...life can be translucent

Menu

why did he retreat 23.3.6>15

G

goddessliss

Hi,
I am a bit upset this afternoon.
I started a relationship with this guy and it was blossoming into something very lovely, he did the initiating of our meetings and most communication and I let him know I was interested just enough without doing any chasing. Then all of a sudden he swiftly retreated but didn't actually say why so I asked the Yi why did he retreat from our relationship Hex 23.3.6>15.
There was just nothing that gave me any indication this was going to happen and we had made future plans etc.
So I also asked is my relationship with him totally over
Hex 60.4.5>54
I am hurt and upset as I did take my time with this one and I liked him very much.
So it I think it would help me to understand what happened here.
thks
Melissa

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Why did he retreat?
23.3.6>15

☶ ☷
☷ ☶

The trigrams in your casting are reversed (diagonally identical), suggesting a reversal in affairs. In my understand, 23 originally described the preparation of the soil (seed bed) for sowing, and 15 the modesty of restrained leadership. Perhaps in planning your future together you went too far ahead of your boyfriend and lost contact.

literunner

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Melissa,
I got the 23.3.6 reading a few weeks ago about a client I have that suddenly stopped giving me work. My understanding of the lines is that something stopped our project from moving but the seed for future movement is still there, ripe. And to continue on in a balanced fashion, carrying things through that are your responsibility here.
So, in my case, I waited a few days and then contacted my client to see if the last items I prepared were done to his liking etc.

After a few days, I heard from him; he had been ill and was recovering. He also wanted to change up some of the ways we were working together. After a bit, he has sent me new marching orders and things are proceeding fine again.

I think this is echoed in your 60.4.5<54 reading--that you are in a secondary position at the moment and to accept the limitation and be patient with the current situation with him until you know more, then you can move in a way that's correct.
Hope that helps :bows:

G

goddessliss

Thanku literunner, we seem to be working through it at a distance, so there is hope yet.
I think its a relationship worth salvaging but it unfortunately it needs to come from him and I sit in a little bit of frustration but your interpretation has inspired me to be patient again. x

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Getting 15 and 54 as relating hexagrams suggests that he is feeling unwell.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Getting 15 and 54 as relating hexagrams suggests that he is feeling unwell.

Ginnie, I see how 54 suggests feeling unwell, but where is this idea in 15? Or is it how 15 and 54 work together?

G

goddessliss

Thks ginnie the unwellness that he was feeling was in the connection of our relationship. Both of us went, what tha? in regards to the 'chemistry'(not just sexual) and both wanting to take it slowly because of major hurt in our seperate past relationships.We seemingly could just not get hold of our emotions which were both making us quite unwell.
Other distinct possibility is, at the time of this reading he may well have had a hangover which stopped him from communicating with me - is that possible with this reading??
Inevitably(in hindsight) it could just not go on at that intensity so although it was a horrible experience we broke apart at basically the same intensity.
But of course it cleared what needed to be cleared so we could keep going but in a different less intense, but just as lovely way.

So poccossin's take - In my understand, 23 originally described the preparation of the soil (seed bed) for sowing, and 15 the modesty of restrained leadership. Perhaps in planning your future together you went too far ahead of your boyfriend and lost contact.
Contact for me meaning breaking the first connection and in a new way and restrained leadership, well neither of us wanted to take the lead with these strong emotions cause of the hurt factor.
but the seeds still being prepared literunners take, coming back together. So thku and I hope this helps others for intepretations.

However, I am still a bit wary about this connection so I asked -

where will this relationship go romantically -
Hex 44.4.5>18

thku and blessings
Melissa

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Ginnie, I see how 54 suggests feeling unwell, but where is this idea in 15? Or is it how 15 and 54 work together?

H15 and H54 can appear interchangeably sometimes, when we have asked multiple questions about the same issue.

15 as the relating hex suggests the phrase, "Be more realistic."

By the time folks get to middle age, I am sure they have made the acquaintance of that "Big Grey Rat" linked in mythology with h15. Are you familiar with the Grey Rat, well-described in the work of Stephen Karcher? It 'can appear suddenly and ominously, standing on its hind legs with forepaws folded. ... This humbling cuts through pride and complication of an over-developed ego.'

The Grey Rat is right on the scene anytime we have over-extended our physical/emotional limits and feel sick because of it. We all need to recognize that we have limitations ...

We can think of doing many things, but, "realistically speaking," do we have the health, energy, and emotional resources to start and finish what we're thinking about? Getting h15 strong suggests that we don't!

In a hex 54 situation we 'are not the one who has chosen.' I have often gotten 54 when suffering from a flu -- certainly an ailment I did not choose but to which I'd need to subordinate myself while waiting for it to run its course.

G

goddessliss

Ginnie,

that is so, so interesting. Thankyou, I can certainly apply to this situation. x

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).