...life can be translucent

Menu

38>50 Next steps. Sincere talk and now?

echos

visitor
Reaction score
Nobody willing to help?I asked the Iching about a man I am somehow reconnecting. I was having doubts about his attitude or our connection, yesterday I got 22- 24 and that I was helped to interpret as keeping the communication simple.Today he came back to me and told me he is very confused, he is trying to remake his life due to changes in his work. He says he feels out of balance and with so many things to think about, that he is not clear in nothing.

I asked the Iching what should be my next steps.

I got 38 > 50

Would you help me to interpret it?
Please?38 it seems to me it talks about me no going after him, maybe staying in touch but no trying anything further? :confused: maybe it is about waiting? around but no too close? It seems to me, it is bad that can become good. kind of the sky when is cloudy, if we try to see the sun we will get upset but if we wait, at some moment the clouds will dissapear and it will rain? What I should do and what is the message?

Thank you for any help. I think a bit I am starting to understand the messages, but no really sure..:bag:

I also thought to read one daily to help me with steps, it is allright to read a message everyday?

And what about Hex 50? This suppose to be how the situation will evolve if I do in the way that Iching is showing to me? What it is there?

Last edited:

gato

visitor
Reaction score
38-50 looks like a fight between you two is cooking

echos

visitor
Reaction score
38-50 looks like a fight between you two is cooking

Thank you but now I am really more confused! I can't see where is fight there, I wish to understand the reading,
" The oppositions of heaven and earth, spirit and nature, man and woman, when reconciled, bring about the creation and reproduction of life. In the world of visible things, the principle of opposites makes possible the differentiation by categories through which order is brought into the world.

One sees one’s companion as a pig covered with dirt,
As a wagon full of devils.
First one draws a bow against him,
Then one lays the bow aside.
He is not a robber; he will woo at the right time.
As one goes, rain falls; then good fortune comes.

Here the isolation is due to misunderstanding; it is brought about not by outer circumstances but by inner conditions. A man misjudges his best friends, taking them to be as unclean as a dirty pig and as dangerous as a wagon full of devils. he adopts an attitude of defense. but in the end, realizing his mistake, he lays aside the bow, perceiving that the other is approaching with the best intentions for the purpose of close union. Thus the tension is relieved. The union resolves the tension, just as falling rain relieves the sultriness preceding a thunderstorm. All goes well, for just when opposition reaches its climax it changes over its antithesis.

Could you explain me where did you see fight, what lines tell it. I appreciate it, I am so los tryin to understand the readings!:duh:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody willing to help?I asked the Iching about a man I am somehow reconnecting. I was having doubts about his attitude or our connection, yesterday I got 22- 24 and that I was helped to interpret as keeping the communication simple.Today he came back to me and told me he is very confused, he is trying to remake his life due to changes in his work. He says he feels out of balance and with so many things to think about, that he is not clear in nothing.

I asked the Iching what should be my next steps.

I got 38 > 50

Would you help me to interpret it?
Please?38 it seems to me it talks about me no going after him, maybe staying in touch but no trying anything further? :confused: maybe it is about waiting? around but no too close? It seems to me, it is bad that can become good. kind of the sky when is cloudy, if we try to see the sun we will get upset but if we wait, at some moment the clouds will dissapear and it will rain? What I should do and what is the message?

Thank you for any help. I think a bit I am starting to understand the messages, but no really sure..:bag:

I also thought to read one daily to help me with steps, it is allright to read a message everyday?

And what about Hex 50? This suppose to be how the situation will evolve if I do in the way that Iching is showing to me? What it is there?

well with or without the I Ching its clear hes sending signals he wants space so going after him wouldn't be a good idea unless you want to look desperate...so theres nothing to be confused about. 38.1 confirms this by saying not to go after the horse thats galloped off,let it return in its own time. 38.3 indicates things work out in the end after some pain. I'd hesitate to give a firm prediction...but if it were my reading i would be somewhat reassured the guy would come back in his own time. Generally the 38 indicates you are seeing things very differently right now. Thats noones fault, you are different people. 38 advises in such times keep communication to lighter things that you can agree on, rather than the the gaping differences between you

Hexagram 50 isnot how the situation will evolve it is the context of the question...something cooking between you but right now some space is needed as you see things quite differently. let him have his space

So its quite clear you can't go after him even without consulting the I Ching

I'm wondering if you have enough resources/books etc to do your own readings. The hexagram index here is very good, there you can read many peoples ideas about 38.1.3

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you but now I am really more confused! I can't see where is fight there, I wish to understand the reading,
" The oppositions of heaven and earth, spirit and nature, man and woman, when reconciled, bring about the creation and reproduction of life. In the world of visible things, the principle of opposites makes possible the differentiation by categories through which order is brought into the world.

One sees one’s companion as a pig covered with dirt,
As a wagon full of devils.
First one draws a bow against him,
Then one lays the bow aside.
He is not a robber; he will woo at the right time.
As one goes, rain falls; then good fortune comes.

Here the isolation is due to misunderstanding; it is brought about not by outer circumstances but by inner conditions. A man misjudges his best friends, taking them to be as unclean as a dirty pig and as dangerous as a wagon full of devils. he adopts an attitude of defense. but in the end, realizing his mistake, he lays aside the bow, perceiving that the other is approaching with the best intentions for the purpose of close union. Thus the tension is relieved. The union resolves the tension, just as falling rain relieves the sultriness preceding a thunderstorm. All goes well, for just when opposition reaches its climax it changes over its antithesis.

Could you explain me where did you see fight, what lines tell it. I appreciate it, I am so los tryin to understand the readings!:duh:

That is 38.6 and you didn't get 38.6. if you got 38>50 then lines 1 and 3 must be moving.

If you are trying to understand and getting frustrated others don't help enough then perhaps more of your own input is better than calling out for others.

Remember people aren't doing 'readings' here only sharing insights about possible meanings of your answers. In the end only you will know the true meaning. I say that because elsewhere you seem to refer to prejudice in others interpretations...so the way to avoid that is to think about and analyse your own answers more so you have more of a place to stand in your own reading

I think its quite a clear reading anyway , no big confusion. Let him go his way...38.1 says that clearly to me What does 38.1 say to you thats the important thing ? Your reading noone elses

Last edited:

echos

visitor
Reaction score
That is 38.6 and you didn't get 38.6. if you got 38>50 then lines 1 and 3 must be moving.

If you are trying to understand and getting frustrated others don't help enough then perhaps more of your own input is better than calling out for others.

Remember people aren't doing 'readings' here only sharing insights about possible meanings of your answers. In the end only you will know the true meaning. I say that because elsewhere you seem to refer to prejudice in others interpretations...so the way to avoid that is to think about and analyse your own answers more so you have more of a place to stand in your own reading

I think its quite a clear reading anyway , no big confusion. Let him go his way...38.1 says that clearly to me What does 38.1 say to you thats the important thing ? Your reading noone elses

Thank you. Oh, dont think I am prejudicing, I am trying to learn, I am afraid we all can misinterpret answers with our own fears and own prejudices.I do strongly believe when we are very much needy to solve something and somebody gives us a message, we are all unconsciously very much influenced by the answer. I wrote somewhere is that to be able to really understand the Iching, probably we should take all of our inner clothes and be naked, no information inside of ourselves and then the answer will be accurate. But when we are so much into trying to find an answer, it is so hard to see without our fears and desires, I believe I am not expressing myself good. It is also because English is not my mother tongue. Then I am not prejudicing, I am interested to learn to read myself, I appreciate the readings that others do to me, I just make myself many questions because want to understand. I react with curiosity to the answers that people post , I read how some of them diverge and I get more confused.
When "gato" replied to me about a fight, I honestly could not read about the fight. I wanted to understand where it was written, because I could not read it. But it was not against the answer it was trying to understand where the answer came from.
It is also very difficult for me to understand the sentences of the Iching, it seems like reading in a completely different language, in esperanto..I wonder how all of you got to understand it.
I believe your answer here, it was very accurated. I think at this point if I do not do that, I will be repeating a pattern that was in past and that caused separation. It is right, I want to try to figure how you read it there, in Wilhem lines no against it.
I wish to arrive the moment I can read it for myself, I am not sure if that depends on the quantities of readings or in something else.
Thank you very much, I am not getting frustrated with others,just with a problem I have with that person, or something I do not want to become a problem.I appreciate the answers very much.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
:confused: i didn't say you were 'prejudicing'....hmmm anyway there really is no such thing as a pure unprejudiced answer. Yi will give the answer according to your subjective view, to a degree, how can it not. Your feelings are important in how you live your life so Yi will address your feelings. Other people helping with the reading can't know your feelings like you do so they will of course use their own understanding. Theres no way round that. But there is no pure objective reading

38.3 shows conflict/humiliation which is later resolved. But how much conflict is anyones guess.

Hilary cast 38.1.3>50 for the trip to meet Brad, Lise and Cesca. You can read her interpretation of it in her blog onlineclarity.co.uk/answers/2011/01/15/in-the-pot/

So she had exact same answer as you and as far as I know no fist fight ensued ...well none of them owned up to a punch up in Amsterdam anyway...:rofl: I guess we'll never know and will have to take their word for it

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).