...life can be translucent

Menu

I have a need for a reading re job.

threshold

visitor
Reaction score
All I can offer is help with English language ( am a language teacher in Prague) or help if you travel to the city in the future.

I was wondering if someone might help me with looking at the job I just started and if it's right for me.

Thanks dave

tashiiij

visitor
Reaction score
dave you need to throw a hexagram and post it - with the changing lines, with your question. then someone can jump in and give you their interpretation. if you dont have yijing book, you can generate an electronic hexagram on this site, or others you can find thru a search engine.

all the best.

threshold

visitor
Reaction score
went to Free online Iching and asked:
What is best course of action re job? (meaning, of course, should I work there?

1st time I got 28, L4 moving; rel. hex. 48

2nd time 6 L2 and 4 moving; didnt write down rel hex. sorry
sad.gif

Thanks

See threshold(threshold) post for my offer

dave

tashiiij

visitor
Reaction score
dave what follows is just a quick reflection. there are others on the forum with far more learning and insight in matters yijing than i. they may jump in to give you additional insight.

the 4th place in hex 28 is stressed, but has support. the wilhelm baynes translation says because of it's position, the line has security, but warrants caution about having 'ulterior motives'.

the resulting hexagram, 48, is about a structure for nourishment. water.

not sure exactly how this specifically fits in with your situation, so hesitate to comment more.

in relation to hexagram 6 changing lines 2 and 4 - hmm.

6 is contention. lines 2 and 4 describe a person who choses to desist in the contention. you may be up against a struggle of some kind that is wiser to not engage with.

there are many online sources for further study about the hexagrams and lines. Hilary has some good links on this site.

this all may boil down to -you need the job so keep it- type of thing.

but i hope this helps a bit.

soshin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, Dave!

Each time I got 28, it certainly was always quite a hard time in my life. Very often it occured to me that I was in some sort of distress.
One message from the moving line may be, that you should think also about how you can be of service to the others and not only how the others or the circumstances will serve you well.
48 should mean that the job should be a well of wealth for you, not necessarily the wealth we are used to measure in coins...

Also bad times can be sort of useful...

Wishing you well,

Yours,
Soshin

C

candid

Soshin, I think your interpretation is on the mark, and I agree fully. IMO, nice work.

midaughter

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Threshold:
There is still much disagreement among diviners about the accuracy of computer-generated readings. I feel that your individual energies must be in physical contact with the divinational medium. While tossing the coins, concentrate fully on your question. Then we can be sure of the answer!
Take 3 coins that have heads one side and tales on the other side. Toss them six time and record each time if the individual coin is heads or tails and then let us know. Hexagram 28 is not one of the more fortunate readings.

soshin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Sunpuerh,

IMO it doesn´t matter much which kind of divination method (coins, yarrow stalks or anything else down to a computer Yijing reading) one uses.
Personally I got quite good answers when testing Yijing Software or online divination resssources. Normally, I go for the yarrow stalk method or for the coins when I am in a hurry.
The important thing seems to be not the method to me.
As it speaks out of my heart, and because I am not able to say it in english so well, I add a e - mail I got recently via Middaughters service.

------ First, my "credentials": I have extensive academic and professional experience in the use of statistical techniques (descriptive and inferential), probability theory, research methodologies, and related applications, which I have drawn on mainly in partially supporting myself through doing statistical analyses for corporations, principally in software development and testing, but also in product evaluation and marketing. I've also designed and presented a seminar on statistical concepts for businesspeople, which is meant to teach the core concepts of this "scary science" in terms that bring it down to earth for people who must deal with its often intimidating, distracting, and icy visage. Big fat, hairy deal? I couldn't agree more. I have learned, partially through the I Ching teachings, that statistical methods are what I call a "helpful illusion," meaning that while they are useful in very limited and conditioned contexts, they are founded on an assumption that simply does not represent the way the Cosmos truly works; this assumption is known as randomness. Now, a seeming paradox: when you understand that statistics as a science is based on an illusion, then you are well on your way to using statistical methods correctly, because your perspective about the ability of statistics to truly describe the universe has the necessary clarity to avoid claims that no science or heuristic paradigm should be allowed to make. In other words, what probability theory has to say about how you use the I Ching (or about how you vote, how you watch TV, how you shop, etc.) is in essence a conceptual house of cards: it can describe your behavior in terms of a group dynamic, but falls down in trying to describe or classify your own individual experience.

What's this mean for folks interested in the I Ching as an insight guide, a helping manual for inner life? It means that you can appreciate the wonderful depth and perseverance of the Sage that speaks through the I Ching from a conditioned perspective, as when it gives you the same hexagram three times in a row (no matter what method you're using), and it means that when you use the I Ching, you are stepping beyond the limited conceptual reach of probability theory and into the realm of a cosmic understanding, where one's true nature communicates with its Source. The point cannot be made too clearly: randomness is a myth, or at best, a half-truth. So, whether you use yarrow, any of the variety of coin methods out there, marbles, or buffalo chips to consult the Sage, you are in the realm of your inner truth, which both encompasses and surpasses any understanding of science or quantitative theory. I and others I know have indeed "experimented" with this notion of probability, in the context of trying differing methods with varying probabilities in the same setting, and have found that the Sage works with whatever you bring to it: sincerity and openness before the Sage always receive the response that is appropriate to the time and the Tao of the moment.

The bottom line, which I tell my clients and students, is: use whatever method of consulting the Sage feels most comfortable for you, and never mind the probability, because the I Ching will be around, as valid and as helpful as ever, long after probability theory has been exposed and surpassed by other emerging paradigms of science (the inaptly-named "chaos theory"--more correctly known as "nonlinear dynamics", string theory, and quantum dynamics being a few contemporary examples in that general direction). Now that comes from a guy who pays his rent with lucre gained through the use of probability theory---------

Yours,

Soshin

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Also on the (much-discussed) subject of computer-generated readings... I have personally received, and seen other people receive, important readings with that frightening quality of accuracy (expect you know what I mean) through the programs on this site. Personally, I prefer using marbles - but this is about my limitations, nothing more.

midaughter

visitor
Reaction score
Since the hexagram is not favorable one, I think it best to get a second opinion from the Sage and the Yi is not as adverse to doing as people might think. I understand the that many feel the computer generated hexagram works. This is something about which reasonable people might differ. I am heartenedd by Hilary's experience with computer-generated hexagrams and I will keep an open mind. Meanwhile my shamanic nature would rather burn inscense and howl at the moon if necessary!
If the situation is Hexagram 28, speaking of instability and more, no doubt the Sage will have a similar if not the same answer upon a second divination. Often when the reading is troubling I ask again anyway to obtain a more complete idea of what's going on. In this way, I feel that my divinations are in depth and adequate to the challenge presented.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).