...life can be translucent

Menu

How can anyone make sense of this?

newlife

visitor
Reaction score
Readings like this make me feel that the Yi Jing is really random.

I asked yi early this morning about how the day will go and this is what I got"

24.5.6 > 42

Doesn't make sense at all. The changing line is in opposition to the cast hex and the transfrormed hex is in opposition to the changing line!

Anyone want to give it a stab?

elias

visitor
Reaction score
When you get two old (changing) yin, the top line applies.

24.6 indicates that you've missed some opportunity to change some recurring thing in your life, and you need to cycle through the process another time. What this cyclical event is, and whether you interpret this as fortunate or otherwise, only you can say.

42 confirms and reinforces the sense of a cyclical occurence, one with positive implications for bestowing gifts...

"Sacrifice on the part of those above for the increase of those below fills the people with a sense of joy and gratitude that is extremely valuable for the flowering of the commonwealth. When people are thus devoted to their leaders, undertakings are possible, and even difficult and dangerous enterprises will succeed. Therefore in such times of progress and successful development it is necessary to work and make the best use of the time. This time resembles that of the marriage of heaven and earth, when the earth partakes of the creative power of heaven, forming and bringing forth living beings. The time of INCREASE does not endure, therefore it must be utilised while it lasts."

Sounds to me like it's time to do your holiday shopping... Bah, humbug!

my_key

visitor
Reaction score

24.5.6 > 42

Walk your walk, stay above things that are not you. Don't get drawn into other peoples dramas and if you do - just learn from where you went off the rails. Remember every crisis is a chance to learn and grow.

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
Readings like this make me feel that the Yi Jing is really random.

Seriously, what does this mean?
Yi doesn't have to be logically perfect to be a mirror of reality, on the contrary: if it were, it wouldn't reflect what the world really is and how it all works.
Life isn't logic: life is paradoxical. Opposites generate one another, just as hexagrams 63 and 64 do (for instance). When you have a "perfect" situation, be sure it won't last without giving troubles, and so on.

24.5.6 > 42

Now, you have 24 and 42. 42's nuclear is 23, paired to 24. Try considering the pair as a unity (they're the same graph, just viewed from a different perspective...), the more since you have a 6th line in your reading. A 6th line is a turning point and has the power to reverse the dao of your hexagram, transforming it into 23 (hence the bad omens attached to it!). So, even technically speaking, hex 23's dao is much more present and powerful in your situation than hex 24's one.

This said, there's only one answer to your question: "How can anyone make sense of this?". Only your actual life (i.e. the actual events that made up your day) is what can make sense of your reading. Just try harder and find the events (or your states of mind, attitudes, and so on) that fit your reading. I'm sure you can map the whole reading to your day, even considering both moving lines. To do this, you can use some excellent clues from the posts above. You'll see that reality can be much more incoherent and paradoxical than you thought. As a famous writer of ours, Pirandello, once wrote, a news story can be much less likely or credible than a fictional one.

S

sooo

24.5.6 > 42

Doesn't make sense at all. The changing line is in opposition to the cast hex and the transfrormed hex is in opposition to the changing line!

Anyone want to give it a stab?

I'd read this as saying: the way to experience increase today is to close the passes to outer things which have gotten you worked up, and return to your own inner security. Missing this return doesn't allow the rest and carefree time you need, and makes things all the more tense and difficult inside when you return to them.

gato

visitor
Reaction score
yes it can be totally random especially when nothing is happening .... like taking pictures at night you capture only noise

same thing if you do not focus/clear your mind before asking ... like taking pictures without focusing the camera

patro

visitor
Reaction score
yes it can be totally random especially when nothing is happening .... like taking pictures at night you capture only noise

same thing if you do not focus/clear your mind before asking ... like taking pictures without focusing the camera
nice paragon!

24-> 42... seams to be inform you that:

line 5)
a certain changes are required in your life!
how? just by trying to tackle things differently.

line 6)
represent the wisdom... you'll miss the opportunity (referring to line 5)... but the line promise that you will understand the advice.... because it end in 42.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).