...life can be translucent

Menu

24 Unchanging

trueblue

visitor
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a new job. I had an interview about a week and a half ago that seemed really promising - the woman even told me at the end of the interview she would definitely want to interview me a second time.

However, I have not heard from her since then. I sent her an email asking if the position had been filled and got no response.

I asked the I Ching - What is my status in terms of getting this job?

I got 24 Return, unchanging. Does this mean I'll eventually hear from them again? Please help!

trueblue

visitor
Reaction score
I also asked the I Ching, "When will I finally get a job that meets all of my criteria (i.e. pays me what I'm worth, allows for professional growth, etc).

I got 63.3.6 After Completion --> 42 Increase

Increase sounds good, but After Completion confuses me. Any help with this situation and the one above would be much appreciated!

elias

visitor
Reaction score
Well.. you can ask IC anything you want (including the future) but it will tell you about where you are right now...

24 -- returning to the start of a life cycle. You've been down this road before -- what have you learned? How are you applying past experiences into this present situation? 24 also counsels a time of introspection and gathering strength before the next move forward, and being prepared to move when the opportunity arises.

63 -- just looking at the hex on its face -- What do you need to complete to get your dream job? a degree. an apprenticeship, a real resume?

.3 -- "Do not employ inferior people" -- take great care with whose help you seek; no short-cuts, no bargain-hunting, no mail-order diplomas, no padding...

.6 -- this yin-to-yang rules the reading in my estimation. A real danger of jumping in "over your head" to a position for which you are not qualified, or not yet qualified. Do not fast-forward through the necessary learning processes, slow and painful as that may seem.

42 -- finally, some good news! Real forward progress follows your hard work, and depends on your staying focused on the job.

-- all the best!

trueblue

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Elias! This all rings very true. After thinking about it for a few days, I think 24 is telling me to be patient with this whole process (patience has been an issue for me in the past, hahaha). In fact, impatience does exactly what you describe: makes me jump in too quickly and then freak out when I'm "in over my head."

I think Increase assures me the right job will come along at the right time. In the meantime, there are things at my current job I can learn from, even if they are not the things I think I want to learn. For example, my current job requires me to be very detail oriented (which I am not because I've typically had an assistant at other jobs who would cover my tracks in terms of details). It occurred to me that it can only help me to focus on refining my attention to detail now, since I have the opportunity and it will likely serve me as I "move up the ladder", so to speak.

As of today I have not heard back from the job I described above. However, I had gotten calls from two other organizations who want to interview me! Also a learning experience - don't put all your eggs in one basket because there are other opportunities out there too!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).