...life can be translucent

Menu

8.2.3 > 48 how much will I get paid in my new job, conflicting lines!

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there,

I had a job interview today in which I connected personally to who is now my new employer ( I got the job). But because we got along so well we ended up chatting away with each other and I didnt bring up the question of hourly rate. In my industry there is a standard rate but because there is no regulations for my feild often employers pay less and so I'm worried. Obviously I'm going to have to bring this up with my new employer but I asked the i ching, "what do I need to know about this situation" and got 8.2.3 > 48

the 2 hexagrams seem positive but lines 2 & 3 are conflicting, what does this mean?

That the personal connection at the time was true but now its not and beware? Maybe I need to just be all business... :confused:

looking forward to reading any insights or knowledge anyone has on receiving both line 2 & 3 of hex 8

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
This seems to be a Replenishing (48) Union (8), so I wouldn't worry about the money.
Anyway, it's work, business, and you should not mix it too much with friendship, despite going along well. You still don't really know each other... what happened was sincere and came from the inseide (8.2), anyway don't have wrong expectations and stay at your place, respect the roles, otherwise you won't prove such well-going as you could expect (8.3). Don't let 48 inverse into 47, it's a risk if you dare too much.

angeleyes

visitor
Reaction score
I think that the Yi gave you an answer concerning your own feelings towards your situation. The contradiction seems to be within yourself. You did have a personal connection with your employer (and that obviously felt nice), but at the same time you are anxious on a professional level. So try not to confuse the roles and keep in mind that this nice person is still your employer.
When it comes to 48, it always gives me the feeling of knowing oneself and what their true talents and gifts are and sharing them with others. When you're confident about your own value and what you can contribute to your job, others will come to recognize that. I agree with Vederedento about the risk of beeing too forcefull. 48 seems to me to be about openess deriving from calm confidence and trust in one's abilities.
I hope i'm not being too theoritical about it here!
Best of luck chingching!:)

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
vederedentro....can i call you something else, the spelling of your name is is too hard....nah i'll get it in time.

that all makes good practical sense.

Angeleyes great point about 48, I really need to keep that in mind because I often get nervous that I'm not good enough and that often leads me to losing my head over things like not getting paid enough...

I think line 3 of 8 is my advice and warning.

but my deeper feeling is that I will really enjoy working there, and I'm relieved to have a job!

thanks guys

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
Chingching: my name is Tiziano, as you can read in my signature below.
I'd like to change my nick but I'm afraid the only way to do this is by opening a new account...

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
sorry about that Tiziano :)

well it seems that I may not actually have the job...sigh

I asked will I work at X?
41 unchanging

hmmmm, thats a no right? decrease... damn. or maybe I wont get as many shifts as I first thought.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Chingching: my name is Tiziano, as you can read in my signature below.
I'd like to change my nick but I'm afraid the only way to do this is by opening a new account...

Thats what I always thought but looking at this http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=12004 seems 'cpickard' was able to change their name to 'kaching' if you look at posts 14 and 15 you can see kaching was originally cpickard from the quote. Think I've seen it before too...so I think you can change your name without opening a new account but i don't know how

Tiziano is a great name to read...how does it sound, how do you pronounce it ?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thats what I always thought but looking at this http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=12004 seems 'cpickard' was able to change their name to 'kaching' if you look at posts 14 and 15 you can see kaching was originally cpickard from the quote. Think I've seen it before too...so I think you can change your name without opening a new account but i don't know how

just heard you can change your user name just by asking Hilary

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
I'd imagine with a low husky Italian accent and an agile gesticulating hand

Hahahaha you made me remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JhuOicPFZY :rofl:

trojan said:

Er... how can I write this? Kind of Ti-tsya-no ('i' s a short 'ee', 'a' is similar to 'u' in 'cup', 'o' is read as in the scottish 'loch', the accent is on the 'a') :footinmouth: :D
Thank you very much for the advice Trojan, I'll ask Hilary then.

Chingching, so actually line 8.3 simply followed line 8.2, in the very literal sense that it wasn't the right group / the right person for you to obtain Union with, even if you both seemed to be well disposed to it from the inside... right? Very simple. More, this can prove that the corresponding lines in 48 (48.2.3) show the real outcome. Zhi gua's are also very fit for both stages, 29 being centered on inner feelings and the heart, 39 indicating a blockage and the possible end of the relationship.
I asked will I work at X?
41 unchanging

hmmmm, thats a no right? decrease... damn. or maybe I wont get as many shifts as I first thought.

"Damn": 41 means "diminish your anger". The low (the guts) are diminished to the advantage of the high (consciousness). It also means "the beginning of flowering", so don't despair.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
well I ended up getting the job and then I turned it down because I got offered another job.

The employer of the job I turned down was not happy and responded with a personal attack, which just made me feel that I had made the right decision.

Anyway, it's work, business, and you should not mix it too much with friendship

too true Tiziano

and angleyes you were right, whilst I got along with her as a friend I didn't really like the way she ran her business so I was the one who was conflicted.

Before all this I had asked how will I find a new job and got 19 unchanging, And the job I have now... well they approached me... goes to show I just should have listened to yi the first time.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).