...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 55...New Love Interest

paige artist

visitor
Reaction score
I recently met a man that totally swept me off my feet. After years of having difficult relationships and fearing commitment, I finally feel like there is very much potential in this one. I asked the I-ching about what the future holds for a relationship with this man. Granted, I've only had one date with him, but I can't shake this feeling that he is the one I've been searching for all my life.
I drew Hexagram 55 unchanging. I'm having a hard time interpreting this, as it seems positive at first, but there's an underlying sense of doom that scares me. He told me he did want to see me again, just to give a little more background info...Can anyone help give me a reading on this one?

teal

visitor
Reaction score
To me, the situation looks favorable, but with a possibility of being overwhelming. I'm pretty new at this, so I'll just leave it at that.

paige artist

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your insight...
I definitely think the situation is favorable, and yes, it does feel very overwhelming.
I guess I'm more afraid of things being really great in the beginning,
and then having everything fade away or end painfully, as has happened
to me repeatedly in the past.
I think it's such a new situation that I need to give it some time as well.
Maybe I just need to enjoy this feeling at the moment, that's kind of what I get out of it.
Anyone else have any insight into this one?

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
55 is very good for marriage, but love, which is not the same thing as marriage, requires that you be unselfish to succeed. But overall, it looks good.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Paige artist

Hexagram 55 is about taking care of business while the situation is favorable. In other words, handle it now. Hexagram 55 is favorable, but you must make the best use of the time. If you don't, it will slip into more unfavorable times.

Gene

paige artist

visitor
Reaction score
follow up question...

So I asked for guidance in how to approach this new situation...
received 39.5>15.

I'm assuming that I'm still stuck in some points of hardship in my life and I need
to just be patient and humble, even though the situation is full of potential.
I guess maybe I still need to work on myself before I can really hope for
a lasting relationship with this person.

Any one else have any other insights?

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Paige artist,

I see 55 more or less as Gene says it here. My impresion of you reading is that Yi throws back the question to you. For me 55 is not as nice as it seems. I have found out that always asks for a decision to make. See the difference between a mourning period and a living period. Mourning is not bad, don't take it that way, but here 55 asks for action.

and I loved the 39.5>15 answer you got. "take heart", this is how I read it in a loose way.

check LiSe's comment on 39.5
Big limping: partners come.
Do not fear to get stuck, it is always at such moments that someone comes to your aid because there is an opening, like a gap in the market. So let know you can use help.
When things are most awful, the biggest forces arise to conquer them. So don't fear the bad moments, you will find the strength to deal with them.

In Lise's site you can find also a nice story for 55 (http://yijing.nl/i_ching/hex_49-64/55-56.htm) Perhaps it will help you.

paige artist

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the links.
I will take heart...
The I-Ching always manages to make me think.
I am coming to the end of a long mourning/healing period in my life.
I guess it's time for me to put that all behind me and move forward
with my life.
I finally feel ready, hoping not to make the wrong moves this time again.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).