...life can be translucent

Menu

Your help in understanding Line 6 of Hexagram 23

firerabbit

visitor
Reaction score
I received Hexagram 23, line 6 changing to Hexagram 2. My question was in regards to correctly understanding and balancing my relationship and responsibilities with my family, and with the world. I seem to get the two entangled, that is why I chose this question.

This is the second time I've been presented with this same answer (23.6) for a similar question in 6 months; the first time it came shortly after getting Hexagram 18.4, this time it came shortly after getting Hexagram 18.2.4. I thought that was worth mentioning, but the exact meaning or significance of this synchronicity may be rather difficult to get into.

My main concern is with grasping what 23.6 stands for in relation to the question. What's your take, or, when has line 6 of 23 come into your life?

Thanks for your time and attention:bows:,
fr

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
23.6 is about the fact that the same action take by two different people in different stations of life will result in two different results. What is good for a rich man can further impoverish or even destroy an average man. The problem is to determine where you are for real, and whether what you want to do is appropriate for where you are. 23 is generally about your luck being very down, and you are susceptible to many ills and you might be tempted to do what you ought not to do. It warns you to be cautious and circumspect, and maintain your present position without altering where you are without exceptional care.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
firerabbit

Your question involves a lot of matters and might be best broken down into simpler matters. It seems you are asking too much for one reading. That being said, the line would indicate (in your case) a time when matters can no longer be ignored and the fallout will proceed. Perhaps you have been trying to take on too much. I don't know. If you can break the question down into more basic parts, and be more specific, it might be easier.

Gne

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that is a rather HUGE question asked all at once. That said....since you got 18.4 twice in regards to similar question, it seems obvious that there could be some longstanding problems that have needed serious attention. I am shooting in the dark here, but since the questions concern family vs work, I would look at issues to do with 'workaholism'. or other kinds of patterns that cause huge imbalances between the two. One of them- home or work- is being seriously affected.

I think in this light, the 23 .6 is saying to cut your losses and let go. something has reached the point where it has got to give, but you may be surprised that letting it go will not be as awful as you might have imagined. Personally, it reminds me of a time when I was so stressed and imbalanced due to work, but terrified to change it because of the seeming implications. When I finally did let go to change, I found my sanity! There was a short period of re-organization but ultimately the bigger uneaten fruit was much more satisfying than trying to hang on to a draining, and no longer healthy situation. 23.6 seems to say the time has come to surrender to that change. what ever it may be for you. 2 also emphasizes being open to the inevitable free-fall, but that it is timely, not to be feared.

S

sooo

Just want to add an image of weaning a baby. The baby cries and fusses, but then receives their first taste of independence. It also frees up the mother (2) to experience more freedom and mobility from the physical detachment.

tifa

visitor
Reaction score
I have received Hex 23 with line 6 changing in several occasions.
It is usually a release of inner tension or long-term (could be days, weeks and months) stress. Something that bugs your mind and soul, and when you learn about the outcome, " oh yes, it's finally over..."

Negative or positive? it all depends on the situation.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).