...life can be translucent

Menu

Any Suggestions? 62.3.4

bluemacondo

visitor
Reaction score
Hi:
As I had a feeling that my current employment could end soon, I consulted the Oracle on Tuesday, asking: how can I gain a new source of income that matches, or even exceeds, my current salary ?
I received Hexagram # 62, 'Small Exceeding' changing to # 2 'Earth'.
My understanding is that the Oracle is advising that it may be best to avoid initiating any significant changes at this time and to be very cautious. Keep a low profile & concentrate on the job at hand. Lines 3 & 4 seem to indicate possible negative results, and, again, to be very careful.
What is the significance of the resulting Hexagram #2 in relation to my question?
I would very much appreciate your help with this reading.
(The day after the reading, my departmental manager hinted to me that I might not be a good match to my current job & department.)
Thank you for your kind attention.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I think the I Ching is advising you that rather than putting your attention on finding new work you should -at least for the immediate future - be extremely conscientious about doing everything you can to keep your current position.

62.3 and 62.4 sound like the difficult circumstances you are now in but 62.4 specifically says "Going brings danger. Do not act."

2. The Receptive is the opposite of 1. The Creative. The Creative implies visualizing a new position for your self, The Receptive then is the manifestation of what you have imagined. Here in this instance getting The Receptive says to me that so far you have not visualized what your ideal next job would be so it cannot be manifested. All you have imagined so far is worry about losing your current job and being thrown out into the cold. So you are being advised to quit visualizing being fired and become very proactive about doing everything you can to show yourself a good fit for the job you now have. By doing this you may not even need to look for new work but also as this answer is in response to your question, "How can I gain a new source of income?" it may happen that while you are doing all of this, lo and behold you get an idea or meet somebody or something happens that causes you to gain a new income.

I have found I've gotten Attention to Detail when I have been projecting my thoughts too far into the future and I need to look at something closer to where I am now. I've found that when I've done this, when I've projected my thoughts only as far as is appropriate I get ideas and enthusiasm, whereas when I try to look too far a head I only get worried or bored.

rosada

Last edited:

bluemacondo

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your responses.
It is true that I have not clearly visualized the type of position I want.
And, thanks for the encouraging reminder that there will be new opportunities in the future.
For the time being I will do my best where I am.
I will write again in about 28 days to let you know what develops.
MUCH APPRECIATION !

bluemacondo

visitor
Reaction score
Just to give an update - I have done my best to tread lightly in this situation and do my work well.
I am still employed but continue to get 'static' from my employer.
( I might add that this firm I work for has been under a good deal of stress & challenge since the 2008 financial downturn & its future development is unclear & may involve major organizational changes).
Thanks for your attention.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).