...life can be translucent

Menu

hex 63 then 23- is it over?

chimney sweep

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this and have asked the iching "is our relationship back on track?" and recieved hex 63. I was undecided on this being new, so asked for clarity... "is it over between x and I" .. I then recieved hexagram 23, splitting apart :(

It seems like splitting apart is the end... though there appeared to be light at the end of the tunnel. Is it over and then some thing or maybe some one new would come along in good time? Or is it that I need to keep working at things for us to work out. I have a feeling that I am desperately trying to read into this that it isnt over- when the iching is telling me that it is.

Thoughts any one and thanks in advances

chisweep

elias

visitor
Reaction score
You're falling into Beginner's Mistake #1: Asking yes/no questions. If you want yes/no answers, flip a coin. If you want to gain insights into an issue, ask about the current state of, the lesson of, the potentials in, the consequence of...

63--After the End: one cycle has been completed and you're into something new. Everything you know is wrong, useless, outdated. Return to neutrality and independence, and roll with the changes.

In a general sense, 23 cautions that you must let matters take their own course. The changing lines present a striptease of sorts as various pretensions and illusions are removed.

I have a feeling that I am desperately trying to read into this that it isnt over- when the iching is telling me that it is.

You quite wisely recognize that your wanting is shaping your interpretations. The IC does not tell you the future, it tells you the present, though it may suggest a future (for better or worse) should you continue on your present course. Adjust your thoughts and actions accordingly...

Last edited:

chimney sweep

visitor
Reaction score
You're falling into Beginner's Mistake #1: Asking yes/no questions. If you want yes/no answers, flip a coin. If you want to gain insights into an issue, ask about the current state of, the lesson of, the potentials in, the consequence of...

63--After the End: one cycle has been completed and you're into something new. Everything you know is wrong, useless, outdated. Return to neutrality and independence, and roll with the changes.

In a general sense, 23 cautions that you must let matters take their own course. The changing lines present a striptease of sorts as various pretensions and illusions are removed.

You quite wisely recognize that your wanting is shaping your interpretations. The IC does not tell you the future, it tells you the present, though it may suggest a future (for better or worse) should you continue on your present course. Adjust your thoughts and actions accordingly...

Thank you for this. I have had a good re think now about how I will approach the iching in future, this advice from you was very helpful, imagine If I would have just carried on reading in this way.. so un productive! :duh:

Ok, I have asked again.. though this time just once, "what is the current state of the situation regarding x and I" and have recieved hexagram 20 view.

I must look at the bigger picture?

elias

visitor
Reaction score
20: "Observing, having prepared but not presented the offering, there is sincerity that is reverent."

Yes -- The image is of a priest(ess) in the process of conducting a ritual. All the preparations have been made, the emptying of the old self, the old year, the old universe etc. but the act which will bring the new universe into creation has yet to be conducted.

Unlike Hex 3, which is a mass of confusion as energies sort themselves out of chaos, this is a moment of controlled transformation. In sociological terms, you're in a liminal place, standing in the doorway, as it were, between one state and another, and others are observing how you conduct yourself. Watch and wait, "gain the cosmic perspective" by seeking an objective point of view. And remember that non-action is a valid form of action.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).