...life can be translucent

Menu

20 Unchanging - Danger?

trueblue

visitor
Reaction score
**OOPS, THE TITLE SHOULD HAVE READ "29 UNCHANGING - DANGER?"

Hi All,

As some of you know, I've been job hunting for the past few months as my current job is unfulfilling and I'm also looking to relocate to another city.

I've decided on relocating to New York, and through my professional network have been connected to someone who is a big shot at a major University in NYC, who seems to be taking me under her wing. She has set me up with interviews for two different positions.

One of the positions would be my ultimate dream job, the other would be a step in the right direction but would be slightly lower than my skill level and would not necessarily challenge me the way I want (kind of like the job I have now, except in a cooler location :rolleyes:). But, there would be great opportunities for advancement within the University, even if I took the lesser job.

Anyway, I asked the I Ching: "Please paint me a picture of what my future career would look like at X University?"

I got 29, The Abysmal, unchanging.

Although I understand and am heartened by the aspect of this hexagram that talks about success being achieved through a sincere heart, I've always been confused by the "danger" component of it. Maybe it's warning me not to settle for less?

Can someone help?

Last edited:

ijing0509

visitor
Reaction score
keep on hunting

The abysmal is not a good place to stay. You will suffer. Think twice.

Wilma

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
"Learning the Chasms"

'Repeating chasm.
There is truth and confidence.
Holding fast the heart creates success.
Movement brings honour.'

success is possible

'Repeating streams reach a climax. Repeating chasm.
Noble one thus acts with unchanging de,
And teaches things through repetition.'

learning through experience...this kind of learning is much more valuable, its how you become an expert, cant do that without living through danger.

trueblue

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting. At this point I haven't gotten any concrete or intuitive feeling that things could go awry for me at this University, but will definitely keep my eyes open as the interview processes continue.

I like the idea of learning through experience to become an expert - that feels like the space I'm in right now with my career.

I just asked the I Ching, "What kinds of danger/challenges should I be aware of as I proceed at X University?" I got 19 Approach, with no changing lines. Hmmm. It talks of supreme success but also misfortune in the 8th month. I guess I'll just have to take it one step at a time with this situation and trust my gut along the way.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).