...life can be translucent

Menu

thoughts on 62.2?

alyce21

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on line 2 of hexagram 62 or experiences of what it's meant for you in readings. I find the text of this line a little confusing. My own thoughts are something like bipassing the usual form of doing things, or something like that. Or is it something like you go looking for something but get something else, or less than what you wanted, but it's ok?

Any thoughts?

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It's time to get humbler, settle for less. The time for great things is not now.

tuckchang

visitor
Reaction score
In my opinion and for your reference, Xiao (小: little, small) Guo (過: to pass or to exceed) of hex 62 is annotated as a little bit overstepping or overdoing. Grand father and mother refer to the private relationship, while monarch and subject refer to the public one. To exceed the grandfather, (but) meet the grandmother, and not to reach the king, (but) meet the courtier, (lead to) no fault (or calamity) of 62.2, signifying there are still some restrictions to abide by even if a little bit overstepping or overdoing is concerned, for instance, it is of no fault or calamity if a private issue is concerned but the public one must be done according to what is just right, as suggested by the hexagram text: It permits carrying out small tasks, but does not permit undertaking a big mission.

Regards
Tuck
www.iching123.com

alyce21

visitor
Reaction score
It's time to get humbler, settle for less. The time for great things is not now.
Hello bradford, I'm bright_star over at the tarot forum :). Sorry for being a few days late in replying. That interpretation makes more sense, thankyou. I recently got this line when asking for advice about doing something, and it is a situation where I am settling for less it would seem. But more in the sense of changing my attitude towards it, not aiming for the bigger thing I would like to happen because now isn't the right time for it, but I will still try for something, just lesser than my original intention.

alyce21

visitor
Reaction score
In my opinion and for your reference, Xiao (小: little, small) Guo (過: to pass or to exceed) of hex 62 is annotated as a little bit overstepping or overdoing. Grand father and mother refer to the private relationship, while monarch and subject refer to the public one. To exceed the grandfather, (but) meet the grandmother, and not to reach the king, (but) meet the courtier, (lead to) no fault (or calamity) of 62.2, signifying there are still some restrictions to abide by even if a little bit overstepping or overdoing is concerned, for instance, it is of no fault or calamity if a private issue is concerned but the public one must be done according to what is just right, as suggested by the hexagram text: It permits carrying out small tasks, but does not permit undertaking a big mission.

Regards
Tuck
www.iching123.com
Hmm, that helps a bit more...I still find the grandfather/grandmother and king/courtier thing to be a bit confusing. Makes a bit more sense to see the grandfather/mother as a private issue and the other as public. So it basically says to still aim for something, but lesser than you would usually, or were going to, that it's just not the time for anything big?

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello bradford, I'm bright_star over at the tarot forum :).

Well hi!
Are you going to participate in Hilary's "Kitchen" exercise here? We're helping her formulate some ideas for a guidebook for Yijing readers. Your practice might benefit from the process. Are your university finals over now?

tuckchang

visitor
Reaction score
Hmm, that helps a bit more...I still find the grandfather/grandmother and king/courtier thing to be a bit confusing. Makes a bit more sense to see the grandfather/mother as a private issue and the other as public. So it basically says to still aim for something, but lesser than you would usually, or were going to, that it's just not the time for anything big?

In my opinion, the text of 62.2 is to explain the limitation of a little bit overstepping or overdoing (in terms of femininity (i.e. the small one) exceeding (masculinity in quantity)). With respect to propriety, 92.2 takes ‘overtaking the grandfather but walking in parallel to the grandmother’ as an example, which is acceptable if the private life is concerned; however if the public issue is involved, 62.2 walks in parallel to the courtier but behind the king.

In my opinion, usually the hexagram text outlines the environment where all the lines live. Small tasks usually refer to those of short term, less influence or less difficulty ……, while the big mission is opposite.

In my opinion, to explain the meaning of a text, or a hexagram, or a line sometime is different from reading it obtained from divination, which is subject to the question. From example and in my opinion, hex 2 is usually taken for a negative answer if the question involves the establishment of one’s own business, but it is a positive while the question concerns a new job as the assistant to someone else.

Generally speaking, 62.2 is permitted to do a little bit over its status, or authorization, or …… (because it is the feminine at a position right to it) but within its territory (like it at the core position of the bottom trigram); due to the fact that it has no access to the upper trigram, it has no chance to go upward and for those outside its territory; 62.2 is well aware of its limitation.

Regards
Tuck

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
From example and in my opinion, hex 2 is usually taken for a negative answer if the question involves the establishment of one’s own business, but it is a positive while the question concerns a new job as the assistant to someone else.

Regards
Tuck

What about hexagram 2 in a relationship questions?

tuckchang

visitor
Reaction score
In my opinion, hex 2 is a good hexagram for the relationship in one gender but bad for the one between the male and the female, especially 2.6 but the line of using 6 is a different story.

Regards
Tuck
www.iching123.com

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
In my opinion, hex 2 is a good hexagram for the relationship in one gender but bad for the one between the male and the female, especially 2.6 but the line of using 6 is a different story.

Regards
Tuck
www.iching123.com

How do you mean in one gender? Dont tell me that in China you also have homosexuals and their rights? :)

tuckchang

visitor
Reaction score
Hi yamabushi and sooo,

The relationship in one gender means the relationship among people of the same gender.
To my understanding, the relationship in respect of humans refers to those between two friends, colleagues and lovers …., or employer and employee, parent and child and so on. While a question of divination is related to the relationship, I take the male and the female as two parties involved in the relationship for judgment. Kun (a feminine trigram) in the direction of southeast (i.e. the direction of the trigram Kun) will obtain friend, but will lose friend in the direction of northeast (i.e. the direction of the trigram Gen, a masculine trigram).

Yi is constituted based on Yang and Yin, which are day and night in the sky, and refer to largeness and smallness, strength and weakness, male and female ….. i.e. two different subjects at each end while they are applied to phenomenon or substances on the earth. Yang and Yin are in opposing positions; they will create benefit while they interact in harmony; therefore Kun highlights submissiveness.
In my opinion, they can be also taken for the ones of 10% larger and 10% smaller, or 10% stronger and 10% weaker, and the male of homosexuals and the female of homosexuals ……... i.e. two subjects in comparison. As to whether the homosexual is taken for the relationship of one gender or two different subjects, it is up to you.
What does Yi say about this? 26.5 is a feminine line.:rofl:
Is there anything is in the middle? The principle of moderation is the one, the most important virtue of the I Ching.:)

Regards
Tuck
www.iching123.com

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
oh my, I think Charly would be having a field day with this!! lol

:bag:

charly

visitor
Reaction score
oh my, I think Charly would be having a field day with this!! lol :bag:

Dear Dora:

Of course. I believe that along all the Changes is hidden the theme of PEOPLE and LIBERTY, the dialectic of DOMINATION of which all opposition like male and female, men and women, sun and moon, are but metaphors.

The true MATRIX is the OPPOSITION that lies betwen:
  • RULERS (rich families) and PEOPLE,
  • CENTER (Court) and PERIPHERY {barbarians, foreigners from the borders, neighbors)
... say the main social and political relations.

The problen of POWER and SUBMISSION is not a problem of SEXUAL (1) difference but of SOCIAL difference. When people become aware of that, men and women become EQUALS in a community of BROTHERS and SISTERS.

LOVE is the only acid that can dissolve the veil of ILLUSION. Maybe that's why in anctient LOVE POETRY the lovers addressed each other as BROTHERS and SISTERS, say, equals although different.

LOVE is STRONGER that any opposition, being the more frequent question among all the consults to the Changes. (2)

I believe that this questions are visible in H.62, maybe even more in 62.2, if one looks at the chinese text. (TO BE CONTINUED)

Much obliged,

Charly

(2) Of course, it doesn't apply to the Shang's bone divination whose scripts were records of royal divination, say much biased with respect to the population, from the statistical point of view.

P.D.
Down with the IMF.
Why didn't they press for the Parthenon's marbles devolution?
Ch.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
Charly, great to see you posting again :)

it's interesting what you say . . in political terms at least it seems things are getting all the more apparent, especially in my country with everything that's been going on but what can the people do to make sure they retain the right to go on living as they please?
curious to hear how you read these in 62 . .

I hear you on the IMF too . . but what's to be done, I don't know . .

many wishes to you and your loved ones!

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on line 2 of hexagram 62 or experiences of what it's meant for you in readings. I find the text of this line a little confusing. My own thoughts are something like bipassing the usual form of doing things, or something like that. Or is it something like you go looking for something but get something else, or less than what you wanted, but it's ok?

Any thoughts?

I just got this line and what you say makes sense., and it applies to my matter. They way i see it, you are looking for something, but because you are in a 62 position/rank you can't meet it straight and instead of that you found an intermediate. I'm not sure about the " less than wanted". To may case seems more another route to follow , more apt to the current situation (62). It doesn't feel like a compromise, on the contrary another opening from what initially had in mind. And that , in a ways, is supported by 32, the relating hex. It's still a progress.

its like what happens at the karate kid movie. Daniel wanted to learn karate, but finds out himself painting fences and waxing cars till he realized that doing that he was actually progressing on his goal.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).