...life can be translucent

Menu

44.2.6 > 31 - relationship

simona

visitor
Reaction score
The question: Where is this relationship heading?
The answer: 44.2.6 > 31

Insights, please?
Thanks.

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
To wooing a girl who is hurt. This affair is not going well, I think, at least for any form of marriage.

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
hmm... I was about to write "why not?", but then I changed my mind.
first thing: any possibility that you are already pregnant? something in the reading seems to tell so...
he wouldn't want the child and would make a lot of empty talking.
you seem to be well-centered, but unless you can make him shift from 6th to 5th line I see hardship in your being together.
don't have wrong expectations, or you'll be tempted to move on too quickly.

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
Phew! :D
All right then...
In fact the fish in the wrapping doesn't necessarily mean so. The melon wrapped with willow would have been more dangerous!
Anyway don't just listen to his words, trust what you really feel. And don't rush.
Ciao!

patro

visitor
Reaction score
both lines are negative.... and both refer to be silent about your feel and thought...

in the first line your words if expressed freely, could have a negative impact....
in the sixth line your intuition about... could be completely wrong!

I think the message is to hold your intuition and thought for you... and to not observe more concretely and deeply the situation.... this way you'll find hex 31 reciprocal attraction... a great sign for lovers!

it's like to say.... live your story... don't think to much about and all will be good!

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
both lines are negative.... and both refer to be silent about your feel and thought...

in the first line your words if expressed freely, could have a negative impact....
in the sixth line your intuition about... could be completely wrong!

I don't agree. Where did you read so? Apart from the fact that she had line 2 and not line 1.

This is my take explained in more details.
Hex 44 is simply a picture of intercourse between man and woman, which is what I think it's all about.
It just means Coupling here.
The "fish in the wrapping ('tank' in Wilhelm)" in line 2 is too obvious to be explained (and note that the ideogram for "wrapping" depicts a womb).
She is located at line 2, representing the trigram Xun, and is at the center, so I think she can trust her own intuition (because of that virtue: being centered means trusting).
He is located at line 6, the topmost one in the trigram Qian representing the man, so he is too stubborn or hard, he exceeds the center and is like the "arrogant dragon" in line 1.6. So he is the one who "comes to meet with his horns" and incurs in "humiliation".
The 2 Zhi Gua show that she (33) can keep him at the right distance (based on her intuition and trust), while he may (28) feel a heavy charge on his shoulder, and the lines proceed (in the related hex) telling that she can prevent her legs from running after him (31.2: "influence... in the calves of the legs... tarrying brings good fortune") and that all he can do is empty talking (31.6: "influence... in the jaws, cheeks, and tongue").
Lines 2 and 6 in hex 44 are too far away to communicate, both yang and have different goals (line 2 is concrete, has foot on earth and wants to control the yin element, allowing it a full growth but only at the right pace, place and amount; line 6 has lost contact with reality and is totally absorbed by his overgrown ego, so that he even neglects the yin element). So technically they don't meet and don't cooperate, and this violates the Dao of this hexagram (i.e., meeting).

patro

visitor
Reaction score
sorry for the mistake.... my bad

anyway I was referring to line 2 that conduce to hex 33. the fish must be mantained apart from the rest. must avoid the comunication.

line 6 conduce to 28. another nice hex where to much is to much. in this case in be intuitive.

the question was:
Where is this relationship heading?
answer:
she is strong, if she avoid(33) to last(28) him... they can be happy togheter!

Last edited:

simona

visitor
Reaction score
So technically they don't meet and don't cooperate, and this violates the Dao of this hexagram (i.e., meeting).

This is, more or less, the current situation. We've been dating, we've been meeting&coupling :) , I decided to stop it, because I felt he was neglecting "the yin element" (i.e. me). So currently we don't meet, but we are exchanging emails, as friends. So yes, I am keeping him at (the right?) distance (and yes, he talks - by mail - without promises etc, only friendly talks), but I am not sure this is the right thing to do (I mean, keeping the distance), because I feel there is / could be more between us. I like him, I know he likes me; yes, he was neglecting the relationship (because of some objective events, he says; because of some fear of commitment, I say), but I wonder if he can change the position, as vederedentro said. From 6 to... I don't know, getting more involved, let's say. Because the things were going well, head&"womb".
So, I was trying to understand what's the future of this relationship that now doesn't seem to go anywere. My first thought when I saw the answer was "there is some future here". (We've been dating only for a few months, and I think this kind of fears are more or less normal, especially if you're not 20 y.o. anymore.)

simona

visitor
Reaction score
I might meet him tomorrow. So I asked: what shoul I expect tomorrow from this relationship?
Answer: 44.2.5 > 56.

but unless you can make him shift from 6th to 5th line I see hardship in your being together.

It made me smile. :)

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
Uhhh... er.... not exactly what I was thinking... I meant something like 31.2.5>32 for instance... but anyway!!! :D

Of course it was too soon for that.
But now... beware the voyager! It seems to me that it means you can result a bit "strangers" to each other's eyes, so you have do discover again each other's rules and customs. But you seem both well disposed, so this time, seriously, I can say... beware the melon wrapped with willow!

(btw, seriously but not too much... because it may of course refer to the "yin element" -- not you, but the intimacy itself between both of you -- that has meanwhile come to full development and is ready to show. even if... the wanderer still makes me think...)

one last thing: from an impression I had while reading your second-to-last post... remember that responsibilities are always from both sides... if he fears something, you should try to examine yourself before, wondering what could have made him afraid of commitment.

good luck!

simona

visitor
Reaction score
well, i was little too busy with him these days. :)
it seems that we are back together.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).