...life can be translucent

Menu

Buy Plot or House? Hex. 47 & 60

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the Yi today whether it better for me to buy a plot of land and construct a house and got hexagram 47 unchanging. I don't quite get it. Is it saying that I need not worry? The hexagram counsels a change when things are stuck - does this mean it's ok to buy land? It'll take me a year to build a house and meanwhile I'll have to stay in a rented place.

I then asked if it makes more sense to buy a ready-made house and got hex 60 lines 4,5,6 moving to hex. 38. Some say in 3 lines, the middle on is most important - and that's the positive line 5. But 6 isn't positive. What do I make of it?

Thanks for your help!

Best

Anita

P.S: I will be posting a great insight on hex. 39 soon and hope it will help someone.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
As a designer I normally advise people to buy land and build a house (that I designed). That's usually quite a bit cheaper, and usually even cheaper than buying and importing a modular home. But 47 here might be pointing out the state of the economy and reminding you that it's a buyer's market now and there are auctions and special sales.
The people with houses may have been more heavily in debt.
I'd check out both options with that in mind.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Here's the plot in hexagram 47:

You are a writer, aren't you? Some writers need a house that expresses their individuality -- like Thoreau's cabin at Walden. But design and building considerations can dominate your mind for many months. Can you be creative in a house built to express another? Or would you find it a galling limitation?

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Pocossin

Many thanks for the help. Yes I'm a writer but the place has never mattered. However, now that I have the opportunity to build my own design, I should. I wonder how long it's going to take. I am waiting for a better price although I've been offered a pretty good price now. I have a noble purpose in mind and that requires more money.

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
I thought I should tell the outcome - I did buy a plot, built my house - took less than a year. I love it but I got badly cheated.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).