...life can be translucent

Menu

Why? 55 unchanging

scorpioontherun

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all,
my therapist asked me the 1 million dollar question: why did you stay with your husband for 12 years before leaving him and in general why do you stay in relationships even when they are past their sell date? Well I have no clue why I stay with man I loved deeply and that are treating me less well. I'm stubborn I suppose and I keep on seing and remembering when they treated me nicely ... but I asked the same question to the Yi and I got 55 Unchanging as answer .. i laughed ... because I have the guts to do so :rofl:. Well yeah, but there is certainly more to it ... Do you have ideas?
Thanks
Scorpio

Last edited:

chucklesthegirl

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 55 indicates either an intense culmination of events that leave us blind or overwhelmed. I think the yi is trying to say that perhaps you let your emotions blind you to the realities of the relationships. Perhaps you stay because you have your blinders on? Or maybe some sort of tunnel vision is going on? Like in line two where it describes the eclipse blotting out the surroundings so that the inferior people (or wrong people) can become influential without you realizing what is going on....or maybe that is line three as well.

I would read through the entire judgment, image and even the lines and see how they apply to your relationships and go from there.

Also like to add that I think it is human to remain attached to people who we have deep feelings for and to keep hoping that things will improve. We all want to be loved. No shame in that.
Hope anything I have said was helpful to you.
I can very much relate.

Namaste
:bows:

D

diamanda

To quote Wilhelm,

"Abundance means many occasions", that is, occasions for care and sorrow.

Or, as the marriage vows go, "in times of want, in times of sickness and in
times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure
and in times of triumph.",
etc.

Most 'old-fashioned' and long-lasting marriages I personally know of are of
the type of joy, yes, as well, but also tons of compromise and an abundance
of other hues, emotions, and situations all through, mostly unpleasant and
also, obviously, many very mundane ones too.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
its about as good as it gets

steve

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
the image
Both thunder and lightening come:
The image of ABUNDANCE.
Thus the superior man decides lawsuits
And carries out punishments.

you waited until your energies gathered before acting... you didnt skip out half way, are you the type who likes to get the full picture before taking action. You are a scorpio right? Scorpios usually stay til the bitter end, they can take it but also its like they need that part of the experience to feel closure. Pluto likes to go deep.

back to yi

The image has a kind of finishing it off for good feel to me, experiencing all of it and then applying action. If you travel through all the lines of hex 55 you have gone through a lot of experience. By line six you are in the mourning hut, I had a thread on this line in reading circle, pocossin and trojan shed good light on it.

this is more what I mean by experiencing it all, Lise:
By having guts, having the ability to convince and give power to ones actions through ones own conviction, by being honest, and by trusting the gods unconditionally and going on even where the road seems impossible.

curious1

visitor
Reaction score
Sorry to raise this. In many of the translations, I also read : Thus the superior man decides lawsuits and carries out punishments. Where does that fit in ?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).