...life can be translucent

Menu

On buying a home: 23.1.2.5

yawiney

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, I am close once again to making one of the biggest decisions of my life so far. This place is a fixer but i have looked into it and have what it takes to do it. I can not find any logical reason not to do it and my feeling on it has been good 100%.

Then I did the reading. While # 23 in general and also the first 2 lines are saying not to perservere, the 5th line seems like it influences the 1st 2 lines into goodness. Any Clarity on how this 5th line relates to the Hexagram in general and the other lines? Is this too much of a red flag?

gato

visitor
Reaction score
are you waiting for any kind of support ? maybe money, maybe a discussion or more likely a document ? if so there are some problems with it in near future
or maybe there is a quarrel for this property?

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
23 advises not to proceed with this deal, but it changes to 61 which is auspicious for a new house, if you do not force anything to make it work. I would look into it more, because it is a fixer. 23's top yang line is tottering and about to fall. The top mountain cannot withstand the encroachment of the wind and rain. It is very bad fortune and luck. You must maintain your present position. Nevertheless, the subsequent 61 tells you that if you are sincere and truthful in your dealings, that you will find something good. So, don't jump at this chance immediately. You may want to have the price lowered to cover what it might cost to fix up.

yawiney

visitor
Reaction score
I am still waiting on the acceptance document but they took it off the acive listing for me so there shouldn't be a problem with that. Thank you both for the insight. Still wondering about how that 5th line affects the decision of the hexagram.

yawiney

visitor
Reaction score
Any further counsel on 23.1.2.5 >61?

Any further insights into 23.1.2.5 changing to 61 would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

nebu

visitor
Reaction score
Hello yawiney

I don't know if you've looked at different translations but lines 1 and 2 differ depending on who you read. That's enough to drive anyone mad :)

To me, some of this depends on the question you asked. For instance, if you're intending to strip the house and re-work a lot of it so as to give it a new lease of life then hexagram 23 could suggest that you're in tune with the time (but perhaps not to underestimate how much it might take to do it, or overestimate how great the outcome might be). The Yi Jing describes hexagram 23 as following in sequence from hexagram 22, and it pairs 23 with hexagram 24. So if you put 23 in those contexts you can relate it back to your question and see how it fits. Lines 1 and 2 might then make more sense within that overall picture.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Still wondering about how that 5th line affects the decision of the hexagram". The hexagram has no decision, the decision belongs to you :) I think you're referring to line 5 influencing lines 1 and 2, in which case I'll say that I don't think any line can influence another line into anything, all lines have their part to play in their own right. IMO it's more likely that the lines describe either different facets of the situation that you need to consider, or alternatively that they tell a potential story via their progression up through the lines. By that I mean not just a potential story that could occur, but a potential story that you could bring about.

If you're wanting Yi's opinion of the house you could (if you haven't already) ask the Yi for an image of the property.

Regards

Nebu

yawiney

visitor
Reaction score
The I-ching never ceases to amaze me

Asked the Yi about the image of the property and got Hex 61.1. 61 was what my original question changed to so i was not suprised. Still digesting that 1st yao. Thank you for the suggestion Nebu.

On the orig question: 23 lines 1 and 2; Hatcher says in both cases "to dismiss (such) persistance is unfortunate". All others i've read seem to say to persist is unfortunate. i think this is what you meant in your post. Don't quite know what to make of that. It seems like the begining is a time to be careful and humble and later things get better?
Thanks in adv to anyone who feels to share.

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
i do not consider 23 a fortunate hexagram lines notwithstanding. However I accept that
maybe the Yi is simply confirming it is a fixer. I am wondering whether the Yi is asking you
to look at numbers again. These projects take twice as long and cost twice as much as you
anticipate. 61 may be asking you if you are being honest with yourself about what this is
going to take - will it strain your finances your health your relationships? Maybe ask the Yi
whether you will be less at risk by revising the figure you have offered to pay say by 30%
or whatever intuitively feels appropriate - only my opinion there are wiser interpreters here.
I do simple intuitive all the best

yawiney

visitor
Reaction score
Wanting to listen. Not sure of the message.

Thanks for your post Hopex.
I did ask the Yi how buying the house would be for me if I can get it for 10% less (that is what i think is realistic in this case). Got 21 with lines 2 and 5. This changes to 10 Treading which seems good for buying property. Is Biting through telling me to stop being wishy-washy and bite through the obsticles? Or alerting me to dangers so i can avoid a mistake?
Any help interpreting 21 with these lines in relation to the question?

knotxx

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
yawiney, did you buy this house? I am curious as to how this ended up.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Asked the Yi about the image of the property and got Hex 61.1.

Greg Whincup translates 61.1 as "It is auspicious to be prepared. Unexpected disquiet lies ahead." He has always been right about that, in my experience.

And hex 23 is certainly not a good hexagram for buying a house, fixer or not.

With these readings, I would abandon plans to buy that property. There is something wrong that you don't know about right now.
:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).