...life can be translucent

Menu

My ex could win me back, but I don't want to be hurt again.

teal

visitor
Reaction score
Or maybe he just wants to be friends? Maybe he doesn't know what he wants.

I was dumped by a boyfriend of 4 and a half years. I was devastated, but I did my best to get over him. One and a half years later, I am so much stronger.

A few days ago, my ex contacted me to let me know he was going to be headed my direction, and would I like to get my things back that I had left at his house? We arranged to meet after I got off work the next day. I asked "what should I expect for tomorrow?" 42.6 For me, it meant that I had gone through a lot of pain and suffering to get to where I am today, and line 6 was a warning to keep my own heart steady, to not fall to pieces at seeing him again.

The first thing he said was "I'm sorry the way things turned out", but I immediately changed the subject. He was friendly, hinted around that he had broken up with his new girlfriend, made some "remember when we..." comments, and he ended up driving the stuff directly to my house just to be nice. I suggested we also fix the cell phone account today (we have to go into Verizon together), and he said we should do it the next time he's in town. And also we should take my dog to play with his sister's dogs.

I handled myself superbly through the visit, and didn't seem too eager. My heart is tough now! But I don't want it to get broken again. I asked "how should I interpret B's behavior?" and got 16, unchanging.

Last edited:
G

goddessliss

Hi Teal,

Hex 16 unchanging in this case is very present moment stuff, meaning it is clear he is enthuastic about your connection at this present moment.
It's always tricky seeing someone you were close to once cause there is that history and that connection.

I have lived through similar except it was a relationship break up of 18 years and I haven't seen or spoken to him since February 2009and I still believe I am too vunerable to even consider it. I made a promise to myself that I would not have any contact with him for 2 years at the very least.
We have children together but they are old enough that I don't have be involved with there communications etc. with their father.

When your vunerable Teal, it's very easy to not see things clearly for what they are...hope you are ok.
Melissa

teal

visitor
Reaction score
I need help with 16!

Thanks, Melissa. I decided to turn the heartbreak into an opportunity to be brave and become stronger. Also, I rememebered of all his less-than-desirable qualities, and reminded myself of my own good qualities. Over time, I realized that he probably made a mistake by dumping me, but that's okay, because I still have myself and I don't need him. Improving positive self image has been tremendously healing.

16 is tricky. It's more than just "enthusiasm". There is also dramatic imagery that might just be illusion or it could be awesome. Ideas, hesitation and indecision, big plans that may or may not turn into action. It could be as powerful and unwieldy as an elephant if it's real. I'm confused because 16 doesn't really give a definitive answer. Does this mean he doesn't know what he wants?

More about 16: http://www.yijing.nl/i_ching/hex_1-16/hex_e_16.htm

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).