...life can be translucent

Menu

How to deal with someone at work

zahrah

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently started my dream job (some of you have been very helpful in guiding and reassuring me in the past) and am now splitting my time between two countries in order to do it. This travel happens on weekly basis so I am really exhausted.
In spite of that, things have been going well but I must make sure this doesn't change.

As it happens, I have a real pain of a colleague, a woman not much older than me who exhibits a certain kind of neurosis, is all over the place, quite unclear and with a really domineering attitude which I just cannot stand - especially when I spend my days battling my exhaustion as best as I can, without being fake or passive- aggressive.

She's been quite unpleasant in the past, perhaps without even realizing, as she is probably the most socially inept person I've ever met. I need to stop this from affecting me primarily because I don't want my bosses to see me as a weakling and because I really want to turn this into a permanent job.

So I asked what is the best way to deal with her in the future and got 49.1.2 > 28.

I also asked what I should do when she is obnoxious again and got 33.3.4.6> 8. An incredibly clear message there but very tough to do. Does this mean I shouldn't worry people will see me as her pawn? But how would they not see me as such if I am seemingly ignoring her domineering attitude?

All thoughts are welcome.
Thank you.

Last edited:

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
The most important thing is keep a correct path. 49 requires determination, because it is an effort to overthrow the past. The 28 warns you that the situation is inherently bad. It warns you to evaluate your strengths and weaknesses and choose an appropriate course of action. Rash action will bring defeat. You still can have better luck if you are able to keep your cool and try not to get into complications more than you have. It appears that your difficulties will last for a while, and if you want this job then you will have to ride out the problems with determination.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dream Company, Nightmare Colleague

Hi all,

I've recently started my dream job (some of you have been very helpful in guiding and reassuring me in the past) and am now splitting my time between two countries in order to do it.
Is this the company where you did the reading

"What will my time with company Y be like?" and got 17.1,5 > 16?

I think there is some relevant stuff there that can be examined now that we know what it is about (if this is the same situation?). Let us know.

Tiger

zahrah

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Tiger and Icastes,

I've only checked for replies now, thank you for responding.
Tiger: yes, that is the company. All my questions have pretty much been about the same place.
Icastes: I think what you are saying is relevant but my question was only about the woman I was having problems with. My position on the whole is better and more complex, especially because I work in 2 different offices. Some people I really like and am genuinely glad to be working with them.
As for her, I ended up mentioning the problem in communication to my boss. I didn't say anything else but the fact that I am worried my difficulty in understanding her might lead to our work suffering. And somehow - no clue why - the nightmare lady was angel-sweet on Monday morning when I came in. I was mildly shocked, she even invited me to her house to meet her family (why ?????).
Moreover, I noticed that she, a former biggest-high-school-nerd type, was wearing make up for the first time since I started.
The sudden smiles and preening point me in one direction only - she was jealous of something, insecure.
Either way, it helped to cut the BS, be "determined" and stand my ground. I took the advice from the lines I got in 49 from some of the earlier readings here on Clarity. Apparently, it worked, at least for now. From complete disarray, we are getting somewhere now but we must keep trying as last week was still far from smooth.
As for the company overall - last time I checked for my position and how it fits into my long-term plans, got 49 too; don't remember the lines perfectly but have the whole reading written down somewhere. It fit into how things have been: me feeling like I don't get enough credit but needing to keep on going and be "believed" on my own day.
For example, I am almost finished with my first big project and one of my bosses sent us a work well done e-mail but sort of mentioning me on a sideline when in fact, the work is 90% mine. While that doesn’t feel like much TLC when you are bending over backwards to do well (I won’t even start mentioning the problems I have outside of this work), I know I must go on, unaffected and determined.
As for the weird lady, don't think I'd go visit her home but communication-wise, I am starting to get the idea. Proactive problem-solving makes things happen.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).