...life can be translucent

Menu

Will his mother give her blessings to him for us? Hexagram 62.3>16

modestlearner

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,
I actually put the full story in another thread (true love in a traditional culture), but I realized that others would not be able to search and find the insight and wisdom and replies of others....so please forgive the duplication, but i know that as i have been learning, i find it so much more helpful to actually be able to search via the header of the threads!

So if you do have a reply to this one....this is about receiving the blessings of the mother of the man that I am interested for our marriage. She has been fighting our union. (like I said, full story is in the other thread)....

Will his mother give her blessings to him for us?

Hexagram 62.3>16

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Will his mother give her blessings to him for us?
62.3>16

Nine in the third place means:
If one is not extremely careful,
Somebody may come up from behind and strike him.
Misfortune.

The casting, with the suggestion of indirect attack, seems inauspicious. The bird is flying away in 62 and with other birds (my interpretation) in 16. Time is against you. If your intended has been unable to change his mother's mind, why would it change now? If there is any way you can convey to the mother your sincerity and respect, it might help.

modestlearner

visitor
Reaction score
62.3----BLINDSIDED?

This is what we both want. I think after thinking things through...this line makes me think of that word "blindsided"...is that a correct way of thinking? If so, I think it is going to come as a shock that he wants her blessing because I have been putting two and two together, and I think that his idea is to make his parents believe that we are not in contact, so they don't blame me for the broken engagement.

Therefore, does this speak to the flying birds as well?

I am also wondering (being a newbie), how this line fits in with the overall hexagram, so i went back and reread Wilhelm on HEXAGRAM 62

Wilhelm writes>>>

"While in the hexagram Ta Kuo, PREPONDERANCE OF THE GREAT (28), the strong lines preponderate and are within, inclosed between weak lines at the top and bottom, the present hexagram has weak lines preponderating, though here again they are on the outside, the strong lines being within. This indeed is the basis of the exceptional situation indicated by the hexagram. When strong lines are outside, we have the hexagram I, PROVIDING NOURISHMENT (27), or Chung Fu, INNER TRUTH, (61); neither represents any exceptional state. When strong elements within preponderate, they necessarily enforce their will. This creates struggle and exceptional conditions in general. But in the present hexagram it is the weak element that perforce must mediate with the outside world. If a man occupies a position of authority for which he is by nature really inadequate, extraordinary prudence is necessary."

FORCING MOVEMENT WITHIN THE LINES OF HEXAGRAM 62
I thought about this idea of who represents the weaker lines and who represents the stronger in this situation, but most importantly the interesting idea of when the strong lines are outside we have NOURISHMENT and INNER TRUTH, which is basicaly our goal---to say the truth and to get her nourishment>>>. When those force themselves to the middle..... It just is interesting to think about who holds the truth and who holds the nourishment....is it us or her and the forcing of one into the other etc etc etc.

I also like the idea of blessings as nourishment....

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).