...life can be translucent

Menu

will I like the boots?

philish

visitor
Reaction score
And now for something completely mundane --boot shopping.

I'm moving to a very cold city and I plan to do a lot of walking because, by god, I'll finally be living in a pedestrian friendly town!! So cold and walking --need good boots that won't break the budget.

Boot #1: 55, no change (too big? or this is as good as you're gonna find? really?)
Boot #2: 31.1,6>13 (my friends will like this better than I will? I'll get a lot of flattery from my compadres?)
Boot #3: 62.2,3,4>7 (grow up, this one will get you whacked! :rofl:)
Boot #4: 2, unchanging (sigh.)

The first two are the least expensive and with this manufacturer I've had troubles with their shoes being a bit big for my narrow foot.

The last two are from a company whose shoes I've liked a lot in the past, but whose shoes are two times the cost of the first two pair.

Sorry so trivial, but I know some of you get a "kick" out of shopping requests! :p

Last edited:

philish

visitor
Reaction score
Figures. :rolleyes: It's the most expensive pair. And I do like the look of them the best --and the apparent ease of use.

Hmm... any last opinions before I whip out my credit card?

mythili

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
31.1,6 - you're not going to be able to walk the walk (31.1) - 'cos you can only move your toe, not the whole foot. You can only talk the talk - 31.6.
Dont go for it!!

Cute hexs! Yi having fun?

mythili

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think 62.2,3,4>7 is saying you would be spending too much money on a pair thats not worth it -

philish

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, #4 is leading me on. Probably a different interp for Hex 2, but sure.

Interesting about the 62/7. It's also a style that's a bit, uhm, 20-something-ish. And yes, looking at more customer feedback, I'm inclined to agree with your interpretation, mythili.

Very cool. I think I'll go ahead and buy #4. It's more than I planned to spend, but if the boots last several seasons, they'll have proved their price.

Thank you! This was a fun exercise. :bows:

mythili

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

Gato - I was just having fun with Philish's hexs, thats all. Its a dull and dreary day here, and a reading about buying boots is very cheering!

S

sooo

Mundane questions are only mundane if they don't involve your emotions. Once emotions are charged up, mundane becomes as relevant as anything lofty. Even more so, since you walk on the ground and not on the sky. Footwear is very important, the foundation upon which you stand, and the tires for your carriage. It's a good place to overspend, if you must.

My light-hearted interpretation is as follows:

boots #1: Over the top, possible overkill. If they're particularly outdoorsy, consider that they make your feet too hot indoors or in mild climate.

boots #2: They match your current style, but nothing that excites you very much.

boots #3: I see some overkill in this one too, only from a different angle. Perhaps faddish or fashion forward.

boots #4: Should be a natural fit for you. They're what (I'd bet) you would have gotten anyway, without asking the Yi or posting here. They're so you! chuckle

philish

visitor
Reaction score
sooo!

Thank you for these interpretations! Yes, so lighthearted, but SPOT ON! :eek: You've really given me new insight into the hexes. Truly. What fun to have checked back in and found your response.

By the way, I DID purchase the #4s. They were my favorites. And my nearly nine year old daughter was ferociously jealous they did not come in her size. I expect they will "disappear" from time to time. :rofl:

Thank you! :D

S

sooo

By the way, I DID purchase the #4s. They were my favorites. And my nearly nine year old daughter was ferociously jealous they did not come in her size. I expect they will "disappear" from time to time. :rofl:

Oh, well with a 9 yo daughter's approval, who needs to ask the IC? ;)

philish

visitor
Reaction score
Posting a follow up: Received #4 boots and yes, I adore them! Really sturdy, a little athletic, not too trendy. They fit well.

And now bring on the snow!

philish

visitor
Reaction score
Final boot report!

Wore them DAILY through 3 months of winter and they were fantastic. Completely worth the investment --the others would not have been suitable for the enormous amount of snow we received. I haven't experienced snow like that in 20 years, nor lived in a place that regularly got snow, so I had some difficulty imagining what I realistically needed for winter wear. These boots were perfect. :pompom:

Thanks all for your help again! I'll be sure to post further sartorial conundrums here. :D

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).