Menu

Should I approach this girl? Hex 46 -> 52

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Should I approach this girl?

Hexagram 46.2.6 changing to Hexagram 52

I think Hexagram 46 says I should approach her when I see her and I should be myself when I do. But then I think Hexagram 52 (Inaction, introspection) says I should not get my hopes up about this girl or being with her because we go opposite directions?

Correct me if I am wrong please...

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
ehmm, why should you not? I think the way you ask about this makes you trip yourself up . . the answer is not negative but doesn't promise of wild success either imo

It could say that you can (46.2) make a move, (46.6) even if you don't know where this leads, cause nothing happens if you just sit there (52).

Or, a slightly different case, 46's image says

The image of PUSHING UPWARD.
Thus the superior man of devoted character
Heaps up small things
In order to achieve something high and great.

which could be saying that you can hint or mention something to her and then decide your next move with more certainty (52). I think though that the clearer you make your approach the less mixed signals you'll get . . anyway, what's the worst that can happen?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
46.2.6 > 52

Yes, you should. The Judgment of 46 says "Fear not."

If one is sincere,
It furthers one to bring even a small offering.
No blame.

Pushing upward in darkness.
It furthers one
To be unremittingly persevering.

So the line text supports an approach.

As do the trigrams. (I've been reading Takashima.) In 46, the lower (or self) trigram (Xun: communication) is yourself and the upper (or other) trigram (Kun) the woman.

☷ ☶
☴ ☶

The duality of 52 implies you two would make a nice couple.

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
well the first hexagram makes sense to not fear. But im not sure about the second hexgram 52. Doesnt that make inaction or contemplation. I looked her straight in the eye today "hinting" that I like her (so that hexagram 46 done). Now I must decide what to do for my next action so right now is inaction or contemplating (hexagram 52)...haha

Errr, are you sure about hexagram 52 implying we would make a nice couple because the question I asked was centered on whether I should I approach her not whether we would make a good couple although thats nice to know haha...thanks for this insightful interpretation.

Maybe, I will post another question about how I should approach her...

Last edited:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
ehmm, jp, usually 46 is about persistent efforts (many little things) and in relation to your overall 52, maybe you should think about your own resistances to going forward . .

I know it's easier said than done but how about you actually asked her out? maybe she's holding back until you do. I've seen that happen a lot these days . . the girl just wants the guy to be a gentleman and take initiative, the guy holds back for whatever reason and in the end they just look at each other . .

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
How should I approach this girl when I see her?

Hexagram 7.2.5 changing into Hexagram 8.

I interpreted that as discipline or perseverance? Idk because Line two is favorable i think

LIne Five: "When wild beasts roam the field there is no disgrace in capturing them. The eldest son is in command. The youngest carries away the dead. Persistence brings misfortune." I guess that means I must act quickly?

Hexagram 8 means seeking unity.....so maybe I end up being friends with her?

Then I asked Does this girl like me or find me attractive?

Hexagram 59.4 changing to Hexagram 6

I'm not so sure about 59.4, but it says something about dispersing followers and I have no idea what that means...anyways I interpreted this as maybe she finds me attractive but conflicts (hex 6) will arise so things will not last very long

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
just a quick answer:
7 to 8: find unity within first and then translate that to actively seeking union outside

59.4 to 6: not sure if this is about her feelings, it feels more like it's advising you to part company with any assumptions, everyone has their unique way of seeing the world so don't try to argue or conclude about her views based on your train of thoughts . .

only my two cents :rolleyes:

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
im not sure by what you mean by first seek unity within then actively seek unity outside...does that mean make friends in person and then try to show up at the same events she is at in order to seek better friendship?

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi,

yes, I see how this might be twisted around
what I meant to say is that you find your own way of going forth. In 8 we strive as drops of water to become greater, to bring together ourself for we truly are, not as we would like to imagine it nor as what we think others want us to be. In other words, you can achieve an honest union (8) by having faith in your inner strength or drive (7.2) and using it to capture your wishes (7.5)

take care,

gato

visitor
Reaction score
46.2.6 > 52 ... i see 52 as an attribute for pushing upward , so keep still don't push upward

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Gato, so I shouldn't do anything? I shouldn't even try to approach her in a subtle way but wait for her to come to me? But then nothing will mostly likely happen.

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Rodaki,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my questions. Your interpretation makes a lot more sense now and is easier to understand.

gato

visitor
Reaction score
jp, in the light of other readings on the subject i'd say that you are fighting for a lost cause... of course this is just my oppinion and yi can be very tricky for our linear/unidimensional/yes or no minds

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Gato, so I shouldn't do anything? I shouldn't even try to approach her in a subtle way but wait for her to come to me? But then nothing will mostly likely happen.

exactly if you do nothing it would be plain stupid wouldn't it :mischief: Men can't sit there waiting for girls to come to them...unless they are very rich ;)

you are right, nothing ventured nothing gained...i see no possible benefit in doing nothing

if you don't try you'll never know. If it doesn't work it doesn't work but what the heck.

gato

visitor
Reaction score
exactly if you do nothing it would be plain stupid wouldn't it :mischief: Men can't sit there waiting for girls to come to them...unless they are very rich ;)

you are right, nothing ventured nothing gained...i see no possible benefit in doing nothing

if you don't try you'll never know. If it doesn't work it doesn't work but what the heck.

i dont agree with you trojan .... actually all you need to do just need to sit and and smile at her without being too obvious. thats it. doing anything before the tension is built its a sure recipe to disaster

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
As for the tension being built that has already occurred. She has already made eye contact with me in the last class(she also steals glances at me in class), and now there is only one time left and I will never see her again and that is the day of the final exam. So it's now or never or maybe when I see her on campus again. But, I think I came to a conclusion as to what I will do. If she looks at me I will either wink or smile or do both. If she is in my space or area I will try to accidently bump into her or attempt to make a conversation. I think winking at her would be a smart move cuz she'd then become aware that I know she likes me, I think? haha....this is interesting

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
i dont agree with you trojan .... actually all you need to do just need to sit and and smile at her without being too obvious. thats it. doing anything before the tension is built its a sure recipe to disaster

well 'disaster' is a pretty strong word in this context isn't it gato !

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
As for the tension being built that has already occurred. She has already made eye contact with me in the last class(she also steals glances at me in class), and now there is only one time left and I will never see her again and that is the day of the final exam. So it's now or never or maybe when I see her on campus again. But, I think I came to a conclusion as to what I will do. If she looks at me I will either wink or smile or do both. If she is in my space or area I will try to accidently bump into her or attempt to make a conversation. I think winking at her would be a smart move cuz she'd then become aware that I know she likes me, I think? haha....this is interesting

...or she might think you have a facial tic/twitch :rofl:

good luck with the winking !

S

superstar

Hexagram 46.2.6 changing to Hexagram 52

HEXAGRAM 46 SAYS Have no fear approach her and make a move the sincerity of a small offering is well received. Consistent and unwaivering effort is needed. Close relationships need no more than a sincere gesture to start. You can support someone by being loyal and consistent. But you are rising into the darkness with your eyes shut. You are moving into unknown territory. You know nothing about her. When in the dark about things you should not lose heart halfway.

HEXAGRAM 52 means Still your heart and mind and don't worry about it so much. It's not as bad as you think.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
JP, hi and Merry Christmas

any deeper reflections on 46.2?

In almost all examples it seems to bring not such brilliant results (in terms of what is brilliant for us today in 2020!)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).