Menu

what do I take notice of my boss

johnny ng

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

Need your advises.

I get the answer: hexagram 8

Nuclear Hexagram 23: clear open fertile plain after the floods abate. Old ideas about 'how things are' need stripping out where the new world can be created out of relationships.:)

Thanks.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Need your advises.

I get the answer: hexagram 8

Nuclear Hexagram 23: clear open fertile plain after the floods abate. Old ideas about 'how things are' need stripping out where the new world can be created out of relationships.:)

Thanks.
Johnny, good to hear from you. Can you clarify the question a little bit, please? I am not certain what you are asking. Perhaps just give more detail about what you were concerned about.

Best wishes,
Tiger

johnny ng

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Tiger for your response.

My this boss who is overall incharge of the organisation is very demanding. She expects us to be multi-tasker, doing a lot of other people work, neglecting our own work. I am one of them. There is a time when we come to a point that we need to be firm and say 'no' to her demands and I do that.

I just want to see what is her reactions.

Your advise is most appreciated. Sorry that for sometime for not coming to this forum. How is everything? I believe that your roar is always louder.

Wish you good health and happy.:)

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The Boss Reactions

Thanks Tiger for your response.

My this boss who is overall incharge of the organisation is very demanding. She expects us to be multi-tasker, doing a lot of other people work, neglecting our own work. I am one of them. There is a time when we come to a point that we need to be firm and say 'no' to her demands and I do that.

I just want to see what is her reactions.
Hilary says when the reading has no moving lines, we must look more at the nuclear hexagram, as you suggested: H23 "Old ideas about 'how things are' need stripping out where the new world can be created out of relationships.

H8 is Seeking Union. The boss is looking for people to band together and work together, to have union towards the task at hand. When you say "no" to tasks, and create resistance, she sees you as discord towards that union, something which threatens the union.

I am an employer running my own business, so naturally I see the need for the employees to work with me, pulling in the same direction as I am. Try seeing it from the bosses point of view, and see if you can "seek union" with her. Go past your usual barriers about who is the boss and who is the employee. My best employees "own" their jobs. They make decisions based on that feeling of ownership, and I rarely need to tell them what needs to be done.

Tiger

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
its worth bearing in mind employees will probably see you very differently to how you think they see you.

Johnny Hex 8 unchanging asks you to consider where you really belong. Do you feel part of this organisation or not. I think it gives the decision back to you. Is this where you want to be ? If you do commit to it fully, if you don't go. Which isn't that far from what Tiger was saying .

However I'm not sure what your exact question was though. Sounds like you said 'no' to her demands, and you are wanting to know what her reaction is ? So you aren't asking how to get on with her...you want to know how it will be now you have stood up to her ? Is that right ?

Could be she responds by saying something like 'either you are in or you are out'. Sounds like shes out to wring every last drop out of you so its good you stood up for yourself !

Last edited:

johnny ng

visitor
Reaction score
Dear tiger and trojan,

I always try to cope with her demands, but sometimes if I give in without ends, I may put more stress on myself and will affect my health. I need to put my best interest as a priority because no one will. In this instance, she put me to cover my colleague when she is on leave almost three quarter of her work. If I do that, then it is not possible for me to do my own work and I have to stay back overtime(not compensate) just to clear my work. The main problem is that my colleague do not want to cover me when I am on leave.

Hope that clarify my response to the boss.

May I ask does the hexagram states that I am in the wrong?

Thanks for your advises. Will appreciate if you can enlighten me.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dear tiger and trojan,

I always try to cope with her demands, but sometimes if I give in without ends, I may put more stress on myself and will affect my health. I need to put my best interest as a priority because no one will. In this instance, she put me to cover my colleague when she is on leave almost three quarter of her work. If I do that, then it is not possible for me to do my own work and I have to stay back overtime(not compensate) just to clear my work. The main problem is that my colleague do not want to cover me when I am on leave.

Hope that clarify my response to the boss.

May I ask does the hexagram states that I am in the wrong?

Thanks for your advises. Will appreciate if you can enlighten me.

No I don't think you are in the wrong. Its a fact some employers will try to exploit you.
Your health is the main thing thats important not the company profits.

Its hard for me from the answer of 8 unchanging though to say anymore than the choice seems to rest with you if you want to stay or not

To be honest I am not sure of the exact question you asked but I disagree with Tigers take on it given the sound of your situation .

Last edited:

johnny ng

visitor
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to see a fengshui master. He advised me to bite the bullet in next year(2011) in this organisation. He also advised me during last year that this year(2010) to bite the bullet. He said is a blessing in disguise.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The thing is if you are being treated badly at work how much you decide to put up with depends on various factors such as how easy it is to find work in the area you live. How much choice you really have.

I don't know your situation but your answer is very open...be prepared she may say to you 'hey if you don't like these conditions then go' I don't know how likley she is to say that...becasue I don't know much about your working conditions in Singapore. So seems to me ,as I said your answer asks you to decide for yourself what to do...it isn't telling you.

I hope anyway you are able to be free of these unfair demands and live your life as you choose.

:D

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
There is a time when we come to a point that we need to be firm and say 'no' to her demands and I do that.

Instead of saying "No" wouldn't it be more diplomatic to say "If I do this extra work, my regular work will be delayed. Is that OK?" The Image of 8 says

Thus the kings of antiquity
Bestowed the different states as fiefs
And cultivated friendly relations
With the feudal lords.

That is, everyone has a place and has their regular work, but in emergencies more is justly expected. Is the extra work of higher priority than your regular work? Do your coworkers feel that you are being singled out for extra work? Or does the boss feel that you are especially competent and trust you to do important work well? Being given extra work may be a sign of respect rather than imposition.

johnny ng

visitor
Reaction score
Hi pocossin,

Thanks. It is an valuable advice. I just try to balance myself in this organisation. I try to do my best to do them well for others' people work without complain. As for my own work, I try to put aside those that occupied a lot of my time. A friend of mine told me that if my work can be delay, then it is not important. I just follow my heart.

Tiger, Trojan and Pocossin have really give me great insights about the hexagrams. I realise that a good hexagram does not guarantee good result. We have to follow it wisely. Most important is to understand what the hexagram is telling us in our own situations.

It is a great pleasure to be in this forum. Thanks.:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).