Forward from a 'friend'

I do not know how to read the I Ching but I tossed the coins for a reading:
1. 2T, 1H
2. 1T, 2H
3. 2H, 1T
4. 1H, 2T
5. 2H, 1T
6. 2H, 1T

" I am currently 28 and living in the United States.
"
" I had a dream. The most vivid dream I have ever had. I was 17 or 18 at the time. I was standing in silence for a moment and I felt my long dark hair brush against my face. Iwas in China and the upper east region. I know this. I had some sort of white outfit on. A man leading the army, who I do not know if I was married to or just close with, was going off to war. He was in full attire, of a ancient warrior outfit. It was a very large army, they all mounted on top of LARGE turtles. They moved over the hill into the coming sunrise or sunset. I was so sad and felt tears running down my skin.

I turned to see a shed of some sort with hot coals being burned for some reason. A man was keeping the fire going. Just then I turned and I some how ended up in a large massive desert ofcracked earth. I was still in white walking with no shoes on. Many people were chainedto the ground. I was so sad. They were calling for my help and I did not know how to helpthem. I wanted to help them. All of them grabbing at my ankles.

Just then I woke up so upset and sweating. At the time I was practicing meditation and it was about year after doing so that this dream happened. I have always been drawn to Asia and India. I am apretty logically person and I am not sure what it all means. I had this dream after seeing a website on mysticism and the I Ching. It moved me deeply.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
This dream is/ will be in the next issue of the newsletter (out tomorrow, finally, I hope). I divined on its meaning for the dreamer now, and received hexagram 7, unchanging. What else?

zephyrx

visitor
Reaction score
I would like to thank you Hilary for all of your help with this dream. Although, I did not write a few lines of the forwarded message above. "I had this dream after seeing a website on mysticism and the I ching. Back then..I was not on the internet.
And some of my information was not included.

I would like to thank everyone who is helping in this process.

Thank you

C

candid

Ancient soldiers riding to war on giant turtles. Wow! Talk about rich symbolism.

If I read the lines correctly, you received 55 Abundance. A time when the sun is directly overhead, and shadows disappear. Things seen clearly as they are.

Your heart aches for those who are chained to this earth. Oppression!
Their suffering becomes yours.

Magic turtles live freely of attachments.
Soldiers who ride upon them are thus empowered.

Your bare feet touch the earth.
You haven't lost touch with humanity.

The great man keeps the coals hot.
You must be worthy or he'd not.

Enjoy the abundance while it lasts.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Candid, are you sure? I see hex.51.
LiSe

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
And I saw 57... (depends how you count your heads and tails). Zephyrx, was this your own casting?

Anyway, the newsletter will be sent out to subscribers within the next couple of hours, and you can read it online now. Should have included a link over here... ah well, maybe next issue...

C

candid

LiSe - I haven't been sure of much the last few days. Flu symtoms have my mind in a daze.

After a recount, and using the numerical value 1-6, I see that you are indeed correct.

My apology.

zephyrx

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, the casting at the top of this segment is mine. I was not sure if I asked the question correctly, but I gave it a shot.

Thank you,
Juliet

midaughter

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 51 would indicate clairvoyance, a clairvoyant dream in this context. I think the dream is a vision, a message.

midaughter

visitor
Reaction score
The turtle was the ancient symbol of the Lord of the North, the Dark Shaman. the Dark Shaman often made trips to the underworld to cheat the Lord of Death. Later in more Taoist times, a man who eschewed worldly fame and became an immortal became Xan Wu (dark turtle), the one strong enough to handle the strong powers inherent in the direction north. The turtle army travels northwards-the primal male energy, K'an.
Xan Wu lives in the palace, the same venue where Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (is that the name?, good movie)took place. The Golden Child mythically sits at the seat of his throne.

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Sunpuerh,

I've done a lot of dream interpretation over the last few years. I don't use the I Ching for dream interpretation.

This is not your dream but the dream of a female friend, is that correct?

Only the dreamer can know the true meaning of the dream. Here are some of my ideas, I hope that some of this is useful to her.

In the dream, "A man leading the army, who I do not know if I was married to or just close with, was going off to war. He was in full attire, of a ancient warrior outfit. It was a very large army, they all mounted on top of LARGE turtles. They moved over the hill into the coming sunrise or sunset. I was so sad and felt tears running down my skin."

The turtles were on high ground. Turtles live in water. Perhaps this symbolises someone who is very emotional but whose emotional life is not being nourished.

Has your friend been feeling cut-off from her feelings recently?

Turtles visit the land to give birth. Has your friend got a family? Is she thinking about having children?

The dream continues, "I turned to see a shed of some sort with hot coals being burned for some reason. A man was keeping the fire going. Just then I turned and I some how ended up in a large massive desert ofcracked earth."

Perhaps this hot, barren landscape underlines the lack of fulfilling emotion in this woman's life?

"I was still in white walking with no shoes on. Many people were chainedto the ground. I was so sad. They were calling for my help and I did not know how to helpthem. I wanted to help them. All of them grabbing at my ankles."

Shoes can represent your occupation. Is the dreamer unhappy in her work at the moment? Does she feel that her career lacks direction?

The dream seems to be asking the dreamer to value her emotional life more. Shift from her head to her heart.

These are just my thoughts but I hope that some of it is helpful to your friend.

Best wishes,

Mick

tashiiij

visitor
Reaction score
Juliet, this is an incredible 'dream'. Much is uncovered in the dream, but what is covered, what is not known, is, to my understanding, what may be most important to you, what you may be trying to wrangle with, unconciously.

what remains unknown, is what is your relationship to the man leading the army? what is your relation to the man with the hot coals? i wondered if you were the diviner, and then felt helpless to help the chained people? For instance, why would the people be calling for your help? Why were they chained, and you free? Did you have royal position, or just luck? They grabbed for your ankles, you woke up.

Anyway, I dont know that answers to the dream will come in your head, maybe answers will come that way, but answers to this dream may also come through the activites in your life you chose, and the paths you seek, and what paths come to you. I was very inspired by this dream, and i thank you for sharing it.

jenny

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).