Uffff.

My_key, I thank you for your wise words. I fully agree that if I already approach it with self-fullfilling prophecies than i will get just that. But my heart has been pretty unnegotiable and I have been really trying to open up to this guy. There are moments in which I can be fully present, and I do keep exactly that attitude you describe. "Have fun in whatever it is you decide and be open to new ideas as they breeze through your mind." (I really like the way you put it... ! ). We had good moments together. But as weeks roll by and I'm growing more and more distant I ask myself : should falling in love demand so much effort and energy ? shouldn't it feel a bit more like... falling? :)

As I said to start with, right now is a really critical morning. He left to pick up a new car in a nearby city and will be back later on today. And staying for the rest of the week. I feel like changing the locks and putting down the curtains and staying in silence till he goes away.... (not really... I wouldn't do it to anyone... but subjectively THAT IS how it feels... )
Do you find the time and the patience to help me out this one more time?

How to handle the time together until he leaves next week in order to make the possible best out of this situation?

27 unchanging.

This answer made me smile and something rested.
But I'm too clouded.
What do you say?

thank you,
yoana :bows:

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Yoana
How to handle the time together until he leaves next week in order to make the possible best out of this situation?

27 unchanging.

An unchanging hexagram to me can mean this is where yo need to be right now.Accept the situation for what it is.

Only you can say how best to provide the nourishment that you need from this time and how you are going to provide nourishment for those around you. Any suggestions from anyone else are only going to add their flavour to the stew rather than you relying on providing your own seasoning - to the right levels just how you like it.

I like LiSe's words on 27
From all sides we absorb many kinds of things, they all enter our inner space. Be careful what you allow to enter your mind. Watch the food you eat (yes, it enters your mind too!), the information you accept, the thoughts you think, the facts you see, the fantasies you imagine.
They all together fill your soul, they shape your intuition, and they decide what you emanate.

Be Well
Mike

gato

visitor
Reaction score
27 = eat a lot. hopefully, you will be over-weight soon and he will leave you. when that will happen you will fall madly in love and then you have a lot of H18 . just kidding ( or not )

oponopono

visitor
Reaction score
wow gato, I would really love to know the tone in which you write such a thing. It made me laugh and take a healthy distance from my own little drama, but I have to say I find it a dangerous approach that you mirror people like that in such issues that are delicate for them...
what was your intention? ...

Mike, thank you. I love the way you give feedback.
I just want to share that I took on a "27ish state of presence" (in what it means to me) and I really brought my attention to our smallest exchanges, what we cooked, how we talked, what was being nurtured in our being together, and that a beautiful friendship is arising out of all this fear/boredom. Yesterday and this morning was really a revelation for me in being able to see so many of my structures of defense and "war" towards man...

and now we are as close and supportive to each other as possible...

yeah... I feel blessed....

:)
Yoana:)

patro

visitor
Reaction score
hey,
I don't want to take the defense of Gato! he show you a funny way to manage your situation... as starting point he used hex 27.. that have to do with food! and them 18 as advice to lost weight :)

in your first post no words could let think us that the situation was/is very delicate for you!
so please could you send him a :hug:

and now Seriously
........ Yesterday and this morning was really a revelation for me in being able to see so many of my structures of defense and "war" towards man...

and now we are as close and supportive to each other as possible...
is this not similar to a new begin? like a second chance?

cheers

Last edited:

oponopono

visitor
Reaction score
ok ok maybe I overreacted to Gato's answer, I read it somehow violently, that's why I asked him what were his intentions... sorry, it's a contribution like any other, it just has a humorous twist to it, I guess.
Maybe it's because i don't see 27 as eating a lot, but rather being fully aware of all that enters and leaves your system, in this case for me this included thoughts, words, feeling exchange... also I felt questioned: "How are you nurturing this relationship?" which made me turn back to the fact I had a "doomed" label on it all along...

This week turned out to be an unexplainable surprise. He just left back to his city (not so far from mine) and things really turned for us. It feels very close now, I feel very motivated to invest further on our contact, and nevertheless the first feedbacks and willowfox's and patro's still fit. Our relationship needed a revival, Patro, so true. And as partnership goes, I still have to find a man who is more compatible, like WF said.

Even though he feels as close as skin now, and this will go on one way or another, I realized at some point I "havent found home".

Which brings me back to the initial 7 (2,5) > 8 ("What is the best approach i can have towards this new relationship?") I feel somehow Line 2 described this week that just went by, standing at the centre of the conflict and being granted many caring awards and patient talks. And L5 and its image with witch I was so troubled with at first "the young one carries corpses", has to do with this realization that i will "follow this older man" which leads the army (L5) already knowing my heart is dead for love in that one limited partnership sense. The dead body is my own... :eek:
But right now following the older man seems like the only thing to do, even if L5 promises misfortune due to perseverance.
I will find out soon enough what that means...

Beautiful week this was, thank you all for the support
:bows:
Yoana

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).