...life can be translucent

Menu

30.6 to 55 masters degree

twilightshadow

visitor
Reaction score
I am a certified teacher who has been unemployed for over a year. Ive tried everything, but cant even get on at a school clerical position, and even sub positions are all full (I have also applied for jobs outside the ed field to know avail). Though I am certified I am not tenured, having only two years teaching in two different states. I have been trying to think of ways to augment my opportunities, along with figuring out my longterm goals. I really want to teach college, and honestly I would prefer to teach something other than English, something more along the lines of philosophy or theology. However, to teach college you need at least a masters degree. I wish I had known I would be out this long, I could be halfway done by now. Even if they vote an unemployment extension I will be out of benefits in 12 weeks, I didnt have enough credits to receive the full 99 weeks. I know I will eventually need a masters or have to give up my longterm career goals, but I am not sure about the timing or how I will finance it. I asked Yi, what are your thoughts on my pursuing a masters degree now? The answer was 30.6 to 55. Im not sure what the heads rolling and achieving followers is about. I think the prior bad habits is referring to my tendency to procrastinate and leave everything to the last minute. Do you guys have any thoughts about what Yi may be trying to tell me? Thanks for the help.

elias

visitor
Reaction score
You describe what I experienced 30 yrs ago to a very scary degree -- I had a teaching degree in English in a time when one couldn't buy a job...

30.6 is about taking decisive action. 55 is very positive, with the caution that things, as ever, will turn difficult in their time. In your case, there's no "ringleader" to capture and decapitate -- just a really crappy economy beyond any quick fix. Look through the Chronicle of Higher Education for universities offering assistantships in your field(s) of interest and start sending those letters. The fact that you possess a teaching degree and have some experience will put you on the fast track for a TA position somewhere.

best --

twilightshadow

visitor
Reaction score
Oh, I hadnt thought about a TA position at the college level, though not sure if those are paid, but it would be a way of getting my foot in the door, while I pursue furthering my education. Part of the difficulty may refer to something Ive already run into. Though there are many programs for Bachelors and Doctorate for philosophy, there are few for a Masters, but thanks for the idea. So where did you end up?

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Illumination to Abundance

I am a certified teacher who has been unemployed for over a year. I know I will eventually need a masters or have to give up my longterm career goals, but I am not sure about the timing or how I will finance it. I asked Yi, what are your thoughts on my pursuing a masters degree now? The answer was 30.6 to 55. Im not sure what the heads rolling and achieving followers is about. I think the prior bad habits is referring to my tendency to procrastinate and leave everything to the last minute. Do you guys have any thoughts about what Yi may be trying to tell me? Thanks for the help.
Well, H30.6 is about taking aggressive action, and not trying to assign blame/take prisoners. Leave the past behind, don't look at past faults, what you should have done in the past, but didn't do....Just spread awareness, articulate, illuminate, arrange and order (H30, Kartchner) and take aggressive action (Line 6) to achieve excellence and abundance.

It sounds like an endorsement of graduate school to me!;)

Tiger

S

superstar

HEXAGRAM 30 LINE 6

Hexagram 30 is about cling to/attaching yourself to a support system. Synergy is the main meaning. Stick to a support group that can help you network.
March forth and capture enemies (research and persist don't give up easily with the schools and/or hiring authorities that reject your applications)
This is your chance to root out the source of destructive influences once and for all!
You don't need to take extremes measures to reach your goal when you have isolated the source of the problem.

Hexagram 55

Don't worry you have the intelligence and good qualities to achieve a masters degree. You may not get this chance again. Be decisive. Make it happen. Maybe apply for a loan and be accepted? Apparently you are entitled to some kind of special benefits as an unemployed teacher? If you pursue a masters degree you may look back on this in later years and see it as the best time of your life. This hexagram though sends a message of impermanence telling you to enjoy it while it lasts because even with a masters degree you are not guaranteed a secure permanent position in the educational field. So maybe it's time to consider a completely different career?

I would ask another question whether you should change careers to expand on the answer you received. Cheer!

B

butterfly spider

This may have been some time ago but thank you. Got this hex 30.6 on Rosadas casting thread - which seemed like fun...

I was sitting in a pink fluffy coffee shop in London absolutely magical where the cakes were £4.00 the tea £4.00 and the chocolate bunnies £60. They had samples for free

I need some abundance right now and a little bit of pink tlc. I did buy a tea and had quite a few samples
I liked the idea of the impermanence in this thread - I ate the cake!!

However it made me feel quite lucky sitting there for a while

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).