...life can be translucent

Menu

Radio Disaster? 57.1.2.3 to 42

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Have just completed my second radio "talk" show today, having been relatively satisfied with the first one, although i can see there is room for improvement and a lot to learn. My guest on the programme this week was a chatterbox and rather than conversing I was lmited to the odd comment and exclamatory remarks. I don't know how this will come across to the audience and, after some further challenges editing the recording I hope we didn't chop it to bits. Thus my question of the Yi: how successful have I been in creating this week's radio programme? The casting, as you see is Hex 57.1.2.3 becoming Hex 42.

Individually, each of the moving lines sounds relatively positive in relation to a "seal assignment" and expressing oneself without questioning whether that expression is right or wrong. So this is comforting. But what about the caution of "shame" in the third line? Now that seems a bit dire even with Hex 42 -- which I always have found positive and uplifting -- in the background.

Last edited:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
57 to 42 sounds like saying 'clear the air'
I think that wind is often about doubts and worries, perhaps accentuated by suggestions or comments you catch from your surroundings . . almost like an intercepted radio signal.

I tend to read your lines as saying you took initiative to fix the problem (line 1) and mustered all the help you could find to get rid of its unnecessary parts (2).
Then line 3 sounds like all the repeated listening you had to do to check the process has made you a little unsure of the outcome. Since your question was self-reflexive I think it speaks of you being somewhat too critical of yourself rather than talking about the quality of the final outcome, when in fact you did the best you could . .

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
57 to 42 sounds like saying 'clear the air'
I think that wind is often about doubts and worries, perhaps accentuated by suggestions or comments you catch from your surroundings . . almost like an intercepted radio signal.

I tend to read your lines as saying you took initiative to fix the problem (line 1) and mustered all the help you could find to get rid of its unnecessary parts (2).
Then line 3 sounds like all the repeated listening you had to do to check the process has made you a little unsure of the outcome. Since your question was self-reflexive I think it speaks of you being somewhat too critical of yourself rather than talking about the quality of the final outcome, when in fact you did the best you could . .

Your comment on the third line is close to home and just what worried me -- I couldn't actually re-listen and be absolutely certain that the final edit will flow and sound natural, and that bothers me. However, I lose control of the programme at a certain point that the sound engineer takes over and assures me that he's got it figured out. This is a bit nerve-wracking because it is my name that still goes on the finished product. When the dust settles here and I have some "free" time I'm going to load sound engineering software onto my home computer and learn how to edit the tracks myself. In the meanwhile, I'm a bit at the mercy of whoever thinks it is "good enough." So I have to hope that they have a high standard too.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Your comment on the third line is close to home and just what worried me -- I couldn't actually re-listen and be absolutely certain that the final edit will flow and sound natural, and that bothers me. However, I lose control of the programme at a certain point that the sound engineer takes over and assures me that he's got it figured out. This is a bit nerve-wracking because it is my name that still goes on the finished product. When the dust settles here and I have some "free" time I'm going to load sound engineering software onto my home computer and learn how to edit the tracks myself. In the meanwhile, I'm a bit at the mercy of whoever thinks it is "good enough." So I have to hope that they have a high standard too.

My first impression is that Yi talk about that. Its your show and it has to have your seal and somehow, because of the ( weird) attitude of the sound engineer you haven't it totally. Its a problem, as you said, so Yi seems to advice you how to solve it. And i think line 3 refers to that. it asks for making a decision and setting the rules.

Wind and thunder: the image of INCREASE.
Thus the superior man:
If he sees good, he imitates it;
If he has faults, he rids himself of them

this sounds as a good description of the editing process. :) Perhaps until you learn how to edit your program , discuss again with him how you will work together ?

edit: But also , as your questions is a sort of evaluation, might Yi says, that look again at those 2 shows , see what you like and change what you don't.

Last edited:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
This is a good point, Anemos, the sound engineer probably needs more connection with me to get the idea of how important this is. This is a rural station that has only recently become ten times bigger -- in the last month. So they want people with more theatre experience to take on some of these programmes, however, this means the technical people are going to have to rise to the occasion and take their jobs much more seriously. And you are right, the only way they will get the message on this is if new people with higher quality standards insist [nicely of course] on a better standard and lead the way. I'm only just realising how much "hand-holding" we will need to do to raise the calibre of production.:) In the long run I'm sure it will be ok, but meanwhile, it's a bit hair-raising.:eek:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score

thanks for clarifying this, my comment and its context still stays the same though. I think your anxiety about your output that prompted your question is related to the general stress you're going through . . perhaps a different form of it (could be that the insistence of lower trigram wind in your recent 44, 46 and now 57 is indicative of something).
57.3 talks about the repetition of something, like a thought going in circles, which you need to stop holding onto to reach its related 59.

Bradford's comments on the line talk of 'attempts to push through (all coming) from the same direction' and in transitionals it corresponds to 37.3 where a yang figure gets a tad too critical (with a good cause in mind) . .
In my eyes all this talks of you doubting and stressing over the extent to which you have full control of your life and your I Ching voice being gentle with you, telling you it's alright, you're doing just fine, take the credit, your life is evolving and that will mean things will not always be spin and span . .

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).